Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Where Darkness Dwells OOC - still recruiting...

Started by Dosdamt, August 04, 2009, 04:50:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magos Exarratus

I'm not entirely pleased with that post but when I tried rewriting it when I was half way through I couldn't do it without first person so I continued the one which is up. Now that's some needless information for you all. If you're wondering why the Brown Melling thing is so weird, that's because I couldn't find Melling's name then did and then decided to use both Brown and Melling as it made sense and fitted with my general plan. Officially however, it's because of the electronic/magnetic data-banks in the back of Melling's head and his weird souped up body. I mean, if you had some crazy cool body and stored information for other people, you'd be weird as well.

Also, so more trivia for anyone who's interested, Gr. is a title like Mr but different, and is the general one, whereas Sr. is the one used for sales-men and people in the retail business. There are many others as well, which can be quite confusing, especially for a Big Issue seller, do you address them as a hobo (there is a title for that in that particular country on that particular planet) or as someone in the retail business.

Van Helser

A quick wee introduction to the character I'm bringing to the party, Inquisitor Ivan Carntyne, Ordo Malleus Venixian.

Left a couple of hooks in there for you to drag him into the piece Ben - either through Thackery or Misery.  Opposite ends of the social spectrum to aim at!

Looking forward to collaborating with you all - it's been too long since I was involved in an IC RP.  Let's just hope I can keep pace...

Ruaridh

MarcoSkoll

It's a while since I last caught up with WDD, but if you give me a chance to refresh my memory of the early plot and get back up to speed, I've got an Inquisitrix I'd enjoy the chance to roleplay.

If you want me on-board, I think I should be able to find the time for it.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Macabre

Job interview today. Will have the post finalised and up by tomorrow.
++Believe the lie. Trust no one++

Kursk

Hi all, I'm Kursk/Sam. Those of you from the old Conclave might remember me as Inquisitor Lissen - I did a few roleplays as an Inquisitor name Iuri Kursk. Those of you on the Mind will know me as Doctor Frenchy.

Ben's asked me to come back to RPing to be involved in this, so I thought I'd drop in and say hi. Once he and I come to some agreement about what sort of character I'll be using, I'll introduce them here.

Inquisitor Sargoth

:o

Frenchy.... here?

A most exciting development indeed!
One More Hit - A tale of addiction.

Dosdamt

Hi guys,

Ok, update from me

Rob / Macabre has said to me he's been having a wee bit of a disaster, so his post will be late incoming

TheNephew - you should have an email from gmail

Frenchy - got your email, reply due

Stu - got your email, reply due

All - post will be incoming this week. I'll get onto it this week and move everyone along, intro everyone.

Hopefully, I still have 2 surprises to pull out of the hat in the next fortnight. Watch the OOC space....

Also - Marco, fire me a character concept, and we'll discuss

-Ben
It is never too late! - Mentirius

http://thementalmarine.proboards.com/index.cgi <- The Mind, for all your irreverent nonsense needs

TheNephew

Evening.
As it turns out, the Real Life TM that prevented me from getting around to posting was less catastrophic than expected, since I have most of a pre-prepared post to work with already.
This post represents a sad little coffee break from fixing the next Stobek post, which should be up before y'all get home from work tomorrow.
As always, whine if there're any glaring inconsistencies or stupid mistakes.

Edit: It's up.
Details of the upcoming operation on the station remain unspecified, pending further instruction.

Dosdamt

All,

I did set a hard deadline of Friday for a post from me.

However, due to Rob not yet posting, and a last minute work event / washing machine breakdown happening, I need to do other things tonight, other than finish my post. The post is on the way, and I'll be moving everyone along one step.

EDIT

@MarcoSkoll - are you still interested? Drop me a line at ben.hulston(at)gmail.com for a chat.... I also added you on MSN (warriorz11(at)hotmail.com)

-Ben

http://thementalmarine.proboards.com/index.cgi <- The Mind, for all your irreverent nonsense needs

MarcoSkoll

Apologies, I got hit with a demand on my time and catching up with RPs slipped my mind.

I am still interested, but it's going to take me a while to get sorted, not least because I realised that my notes on Inquisitrix Rhodes are an incoherent mess. To turn the "fun" all the way up to eleven, it turns out that for some reason I elected to not write them in a sensible language like English...

I don't make my life easy. But what's life without challenges?

~~~~~

I should note that I seldom ever use MSN accounts other than my "private" one, which I use only for people I know in person, and know well. (I prefer some separation of my real life and my online life.)
I keep forgetting to log onto the others.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Macabre

I've had a breakthrough, my current post stands at seven pages long, and I just have another four or five to go...I'll have it up for Sunday. But for now, sleep as I have been writing all night.....

Dosdamt

Just a quick update. I've started my post - currently running at 1500 words - and I've put in the last of the reveals, for now, about the overarching plot. Almost everything else I post now will be pure driving posts to move things forward, so it should mean the end of the slow start - at least for posts from me - and that things will tick over.

@Marco - Sure, no worries.

@Macabre - ... Keep going!

Hopefully I will get posted by the end of the week.

-Ben

Macabre

Macabre....has just been cut off from the internet due to a clerical error that may take up to a week to sort out....(when it bloody rains it pours) and is having to use the Library computer when he is town....

Posting tomorrow....(when I have the forethought to bring my datastick with me)

TheNephew

Dropped another largely inconsequential post.

Foreshadowing, just on the off chance that it ever becomes useful to have a pre-prepared shellshocked wanderer in the station, or for Gnomen to be mildly psychic, or mad, or some combination thereof.

If anyone wants to lay claim to the broadcasting walker, then feel free - I have no further ideas for him/her as of yet, except that it is probably human, a resident of the station, and presumably [almost literally] scared witless. With the tiniest of psychic talent.

I was going to have them witness the exchange between Maya and the daemon, but I figured for the moment there was no need for specifics.

Anyway, more people should more post.

Dosdamt

Hi all,

My post is up to about 3.5k words now, but it's getting close to conclusion

Should be here during the next week.