Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Spring Conclave 2010

Started by Kaled, December 21, 2009, 12:40:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: Brother_Brimstone on March 11, 2010, 10:20:18 PMDo you think i'd be reasonably safe using him, or do you think it would be wise to nominate one of his henchmen as my primary character?
You should be reasonably safe. In amongst the Conclave's heavily converted (or indeed, entirely sculpted) models, a non-GW model should be able to hide very easily. That is, if the staff even spare the Inquisitor games a second glance.

... and while I can't speak for Kaled, I don't imagine that in the unlikely case that a player is left unable to use their PPC, that they'll be stopped from playing on a such a minor technicality.

QuoteAs another point, would Zophar be an acceptable character for such a campaign?
Certainly. Someone like that could certainly have interests in getting a more easily manipulated Inquisitor Lord at the head of the Carthax sector.

Although that said, he would certainly need to be very careful... trying to involve oneself in matters where those involved are inherently strong willed and suspicious individuals who would be resistant to his psychic trickery would be a big risk for him.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Brother_Brimstone

Quote from: MarcoSkoll on March 11, 2010, 10:44:41 PM
Although that said, he would certainly need to be very careful... trying to involve oneself in matters where those involved are inherently strong willed and suspicious individuals who would be resistant to his psychic trickery would be a big risk for him.

Zophar strikes me as the kind of man not to back down from a challenge, especially with such high stakes  ;D

Also, I was thinking about the role of Zophar's powers, and fluff-wise i thought the real role they would play was to get him past guards etc... For example, Kaled mentioned having to end up in a fortified fortress type place, and Zophar's manipulation, while less effective on inquisitors, would prove invaluable in getting past those guarding the HQ. For the inquisitors... the gigantic sword and gun he carries aren't just for show  :P

ANyway, thank you very much for the response, i'm starting to get excited about it already! It may well be my first 54mm Inquisitor game being played with my own characters (having, in the past, only used friends characters or 28mm characters of my own).

EDIT: Found the mention

Quote from: Kaled on February 01, 2010, 05:28:52 PM

Also, in case you hadn't guessed, the last game will take place at the High Conclave so it would make sense if your principle player character is one who could feasibly be invited or somehow sneak himself in [....] a chaos magus could, by some arcane means, infiltrate the conclave and so would be a suitable principle player character.

Kaled

Yep, Zophar sounds like he'd fit in very well.

And yes, in the unlikely case that the WHW staff do ask a player to remove his PPC from the table, I'll allow them to use a different character instead.
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: Brother_Brimstone on March 11, 2010, 10:56:05 PMFor the inquisitors... the gigantic sword and gun he carries aren't just for show
Nor are the ones carried by the Inquisitors... ;)

Like I say - big risks. Like you say - big payoffs.

Not that I'm saying he couldn't be a character here - indeed, he can fit right in - but I can imagine that Sarthuul neither wants himself (if himself is even the right term for a daemon) or his prized human toy to fall into the hands of the Inquisition.
And of course, if he's found out, then the work he's done will get put in jeopardy as the Inquisition tighten security and checks.

So, I still think he'd need to approach these situations with a particular degree of care, attention and subtlety roleplayed in his actions. You can choose otherwise if you'd like, but still, one does not simply walk into Mordor.

GW's =I= articles

Necris

Must get the new Necris (AKA Niska) finished, as well as his new warband

hmm I see a great struggle about to begin as my dammed finger is not healing as well as I had hoped.
This here is my very favourite gun...I call her rita.

The Order of the Iron Rose - Necris' Inq28 Plog

Kaled

As the Spring Conclave is now only about a month away, I'd like to get a better idea about who is planning to attend so I have some idea how many player packs to make up etc. If people could post (or PM) saying whether they're planning to attend, then I'll start putting together a list of definite/provisional attendees at the top of the thread.

- Dave

Kasthan

I'm a definite.
I have accommodation available for those that want to stay

Just got some painting and character sheets to do. (Must get something into the Carthaxian Conclave thread)

Necris

Character sheets

must print out a few dozen more
This here is my very favourite gun...I call her rita.

The Order of the Iron Rose - Necris' Inq28 Plog

Van Helser

I'm a definite attendee, hopefully with a new warband to show off (if I get my paints unpacked in time!).

Looking forward to the day muchly.

May also be worth mentioning now that I think I am going to run an autumn/winter Conclave event to make up
for the lack of a GT in December. I'll be aiming to have the day in October. Details to come in time.

Ruaridh

Myriad

Myself and someone who looks a bit like me were planning to attend, new models and all.
I had better point out, that some of the clubs I represent are of a military bent.

You know what you are?  A plywood shark!

Kaled

I've started a list of attendees in the original post - names in grey are people who've expressed an interest and those in bold are ones who've confirmed their attendence.

So far, no one has got in contact regarding the offer of food I made earlier in the thread.  I'm quite happy for people to make their own arrangements, however I have been told that there's another event on the same day and Bugman's is likely to be busy (up to a 40 minute wait apparently, which is more time than I'd scheduled for lunch!).  We have the option of pre-ordering pizza again like we did for the IGT - a 12" pizza is £6.95 and the choices are Ham and Pineapple, Pepperoni, Meat Feast, Roast Vegetable or Cheese and Tomato.  If we do want to pre-order pizza then I have to get the order in by April 9th at the latest.  Send me a PM if you want to pre-order food.

Heroka Vendile

Well I'm a confirmed attendee, tickets and hotel booked and paid for. Personally not a fan of pizza, so I'll just be getting lunch from the giant Sainsbury's across from the hotel in the morning I suspect.
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

greenstuff_gav

i will be going  ;D
should be bringing BoB, who failed to get out of bed in time for the GT :lol:

pizza i'll pass on; packed lunch for me  ::)
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

MarcoSkoll

I'll be there, short of some complete catastrophe.

... and I'm hoping that I've already used up this year's quota of complete catastrophes and that I'm in the clear until 2011. But I guess I shouldn't have said that, what with Sod's law and all... crap.

No particular plans for lunch yet - I'll work that out when I'm not suffering from lack of sleep.

GW's =I= articles

Brother_Brimstone

Fluff wise, what's the difference between an intimidating and a brutal character? Is it that an intimidating character carries the implicit threat of violence whereas a brutal character is outright violent? I'm trying to work out which Severin would have...