Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Dead Eagle Blues - OOC

Started by Kallidor, January 24, 2010, 02:13:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kallidor

QuoteIf you ever manage to get to the saved old version I would love to read them.

I think Koval has got the first and second Silver Heresy so you could ask him for those but I don't know about the first RP as a big chunk of that was lost during the big server crash. I had a lot of fun doing those RPs although who knows what they would be like to read but it's a shame that it's all just gone.

QuoteI particularly liked this line;

Thanks for that, it was the only way I could think to explain the relationships. Depending on the source you can have daemons created from thoughts and feelings or as simply mini versions of a Chaos God which the God can create at whim. I like the idea of the Gods being some other than just very powerful daemons, going back to the old idea of them as massive warp storms of raging emotion but I like the idea of them being more inchoate than that.

I also like the idea of there being more independant daemons. For instance if a violent thought gives rise to a warp entity, if it is weak it simply is drawn into Khorne, if it is more powerful it can survive as an entity in its own right which may or may not align itself to Khorne. But what about thoughts and emotions not so easily tied to one of the Chaos Gods? I imagine that those daemons are independant entities.

I suppose that was how I came up with some of my own ideas for the Carrion Lord during a Warseer discussion about whether or not the Emperor gained power from faith like the Chaos Gods. My conclusion is that He doesn't, as He isn't a warp entity but all of those collective thoughts have to go somewhere don't they. There's a lot you can do with Chaos and the warp beyond the usual Kill! Maim! Burn! attitude I think.
Be Pure!
Be Vigilant!
BEHAVE!

Kallidor

Some more musings and the next step in the story.
Be Pure!
Be Vigilant!
BEHAVE!

Shannow

I like the return to 'his love', the depth of the previous posts had all but wiped her from my mind, and it is nice that she as a key element of the narrative has not been forgotten.

Quote from: Kallidor on September 11, 2010, 04:18:02 AM

For instance the physiology of a psyker produces a soul with a greatly inflated soul compared to the soul of a non-psychic being.

This sounds a little off to me, too many souls? Very pedantic but I pick only as you are usually flawless in your editing :P

On the other end of the spectrum. I particularly like this line, just a brilliant description of demon formation

Quote from: Kallidor on September 11, 2010, 04:18:02 AM

Daemons as I have said are emotions or thoughts or feelings given life in the warp, they are the renegade soul fragments of mortals

Great stuff once again.

Rob
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

Kallidor

Yuck, you're right I hadn't noticed that and repetition is something I really don't like so I'll get that sorted out.

The last few posts have sparked a few ideas I'd never thought of before. I've said it before, and long after it had occured to me I read a similar train of thought that an author working for Games Workshop had had, back when they were only just experimenting with novels, that great unconscious forces seem to be at work going over all these ideas and then when I start typing they just appear on the screen, totally without any input or effort from 'me'. I may well have typed them up but I can hardly claim credit.
Be Pure!
Be Vigilant!
BEHAVE!

Shannow

Well fixed with that sentence.

With regards to not taking credit, you would be surprised at the complexity and importance that the human subconscious holds with regards to even the most complex human conscious actions (I am a neuroscientist, woo double geek!); the depth of processing that occurs subconsciously even with regards to abstract concepts is truly staggering and even more so when you factor in simple mundane processes like walking.

Anyway you do yourself a discredit sir!

Tallyho
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

Kallidor

The worst thing for me is that those processess continue to work often long after I have forgotten what it was I was trying to work out or remember and then at the most inappropriate moments I have an 'ah, yeah, that's what it was! moment followed by a 'what the hell did I want to know that for?' Sometimes those processes even turn me off for a while, afterall, trying to live your life isn't half as important as recalling some obscure piece of background  :P I'm just waiting for someone to make some working bionic augmentations for the brain. Enough of my silliness anyway.
Be Pure!
Be Vigilant!
BEHAVE!

Shannow

I love the description of Caralinus consuming the traitor souls, beautiful and disturbing in equal measure.

Time to die.

Kallidor

Thanks. The whole passage was a little rushed because I just wanted to do something and move the story on a little.

If you haven't read it (Emperor's Mercy) then this will be somewhat of a spolier but there is a scene where the Inquisitor is astral projecting, or some such thing, and he flies over the Chaos army and sees the ghosts of the people murdered by the Iron Clad following and trailing behind them. I wasn't thinking of that speciffically as I typed but I imagine that Caralinus is a little like one of those spirits with the exception that he can be seen where normally a ghost cannot. Really he's floating in the Warp, just very near to the barrier to the material world.

I had some thoughts the other day about the Warp and emotions and what not but I won't drone on here, save that for a later post.
Be Pure!
Be Vigilant!
BEHAVE!

Baraltax

Haven't been here for some time, but I had to check Dead Eagle Blues. Turns out there's a whole range of new developments and the bit I read before was just a pleasant introduction. Very nice work, although reading OOC has helped me to put the IC in the right perspectives.
What I like is the unusual topic and the very different point of view you take of it, narrative-wise. There's little to no larger framework or setting to hitch the story on, limiting the tale to the I person, and apparantly linking it with previous characters and stories. Not sure if I miss that, or if it makes the story what it is: dark, threatening, sinister with a phylosofic inteligence to it.
Good read!

Kallidor

Thank you   :)

I suppose in some ways it's a little restricted, only having the story explained by one person, what the other characters think or feel or what motivates them can only be understood if he happens to observe it and then it's only hs opinion. I quite like it though, it makes me think about the story in a different way. With sounding overblown I suppose you get to see the story rather than just be told the story.

I'm just glad you've enjoyed it/been entertained by it.

Not being able to use the other characters in the normal way does mean that the background isn't really there for them so it does seem as if they've just been thrown in very chaotically; maybe that's a good thing considering. Then again, with the single person perspective this is how it would be, if you found yourself in a situation you wouldn't have an omnipotent view of events, you wouldn't know the minutiae of other people's lives and history, you would only know what you saw and heard.
Be Pure!
Be Vigilant!
BEHAVE!

Shannow

Again I really enjoyed the last post, the manner of writing it seemed to echo the bizarre yet mundane nature comment made late on, with the detail of their position to the fire feeling somehow like a vital detail building flesh of the scene. You are very good at using adjectives without saturating the narrative with them I feel.

Having said that I personally don't like 'Lets do this' end line,,, just a bit to hollywood-esque, but that really is over the top nit picking on my half.

As always, eagerly await the next instalment.

Time to die.

Kallidor

I'll be honest, I accidentily ended up hitting the back button (when you're using a rather snazzy keyboard that you found and therefore do not know what all the wierd butons do, don't randomly press them while typing out a post) and losing everything I had written, roughly half of the final post, and I got bored and that's why I gave him the corny line, so I could just finish. I make no apologies  :P  ;)
Be Pure!
Be Vigilant!
BEHAVE!