Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

RobSkib's mad NPC thread

Started by RobSkib, January 24, 2010, 12:05:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheNephew

Very cool. That thing looks freaking dangerous.
I particularly like the melta coming directly over his head, scorpion style.
My one gripe is that the electro-flail arm looks tiny at the shoulder, in comparison to the rest of the model - I know it's a bare arm sticking our of power armour, but it still unbalances the model a little more than I like. Expanding the shoulder guard to cover it would make it less obvious.

Any news on your Arabian nights cult?

MarcoSkoll

Deliciously insane!

Normally, I'm not a big fan of Tyrus based models (not that they're bad models, but for the most part, Power armour isn't that appropriate on the table), but this one I really like.

I'd echo the comments about the left arm, but other than that, very impressive.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Myriad

Most intimidating.  I like the striking grey, but for a top of the range servitor I'd be tempted by something a bit more ornate.
I had better point out, that some of the clubs I represent are of a military bent.

You know what you are?  A plywood shark!

Hadriel Caine

servitor looks badass. where is the little monk on top of the MM from? I have one in my bits box too but have no idea where I got it. I'd go with the grey on those GKs looks v nice indeed.
The Fall of Astraea
Astrean OOC- feedback thread

\'You have to lie to keep people happy\'

Heroka Vendile

Quote from: Adam Cunis on February 07, 2010, 01:33:57 PM
servitor looks badass. where is the little monk on top of the MM from? I have one in my bits box too but have no idea where I got it. I'd go with the grey on those GKs looks v nice indeed.

Thorian Inquisitors backpack scribe-arm-things.

Great work there Rob.
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

RobSkib

Thanks for the comments all!

I just wrote out some huge badass comment, then firefox crashed and I lost it. Never mind. Not much progress to take pictures of, it's mostly things advancing from 'bits' to 'based', so I'll get pictures of anything that I change. I'm currently working on the three sinbad bodyguards, so hopefully I'll have pictures of those guys over the next few days.

In the mean time, my sitting down guy, now called Guy. I painted him nice and simply - basecoat, wash, highlight with original colour. I've got craploads of these NPCs to do, so I can't afford to spend too much time on one model. It's not a masterpiece, but it's good enough to serve the purpose of representing a grumpy beardy guy sitting in the corner of a room!

An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

Heroka Vendile

It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

Myriad

I had better point out, that some of the clubs I represent are of a military bent.

You know what you are?  A plywood shark!

Simeon Blackstar

The servitor's a tad too busy for me, but the tail is a great idea, and using the elecro-flail as cabling is fantastic.  I'd never have thought of that.

That smoking guy is wonderfully characterful!

RobSkib

*Braaaaaaaaiiiins!*

Yes, it's time to warp up those defibrillators and bring this old thread back from the dead - it's summer time which means unadulterated Inquisitor binging! I'll try and update this thread more than once a blue moon this time as well... ;)

A quick pre-update update - my Ballot servitor and his stoic Praetorian  are fully painted, and I shall be posting pictures of them for those who weren't at the Spring Conclave this year, I just want to touch them up a bit first, I had to rush them to get them done.

Enough pre-update updating!

A while ago I picked up a box of those russian Inquisitor-a-like "Insurgents" from eBay. Aside from the blatant sneak-thiefery of various Inquisitor bits, these models actually stand up quite well with very little modification. Some of the guns are a bit cheesy and sci-fi, but with a liberal application of pliers and 40k bits and bobs (lasgun barrels particularly help) you can get something that looks really good, really easily. Plus, for only £7 for five models, you'd be mad not to pick them up before the legal eagles do!

I've modelled them as generic goons, thugs or whatever else the scenario calls for, so I've tried to avoid putting any one particular alignment anywhere on the models. The sculpts aren't great, with bits overlapping all over the model and the same generic pose (not to mention the silly pancake feet) throughout the 5 guys, but for £7, you can't complain really!

I've tried a different skin painting technique on each one as well, using different foundation paints as a base and washing with different inks etc

And finally, I thought I'd have a bit of fun with the last model - the one that was more like Eisenhorn than the rest of them. His name is Slickback, and he's a space-pimp for want of a better term. He also has an amazing taste in hats...

C&C welcome as always!
                                     +++++++

Shannow

Hahaha that hat is fantastic, totally imagine him in some grimy underhive bar! It also for some odd reason makes me want to model a 40k Baron Samedi....
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

Necris

Do you have a link for those minis Rob
This here is my very favourite gun...I call her rita.

The Order of the Iron Rose - Necris' Inq28 Plog

Hadriel Caine

sheer excellence. I applaud you. they look wicked.
The Fall of Astraea
Astrean OOC- feedback thread

\'You have to lie to keep people happy\'

Heroka Vendile

The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

RobSkib

Cheers for the kind words all!

Hm, it seems that rather than getting shut down, this guy is making a huge business from this! He's adding more and more every time I look. This set has particularly caught me eye - who'd say no to a box of 54mm Valhallans for £6?
                                     +++++++