Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

RobSkib's mad NPC thread

Started by RobSkib, January 24, 2010, 12:05:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adlan

Kinda like the way Slicks Balding patte is slowly loosing hair, halfway to becomming a 'normal' bald cultist.

RobSkib

Quote from: kierkegaard on June 15, 2010, 07:06:02 PMThey look pretty bloody impressive to me.

The camera hides a multitude of sins :) Quite a lot of the models had really gammy buildups of superglue in their crevices, I got the worst off but that's the main reason I havn't taken a picture of the blue guy's back!

Yeah the more I look at him, the more I want to shave all his hair off :/ I painted him first and gave him a sickly appearance like all his hair was falling out, but after painting the other two I just want to get rid of all his hair and give him a nice bulbous bonce.
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

Swarbie

Quote from: Adlan on June 16, 2010, 08:28:55 AM
Kinda like the way Slicks Balding patte is slowly loosing hair, halfway to becomming a 'normal' bald cultist.

Just what I was thinking. Very cool, I really like the skin-tones too.
And I saw her body burning,
With it, my world
To dust returning

RobSkib

Update!

As I've mentioned before, I've been making several Kaede Macks (for my own nefarious purposes, mwahaha), and this one is based off the following image from the Contact cards that Kaled and I put together for the Spring Conclave meet this year;

The model is from Beneito, I can find the name if anyone was interested, but the first thing that struck me was that this guy is HUGE! My Genestealer cultists fit under his left arm with ease, I'll get a scale photo when I've painted him. Not really a problem as humans come in all shapes and sizes, just be warned that Beneito models are of Lumberjack proportions!

Still, it meant that the massively bulky Inquisitor bits fitted perfectly onto him, and he even looks like he could carry that bolt pistol one handed! Not many models can boast that :P

Very much inspired by Blackbeard, I'm a big fan of the "why bother carrying ammo when you can just carry more guns" ethos. Tell me what you think!

+++++++

Alyster Wick

Great looking conversion of the Beneito mini.  Just checked their site out and it looks great, I don't think I'm seen a single place with a more diverse and plentiful 54mm range (albeit many of the models are fairly boring/would require substantial conversion). 

Still, while the historic range may be somewhat lacking (with a few standout pieces) all of the sci-fi and fantasy minis (only 4 total, but they're all 54mm and could fit wonderfully with little conversion.  The Nosferatu would be a fantastic mutant/chaos magos with a quick arms swap.

RobSkib

Yeah I really like the look of "The Gunner", but if the size of Mack is anything to go by, I think he might be too big to be usable  :-\

Update again!

I've spent most of today stripping down old models that don't get to see the light of day any more - models that I'm embarassed to even have in my collection! I've got enough bits to make another 2 or 3, including a spangly new Navigator that I picked up over the weekend, but I'm not sure whether to do anything exciting with him or not.

I'm padding out various NPC's retinues, and I started with one of my favourite models - based off Eolith's gorgeous Selene - Admiral Lucile Ottoman. Up til now she's been fielded with various thugs and junkers, so I thought it was only fair that she gets her own personal bodyguard. I'm planning on having the base as close a match as I can to hers, to tie them visually together.

Repel Boarders!

I've had that preacher joseph gauntlet kicking about in my bits box for as long as I can remember and I've been dying to turn it into a fisty weapon. The knuckledusters are the spiked hand guard from the INQ-scale chain axe, and the ubiquitous 40k Ork arms make yet another appearance. Those things really are a godsend!

Comments and criticisms as always welcome :)
                                     +++++++

Brother_Brimstone

Very nice; really like the kaede mack and this new guy. I especially like the knuckle dusters, gives a really sort of thuggish look that fits perfectly with the facial expression!

Myriad

That is one mean looking dude.  The gauntlet is a tad bulky, but that fits with the models personality perfectly. 

Love the Kade Mack too, laid back but armed to the teeth.
I had better point out, that some of the clubs I represent are of a military bent.

You know what you are?  A plywood shark!

RobSkib

Cheers for the comments!

It's time for another update...

Mack is finished! I tried to go through the whole model without using the colour red, not an easy feat for me, let me tell you. However, whilst I was painting him, I think I may have subconciously based him off a certain machiavellian milkman from Father Ted

And here's a scale shot - as you can see, he stands head and shoulders above two relatively stock Inquisitor models. Mack is not a man to be messed with!

Second up is my final (I heartily doubt this claim, however) Genestealer Cultist to join the club. I've wanted to use the Tyranid Warrior rending claws/auto shotty combo in a conversion ever since I saw a similar mutant in an Inquisitor Sneak-peek all those moons ago. A bit of ProCreate for the bulbous head and job's a good 'un. I'll probably add some pouches and other odds and ends before I start painting him, I'll have a look through my bits box to see what's going spare.

I've fallen in love with ProCreate. I never thought I'd enjoy sculpting as much as I do now that I have ProC sitting on my desk. It's just so much easier than GS to work with, much less elasticity so rather than coercing, pursuading and teasing the shapes you want with GS, you push the putty where you want it to be and it stays put. You can also work with ProC from the moment you mix it, where I found with GS I'd always have to wait 30 minutes or so before I could start working with it, as it was far too sticky to even go near.

And finally, I hacked apart an old Sgt Stone model to try and get some more mileage out of the guardsman model. He's got a funny lean forwards, but I couldn't seem to rectify that without a LOT of resculpting of the torso, which I wasn't particularly keen on. It was also an excuse to use one of the 15 screaming guardsman heads I have in my bits box. How I've accrued so many, I have no idea...

Comments and Criticisms welcome as always!
                                     +++++++

Heroka Vendile

great paintjob as always Rob  :)
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

Shannow

That is an amazing Mack character! Perfectly fits both the general idea and the picture that you used as inspiration, serious kudos and definitely makes me want my own....

Rob
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

kierkegaard

Mack and the bodyguard both look awesome.

I also like the hybrid, but he is going to find it very tricky operating that shotgun with those hands!

The guardsman looks good too. It looks like he has just called in an airstrike/artillery barrage which is landing too close to his position, and he is yelling at the air controller/gunnery commander while ducking an explosion.

RobSkib

Cheers for all the comments guys, muchos appreciado :)

It's time for another update! I recently got a silly amount of bits through, (some pieces I can't even place!) probably enough bits to make about 15-20 models, so I'll take snaps of them as I work my way through my now heaving bits box. First up though, is the fully painted Boson;

A bit boring, but I wanted him to be as simply painted as I could, he's only a goon after all! He's the second member of a new warband I'm putting together, lead by Admiral Lucile Ottoman. The third member is a tech-adept who looks after their ship's inner workings. I'm not 100% on how man and machine interface with each other in the 41st millennium, so I figured there must be individuals who are tasked with the upkeep of more troublesome machine spirits.

I didn't want him to be a combat character, rather an individual whose tools could be used for NOT the manufacturer's intended application :P I liked the idea of him having a huge bulky bionic arm that he uses to interface with the ship's cogitators and perform mundane upkeep tasks, so the model is really a tool with a human attached, what do you think?

Next up is a personal favourite of mine. My friends and I quite often play RPGs such as Fallout 3 and Obivion trying to create the most game-breaking character possible from the get-go, and frequently this ends up with us plugging all our points into Strength and Unarmed Combat. (For those who own Fallout 3 - I heartily recommend this combo - you can punch a deathclaw to death at level 1!) Somewhat relatedly, a couple of arms arrived in this bits order armed with knuckle dusters - These parts are not Inquisitor, my only guess is that they belong to one of the larger Blood Bowl models, but any help placing those bits would be greatly appreciated!

As it happened, the Tyrus legs and Krashrak body were surprisingly accomodating for such massive punchy arms, and when combined with a plastic Ogre Kingdoms head, Cultist Fisto was born! We tried thinking up a more subtle name for him, but I have this feeling that his affectionate nickname will always be what people refer him as ;)

Finally, I also had the most parts to make a Krieger Thrax model - APART from the head and snippy bits, so it was time to break out the bits box! It just so happened that my brother had recently acquired some new Ork killa kan bits, so I chose the snippiest, sliciest blades I could and grafted them to the end of his arms. The power pack was also missing, so a Killa Kan power pack replaced it nicely. There was also something else missing, he just wasn't big enough (hah!), so in the words of PO - "There aren't enough back banners in Inquisitor"

+++++++

Shannow

Some fantastic looking conversions there! I particularly like the use of the Ork Killa kans bits, fit very nicely and look menacing as hell! I also really like the paint job on Boson, I think the clean look lends him a real air of authority, or having to look vaguely respectable because he is employed by someone of authority.

Great stuff!

Rob
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

Molotov

Fisto's arms look to be from a Blood Bowl Ogre - very cool, actually! There's a reference in Henry Zhu's Inquisition book about "fist-fencing" - I'll see if I can find the reference for you later tonight. :)
INQ28 Thread | INQ28 Blog
INQ28, done properly, is at least the equal of its big brother - and Mol is one of the expert proponents of "done properly".
- precinctomega