Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

RobSkib's mad NPC thread

Started by RobSkib, January 24, 2010, 12:05:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobSkib

Okay, so over christmas I briefly had a surge in money, so naturally the best thing next to investing in gold and hollowed out volcanos was to buy more models than I could ever hope to paint. So here goes; RobSkib's patented Mad NPC Thread. These models are brainchilds of my own boredom and bits box, most will never get a character sheet and some won't ever see a game, but gosh darnit, I'll have some pretty painted models! Hopefully with some support from this thread I can summon the muse to actually get some proper painting done.

I recently bought a collection of models from eBay called 1001 Arabian Nights (you can occasionally find repeat lots, but there is none at the moment so no link I'm afraid) which contained all sorts of wonderful NPC oppertunities - dancing ladies, people playing instruments, Sinbad-style guards with long curvy swords and MC Hammer trousers, amazing!

There was so many possibilities I didn't (and still don't) know where to start, so after fiddling with some miscellanous detritus from the bottom of my bitz box and some spare bits of wire I have lying around, I made this shisha-smoking fellow. I can see him sitting in the corner of a smoky opium den, carefully studying the PCs as they enter into the lair of the Blue Lotus....

An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

MarcoSkoll

I demand that he have a hover cushion and floats around the table in a cloud of opium smoke. ;D

Or maybe I'm being silly ;)
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Swarbie

I second Marco's demand. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.
And I saw her body burning,
With it, my world
To dust returning

psycho

loving the pothead mate lol
one question i have however is are these 54mm scale? if so might have to get me some of these :-P

kerby

Molotov

I like the thought of transplanting the Mos Eisley Cantina into the 40k universe! Looking forward to seeing some progress on these guys.
INQ28 Thread | INQ28 Blog
INQ28, done properly, is at least the equal of its big brother - and Mol is one of the expert proponents of "done properly".
- precinctomega

RobSkib

They are indeed! The women are quite slight compared to the 'average' Inquisitor model, but the blokes seem to fit in just fine, and once I've added some shoulderpads and bionics, they'll be perfect 40kers!

I've screengrabbed the pictures off the eBay listing - they're not great, but they're better than the ones I can take at the moment, my daylight bulb is bust. Sadface.

+++++++

Kasthan

Wow, lots of naked ladies. The swordsmen look quite menacing, a good body guard if anyone attacks the bloke on the bed thing.

Uilleam

Nice find, makes me think of a pleasure den that harbours a cult of slaanesh.

RobSkib

As soon as I saw the scantily clad females, I thought "Slaaneshi cult!", however once I actually got the files and the glue out, I decided that 'generic' NPCs would get more game time than a chaos cult.
                                     +++++++

Adlan

All the more fun, as a GM, trick the players into slaughtering innocent civilians, in a duly licensed iho den and brothel.

Mang

No one is innocent. It only remains to find their crimes...

Some interesting models, and a nice simple but effective conversion!

Colonel Marbi Chora

Quote from: Mang on January 26, 2010, 07:06:56 PM
No one is innocent. It only remains to find their crimes...

This quote sums up the Ordo Hereticus quite nicely  :P

Looking cool, the smoker looks like an interesting fellow!

Do you know who produces these minatures?

precinctomega

I suspect they're from the same source as the Atlantis range.  The minis were designed in the late 70s and the moulds then sold on and reproduced, so they are often garage kits made by a variety of manufacturers to varying standards of quality.

R.

RobSkib

*Blows dust off thread*

Okay, I found myself with some excess free time today, so I made with the files and the clippers on an old Tyrus model I'd had kicking around for a while. Before I knew it, he had turned into something all the more interesting. It crossed me as I was pulling out the scariest pieces from my bits box I could find that I hadn't made a servitor before.

He's supposed to be an ultra-rare, super-expensive line of servitors for high-ranking Inquisitorial agents and important facilities, hence the extravagance! I'm stuck for how to paint him though, I thought a colour scheme like Tyrus' armour might be good, or perhaps a striking grey, much like how I've painted these Grey Knight terminators. What do you guys think?

+++++++

Alyster Wick

You're absolutely insane.  Brilliant use of acro arms and defiler bits.  I would personally go for a subdued black with some parts highlighted with the standard mechanicus red.  I would never want to be on that thing's bad side.