Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Kryzak's expedition grows...

Started by Kaled, January 19, 2010, 03:41:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaled

Go for it - I look forwards to seeing them.  Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery and all that - in fact I'm currently working on a model very much inspired by one of PO's creations.
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

Kaled

Afternoon all,

This next model has been sat on my shelf in this state for some weeks now while I've been working on the final (for now at least) member of the warband, but with the Spring Conclave approaching I put the last model to one side to build a model for Lord Inquisitor Calleia (who I'll post pics of shortly) - thus I decided that I may as well at least post a work in pogress picture of him.  As you might guess, he's a Biologis Tech-Priest and, like Orla Riall, is intended to serve as an alternate warband leader.

As some of you might guess, he inspired by one of my favourite models in PO's collection...

- Dave

RobSkib

I think the thing I like most about this model is how naturally all the parts seem to fit together - I can place every part (except those things on the end of the mechadendrites, but with another camera angle I could get them - what are they?) but I wouldn't have even thought about putting them together this way. Great stuff! How are you going to paint him?
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

Kaled

Quote from: RobSkib on March 06, 2010, 01:44:07 PM
can place every part (except those things on the end of the mechadendrites, but with another camera angle I could get them - what are they?) but I wouldn't have even thought about putting them together this way.
He's got a hand (from Cherubael) and a tentacle (like on my Enslavers) - I figured a Biologis ought to have biological dendrites.  I was going to add another two, one with an eye and another with a mouth, but they were too much for one figure so I'll save the idea for another model...

Hopefully he'll help show people that even though the Inquisitor range is pretty small, there are still tons of ways to make unique characters just by putting them together in different ways.  An it'd not as if this guy needed a huge degree of skill to convert - just a bit of sculpting to get the legs and torso to fit together.

QuoteHow are you going to paint him?
Probably similar to Robey's - a blue/green medical scrubs colour for the main robes with red detailing.  That's the current plan anyway...

kierkegaard

Very nicely done Dave. I'm glad that you left it at two mechadendrites (four would have looked silly, with all the arms mounted on his back) but I think that it would have been even better with a tentacle and an eyeball rather than a hand. Just my opinion (maybe I just want to see an eyeball on a mechadendrite...) 

Looking forward to seeing it painted.

Kaled

Morning all,

The latest and, for now at least, last model in Kryzak's expedition to the Gaugtel Stars is finally complete.  It took a couple of attempts to get the right blue/green mix for his robe, but I'm happy with how that turned out - and despite the fact that he's mainly a different colour to everyone else in the warband, the red and cog-tooth pattern tie them together pretty well and he doesn't look too out of place on the shelf next to the rest of them.

Tech-Priest Gormax Laekon, Collegia Biologis

- Back -

And, just because for some reason I posted her in a different thread - here's a link to the thread for my Electro-Priestess so everything's in one place;
http://www.the-conclave.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=703.0

- Dave

Swarbie

Wow. Those bio-dendrites look really creepy. I like him very much.
And I saw her body burning,
With it, my world
To dust returning

Myriad

Very nice - I can see you've worked on the tone of the robes.

I like that he looks quite unhealthy, which makes sense really.
I had better point out, that some of the clubs I represent are of a military bent.

You know what you are?  A plywood shark!

kierkegaard

It took you long enough! (I sent you that Tezla head back in January :) )

It was worth the wait though. Excellent work. The contrast between the red and green is fantastic, and I particularly like the ivory coloured wrist guards (or bionics casings, or whatever they are.)

Gestalt

I love that aqua colour ;D, brilliant. Not so sure about the red. I think it needs to be toned down. Great model overall.
"All things have sprung from nothing and are borne forward to infinity."
                                   Blaise Pascal

Kaled

Quote from: kierkegaard on May 09, 2010, 04:38:09 PM
It took you long enough! (I sent you that Tezla head back in January :) )
I know - I'm getting slower I think.  I'll try to do the next one quicker... now to decide who that'll be.  Maybe a navigator, or Ordo Sicarius Inquisitor.  Or first I might re-base this model (which is a shame as I was really proud of how that base came out) as he looks really good next to Calleia so I think he'll join that warband; and also change the sword and head on this model and she can join my existing Ordo Sicarius warband.