Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

=I= Kroot squad

Started by Kered, January 08, 2010, 04:09:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kered

Hi I posted this on another forum and thought you guys would like to see it.

a few day I received  my =I= kroot it a shiny new box to be my shaper and this is the progress which I will update.   
I have all ready opened it and fixed the legs on after getting rid of all the mold lines.
now what it came with were not what was in the photo on the GW website, originally they had the mutilated kroot and a expansion for it but it seem it's a mix of the two it only has the body and legs from the original and the rest is from the expansion set.

As well as that I have my two converted kroot hounds sorry about the terrible painting.

I will post more soon.

precinctomega

There weren't different legs with the expansion kit.

Just a different head, arms and weapons.  Most people agreed that the original was a sin against nature and should never have existed...

R.

RobSkib

Quote from: precinctomega on January 08, 2010, 04:48:51 PM
Most people agreed that the original was a sin against nature and should never have existed...

Hear hear.

The Kroot rifle-weilding kroot (I refer to it as the vanilla option, even though it came second) is a much better loadout, it just looks so much nicer and hasn't got horribly broken rules accompanying it. You're much better off keeping the head, lacerator and k'nib launcher in the bits box for conversion. Looking at it again, the helmeted head looks like a good starting point for a needle cannon...
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

Kered

Finished the modeling and will start painting, annoyingly I'v just run out of chaos black spray paint. 

here is the finished unpainted model I extended the cloak to cover the right arm (I'm very fond of the ornamental knife) and added the skull on a rope (every one wants one)

I will paint the rifle separately.I never mention anything about legs in the expansion but the original was a mutilated monstrosity, GW really need to update that picture.

Myriad

Interesting.  I got the expansion pack kroot too - which was alot easier to convert how I liked, although the arms are a little short.  I like the extension of the cloak, and the kroot hounds - most fierce looking.
I had better point out, that some of the clubs I represent are of a military bent.

You know what you are?  A plywood shark!

Kered

Started painting today vary pleased with the result on the skin. (I like sharp highlights.)

Scale shot with mini him.

Hounds and their master.

RobSkib

Very cool, I did think however when I first saw it, you'd given him wings! Then I just realised it was the Imperial Eagle in the background - now that's surely a conversion that someone has to do?
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

Adlan

I believe in the Unofficial Kroot Army list there was a Unit of Kroot with Wings, Vultures.

As this is A Kroot Shaper, presumably on the look out for fresh genetics, it is entirely plausible he has a few other genetically different kroot with him, products of his genetic decisions.

Maybe One with Wings, and one with another of the traits, Like Cheamolic skin, or Nocturnal Vision.

Myriad, now I too have a brother on the board. The Vouchers ofr the Kroot were my Christmass present to him, since he converted the 54mm kroot hounds.

Swarbie

Nice work. The hounds are cute.

"Oh, look, a little xenos puppy!! Come here, boy, come he- OH SWEET EMPEROR, MY ARM!!!!!!! GET IT OFF, GET IT OFFFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
And I saw her body burning,
With it, my world
To dust returning

Kered

Update time!

Since he is trekking through old streets and alleys filled with sleet oil and soot I don't think he would stay neon white for long.

Very happy with the leather(It's that orange in real life.)but I thing I will redo the bone it didn't come out very well.
I will probably have some of the squad with genetic traits such as green kroot or vulture but not too many because that would make the shaper slightly redundant, why would they need new trait when they have ten already?

Myriad

Bone is tricky.  I like the dirtier skin tone - gives a good impression of a stealthy hunter, and blends well with the leather.
I had better point out, that some of the clubs I represent are of a military bent.

You know what you are?  A plywood shark!

precinctomega

I agree.  With a decent base, this model will look fabulous on the tabletop.

R.

Adlan

I'm liking the Green stuff mushrooms at the back. A new varient on your sort trademark baseing. Are they on kroot spikes?

kierkegaard

Nice. I also like the mushrooms. I think that the base needs some rubble/sand/grass though.

Vladimir

Love it. Get it based up, and lets see some smexy photos...
But what if the Emperor could be granted a body that does not wither and die, that could be his vessel for all eternity to come? I believe that such a thing is possible, that the Emperor yet waits for his new body to be found or created. In essence, a new Emperor will be created to lead Mankind to i