Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Another 28mm project

Started by Totenkopf, February 04, 2010, 04:44:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Molotov

I like the look of the menials in orange, and I think that your Dark Mechanicus menials wearing the same jumpsuits works well. It allows you to use your evil retinue as a "dark reflection" of your good retinue! It'll be nice to see some of the intrigues in the Mechanicus.

INQ28 Thread | INQ28 Blog
INQ28, done properly, is at least the equal of its big brother - and Mol is one of the expert proponents of "done properly".
- precinctomega

DapperAnarchist

It also hints at possibilities that the Dark and Imperial factions are not so far apart, perhaps even taking menials from the same populations...
Questions are a burden to others, answers a burden to oneself.

The Keltani Subsector  My P&M Thread - Most recent, INQ28!

O_o

where are the  heads from... I think I have seen them  before  just  cant  recall where

precinctomega

Totenkopf

Well, I knocked this up to go with the menials scheme:

And here is that centaur tech-priest/sagittarius

I would like to give him some kind of heavy weapon attachment, but am not sure how to do so... Anyone have any ideas? Maybe a lance like lascannon thingy :/

Those aside, here is a pic of the guardian.

I am just waiting on parts to come back into stock, then I can finish off the arms.

A question to those who know more about 54mm parts, can you still get the imperial guardsman parts set? I mean the one with the extra heads, weapon swaps etc.

Alyster Wick

Those are some amazing minis, a true testament to what is possible with some care.  I'm excited to see where you go with that guardian.

Also, not sure about the lance heavy weapon on the centaur.  It looks great but very front loaded at the moment.  You could put some sort of rig on the hind-quarters to balance it out.  Perhaps some kind of tank.  I'm envisioning a set up that looks like it's delivering fluids to his living parts.  Either way, an imaginative piece.

Adlan

I think the centaur dosn't need a lascannon, it looks very nice right now, classically blanchian 40k. A Lascannon would be both on of the flaws of 28mm Inquisitor, being very powerful in game, and I can't see any real reason for the mechanicus adept to have one.

Some Mechandrites coming from his sleeve instead of the other arm.... Now that would be cool.

DapperAnarchist

How about some sort of axe?

Or... A familiar. A Haemoncolyte, sitting on his back, connected through his arm, by tubing...
Questions are a burden to others, answers a burden to oneself.

The Keltani Subsector  My P&M Thread - Most recent, INQ28!

precinctomega

This is what Inq28 should be all about.  That sagittarius is just wonderful.  Now, I recognize the horse body, but could you remind me where it's from?

R.

Ferran

Totenkopf

QuoteI think the centaur dosn't need a lascannon, it looks very nice right now, classically blanchian 40k. A Lascannon would be both on of the flaws of 28mm Inquisitor, being very powerful in game, and I can't see any real reason for the mechanicus adept to have one.

A sagittarius is a four legged heavy support platform (equine in appearance) for the Skitarii legions. They are meant to carry heavy weapons on the front line, combining rapid movement with a solid punch. I could make him a sagittari tribune, but that would only make him of any use in concert with other sagittari to allow for concentrated and more accurate fire.

QuoteNow, I recognize the horse body, but could you remind me where it's from?

It is from a Cryx Soulhunter. I saw the model and thought 'that is the part I need'  ;D

Radu Lykan

for the centaurs other arm may i suggest a shock sword, looks wise something like a long gladius in place of his forearm. rules wise reach 3 sword with the shock ability.
not as powerful as a power weapon or lascannon but enough to hit hard in close combat if needed. some small mechadendrites(sp?) coming out of his chest like nid flesh hooks would look good as well.
to balance out the front heavy model some sort of baggage on the horse parts might be good. possibly some sort of viral code emitter might provide something interesting for games.