Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Legacies OOC

Started by N01H3r3, August 03, 2009, 08:31:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

N01H3r3

There... that's the entire story so far reposted, with a few spelling errors corrected and a couple of sentences polished a little.
Contributing Writer for many Warhammer 40,000 Roleplay books, including Black Crusade

Professional Games Designer.

Gideon Sterne

That's the best story featuring an Eldar I've ever read, well done. Really captures the nature of the alien. How long will the finished piece be?

In terms of constructive criticism, I note that you move quite late on - about half way through - to dating each passage, whereas previously the reader is left to work out what time things happen. It's a bit inconsistent and would work better if you picked one method and stuck with it; personally I'd date every entry in Eldar and Imperial calendars.

N01H3r3

Quote from: Gideon Sterne on August 04, 2009, 07:11:53 AM
That's the best story featuring an Eldar I've ever read, well done. Really captures the nature of the alien. How long will the finished piece be?
The main character was my original character for the in-character portions of the Conclave, back when that's all the Conclave was; as of 999M41, he's eight thousand, six hundred and thirty eight years old... needless to say, there's a lot left to cover. I'd say that I'm probably only a third of the way through, half-way at a stretch. Certainly, there are some big events yet to cover, such as the Tyrannic Wars and the conflict on Haran, that I've mentioned Alundirel being involved in during previous in-character posts in years past.

QuoteIn terms of constructive criticism, I note that you move quite late on - about half way through - to dating each passage, whereas previously the reader is left to work out what time things happen. It's a bit inconsistent and would work better if you picked one method and stuck with it; personally I'd date every entry in Eldar and Imperial calendars.
I started doing that mainly because the story stopped being linear as I started to explore the origins of the Kindred of the Silent Hand, an organisation to which Alundirel will eventually belong. Leaving the time somewhat ambiguous only works so long as you're not jumping millennia forwards and backwards.

I see your point, though, and will look at adding additional dates to the older posts once I get the chance.
Contributing Writer for many Warhammer 40,000 Roleplay books, including Black Crusade

Muundus

Well I have been gone for many years, and it is still good to read stories about your little eldar. How has everything been going?

N01H3r3

Quote from: Muundus on November 30, 2009, 10:57:36 PM
Well I have been gone for many years, and it is still good to read stories about your little eldar. How has everything been going?
Good to see an old alias around these parts, even if our characters had nothing but (justified) loathing for one another.

I've not had much opportunity to add to Legacies in a while, due to other commitments, the current of which is my most exciting news ever - I'm currently freelance writing for Fantasy Flight Games, contributing to the Warhammer 40,000 Roleplaying Game.

Muundus

Well Congratulations for that! I haven't been able to do much writing myself these past years, but I am now trying to step back into it. Do people post on here as often as thye did in the old forum?