Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Lux Eterna OOC

Started by Swarbie, December 20, 2009, 08:13:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swarbie

Yep, that's the feeling. Mind you, I viewed it as a challenge, to make it good enough that people would post a comment about it. I'm pretty impressed with what I've done so far. Just over 6100 words. I've never written that much before.
And I saw her body burning,
With it, my world
To dust returning

MarcoSkoll

Only that many? ;)
You'll have to get working then - I've written single posts of nearly that length! ;D

... and I wish I could say I was kidding. The longest post of mine I can recall is the ~5900 word post I made for Frost's character sheet on the last version of the Conclave.

And that was an abridged version of her full background.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Zephon

Eep! That's a big Genestealer infestation. I guess the Hive Fleet is on the way. Now the question is how is the Inquisitor going to get out to record the log and fight the Tyranid invasion. Perhaps he should have been a little more cautious. I suppose Marcus could provide backup though, so I'm still holding out for a rescue.

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: Zephon on February 13, 2010, 08:23:30 PMNow the question is how is the Inquisitor going to get out to record the log...
Who says he has to get out?

Undead Author. (WARNING- TV Tropes link!)
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Swarbie

I think he might have to . . . I'm not even halfway through the story yet. He's definitely not going to come through safe and sound. And the others don't have to make it, seeing as they aren't telling the story.

And, yes, the Hive Fleet is on the way . . .
With it, my world
To dust returning

Swarbie

Hmmm, ok then. Anyways. More bad news. There is not much chance of an update this week. I'm incredibly sorry, but I'm in New Norcia for the next 4 days- no computer-access. However, I will make it up to you guys. Next week's update will hopefully be pretty long, maybe even over a thousand words. Who knows?
With it, my world
To dust returning

Swarbie

Gah!!!! Sorry this took so long, but I've been really busy this last week.

Comments? Criticisms? Unhappiness with how this bit worked out?
With it, my world
To dust returning

Swarbie

Hmmmm. Anyways. No update. I'm going through some writer's block. If anyone wants to PM me with suggestions about what might happen next, feel free.
With it, my world
To dust returning

Swarbie

Never mind, I'm back on track. Although this is kinda short, because I was up late last night. However, it's given me a springboard to get the rest of the story going.
With it, my world
To dust returning

Swarbie

Well, it's stalled for a while, but finally I've got a decent sized update to give you.

Enjoy.
With it, my world
To dust returning