Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Spring Conclave 2010

Started by Kaled, December 21, 2009, 12:40:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Van Helser

Well, looks like everyone's favourite unpronounceable Icelandic volcano is behaving itself, so I should be catching my flight down tomorrow. Good times.

Ruaridh

Necris

Hmm is a bolt revolver enough or should I bring a big beefy shotgun along to just for good measure.

looking like I might just be undercoated (though new necris could almost get away with that)

dammed wife demanding attention all the time
This here is my very favourite gun...I call her rita.

The Order of the Iron Rose - Necris' Inq28 Plog

greenstuff_gav

i still gotta finish my character sheet :(
curse the afternoon shift! curse it!
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

Myriad

I had all my character sheets done but just managed to erase one of them  :-\

Bolt revolvers normally suffice.
I had better point out, that some of the clubs I represent are of a military bent.

You know what you are?  A plywood shark!

MarcoSkoll

What fun. I'm coming by train, and I've got tickets pre-booked. And I've just discovered that the self-serve ticket machine at the local station is out of order.

Annoying though that discovery is, the fact that I found out early enough to deal with the problem rather than by turning up to find it that way at half past five on Saturday morning is pure luck.
It means making a trip into town tomorrow to go to the ticket office, but it could certainly be worse.

~~~~~

Anyway, I've revised my exact plans about which characters I'm bringing with me. I wasted quite a lot of modelling time with procrastination and that meant that a lot of stuff has had to be put on hold.
Still, I've got enough models to make up the warband. Both Marco and Silva, who'll be joined by a guest appearance from Shayna*.

*Shayna Leith being the name that got put to the Commissar I sculpted back in that week spanning January/February. I've not yet had the chance to use her in a game, and she's unlikely to have a warband of her own for a while, so I'm drafting her in for these games.
I've set her out as a political liaison for the Commissariat who Marco's temporarily borrowing as a guide. Whether that's to help with the local politics or the actual environment will vary.

I'll also have Frost, although she's probably going to remain in the model case most of the time.

Would have been nice to finish some of the other models, but they can be "assigned to secondary objectives elsewhere" as far as this event.

Quote from: Brother_Brimstone on April 22, 2010, 10:53:13 PMDid someone say 'armed to the teeth?'
Frost's standard loadout is 12 individual weapons and enough ammunition to be able to kill an entire rifle company.

And for her, that's not over-armed. She sometimes really does have to kill off that many people.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Van Helser

Gosh-darnit!

Inverness airport is closed 'til noon.  Flight down is at two, so might still be alright...

Kaled

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you - hope your flight goes ahead as scheduled.

Last night I made some speedy repairs to the Valkyrie (damned volcanic ash in the engines!), and I think I have everything ready to go. I'll be travelling over tonight, and may not have internet access when I arrive (except on my phone), so if anyone has any last minute requests or questions, ask them soon.
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

greenstuff_gav

rulebooks - check
tape measure - check
conclave dice - check
miniatures - check
camera - check
trillby hat - check
packed lunch - check
car fuelled up - check
character sheet - damnit!
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

Molotov

I'll be keenly keeping an eye out to hear what goes on at the weekend! Good luck to all the participants. :)
INQ28 Thread | INQ28 Blog
INQ28, done properly, is at least the equal of its big brother - and Mol is one of the expert proponents of "done properly".
- precinctomega

kierkegaard

Hello All,

Hope you have a fun day.

I also hope that you take lots of pictures for those of us who aren't attending.

Van Helser

Good news everybody! I am currently sitting in my hotel room in Nottingham. It'll take more than a cloud of ash to stop me!

Euan (Heroka Vendile) has made it down as well.

See you all tomorrow.

Ruaridh

Necris

Well we've broke for lunch all going well so far

This here is my very favourite gun...I call her rita.

The Order of the Iron Rose - Necris' Inq28 Plog

Kasthan

Got back about 6.30. Nackered. Many, many thanks to Dave and everyone else who ran today.

Currently waiting for photos to upload to Photobucket, all 113 of them!

Thanks Gav for being my big friend in blue. Also to PO and Marco for putting up with my GMing. Oh,Marco no more crotch shots please.

See you all in the flesh soon, hopefully sooner than the Grand Tournament next year.

precinctomega

Huge fun and big "thank you" to Dave who put in an unspeakable amount of effort, creating over a hundred separate characters to act as the dramatis personae in the event's backdrop of sources, allies, suspects and corpses.

Highlights for me included my two main characters - one in power armour with a power blade - being held at bay for three turns by a haggard (and heroic) mutant with a spear; Zoltan Enobarbus giving Kasthan's Inquisitor a centre parting with a power sword; and watching Inquisitor Necris, inches from seizing power in the Carthaxian Sector, topple five storeys to a spine-cracking demise.

Oh, and having my own plasma cannon to threaten people with was fun, too!

R.

Brother_Brimstone

Thanks to everyone who attended - I had a really enjoyable day; even if my characters did have a tendancy to die.... a lot.... Massive thanks to Dave for all the effort he put into making it such a great day. Also, thanks to Ruaridh who guided me through my first game.

If i were to name some highlights, they would involve Gav's Space Marine picking up Severin and using him to kill Zophar, Severin somehow shearing an NPC's chest from his body and Wicked Willie using a demo charge to disintegrate an Arco-Flagellant (as well as collapse a couple of buildings!).

I will add my own pics to the picture thread that has been started.