Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

My very first Warhammer 40k RT character in Inquisitor...

Started by monkhmer, December 11, 2009, 09:15:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inquisitor Cade

Eldar use Mesh armour, he'd struggle to come by carapace.

I'm a bit iffy when it comes to wyrds, I'm not sure what they represent, a high power psyker? An X-men like mutation? Also their eistence isn't backed up by any fluff I am aware of. I'd make him a psyker with a limited number of powers instead, but that's just me.
*Insert token witticism*

monkhmer

Quote from: Inquisitor Cade on December 14, 2009, 07:02:15 PM
Eldar use Mesh armour, he'd struggle to come by carapace.

I'm a bit iffy when it comes to wyrds, I'm not sure what they represent, a high power psyker? An X-men like mutation? Also their eistence isn't backed up by any fluff I am aware of. I'd make him a psyker with a limited number of powers instead, but that's just me.

I thought they wore mesh primarily too but looking at my 40k they look like carapace suits.  They're definitely not Imperial style though.

I think Wyrds are more of a Necromunda idea.  The only mention in fluff I've seen is from Necromunda novels.

MarcoSkoll

As far as I understand it, Wyrds are intuitive psykers.

If you will, the description I use for Marco (who's a Wyrd telekine) is that using his power is as natural to him as moving your arm is to you - his surroundings are almost like an extension of his body.
I took that idea a little further, giving him the ability to sense his surroundings - like you naturally know where your various limbs are without having to look, if Marco concentrates, he can feel his surroundings.

In many ways, that's how I choose to describe a Wyrd - they have a much finer and natural awareness of whatever they can control, and because of that, they can be much more precise, controlled and safe in their power. At the same time, however, they're somewhat "typecast". They do the one thing they do very well, but that's it.

EDIT: I should stress, the above is only my own thoughts, with little canon backing it up. Others may have different ideas...
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

DapperAnarchist

"Wyrd" is a Necromundan term - but the existence of Wyrd-like individuals would be widespread. Some would be actual psykers with who are roughly immune to the usual risks, but "Wyrd" can be used to represent other mutant abilities (for example, if one wanted to represent Cyclops of the X-Men on the table for some reason, Wyrd-Gaze of Death would be a good power to give him), or strange learned abilities - don't Pathfinder characters count as having Wyrd-Detection, but can't concentrate it?
Questions are a burden to others, answers a burden to oneself.

The Keltani Subsector  My P&M Thread - Most recent, INQ28!

Kaled

Quote from: DapperAnarchist on December 15, 2009, 05:35:36 PM
"Wyrd" can be used to represent other mutant abilities (for example, if one wanted to represent Cyclops of the X-Men on the table for some reason, Wyrd-Gaze of Death would be a good power to give him)
I might have mentioned this before, but still like the idea of doing a band of mutants led by an Inquisitor who believes that mutation is key to humanity's future - kind of if John Blanche had drawn a twisted version of the X-Men.
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

Inquisitor Cade

I'm not keen on the idea of a genetic mutation that gives laser eyes, the ability to defy gravity  or teleportation etc. the setting for 40k is a bit more serious than for X-men, and X-men power are, on the whole completely implausable.

I agree that the X-men a la Blanche would be interesting, but would hope that said warband would consist of psykers , and mutants with abnormally high S or T, good eyesight, smell or hearing, skin tough enogh to act as natural armour, regeneration or eyes that see in a wider spectrum etc. And they sould have a healty (or not in fact) dose of negative mutations along with the positive, though less than would be expected as the Inquisitor would be selective about who he took.
*Insert token witticism*

DapperAnarchist

True - but some of the Biomancy powers would make good representations of odd Mutant/Abhuman (DH has Mutant as Warp-twisted, Abhuman simply altered by evolution, chemicals, genetic modification, etc) abilities, that are purely physical.
Questions are a burden to others, answers a burden to oneself.

The Keltani Subsector  My P&M Thread - Most recent, INQ28!

Kaled

There are plenty of mutations, psychic/wyrd powers that would make for great characters - and while some of the characters I have in mind do have seriously negative mutations, others appear to have no downside.  After all, that's why they're being employed by the Inquisitor.
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

Inquisitor Cade

Is this a 'it would be cool if' idea or a 'now I've finished those admech characters I need my next project' idea?
I hope the latter.

Quoteand while some of the characters I have in mind do have seriously negative mutations, others appear to have no downside.
That sounds appropriate to me.

What are your thoughs on the Inquisitor?

Sorry, I've just realised that the topic is derailed.
*Insert token witticism*