Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Inquisitor Marco Robert Skoll

Started by MarcoSkoll, February 28, 2010, 06:51:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inquisitor Cade

Wyrd powers are a topic for another thread, but if a wyrd is more than just a psyker with lots of control then I don't understand what. They seem to me to be more in the vein of X-men powers, which is not a direction I think that 40k needs to go.

I'd have thought that most stormtroopers, assuming they aren't killed off, would continue to serve until they were 60 odd. Weather all of them would qualify for rejuve I don't know, but they come from the same crop as officers and commissars, who regularly get to serve for potentially hundreds of years. Again though, Not a disscussion for here. I'll go and find Kai's topic again and see what he was like compared to Silva.
*Insert token witticism*

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: Inquisitor Cade on March 07, 2010, 12:28:57 PMI'd have thought that most stormtroopers, assuming they aren't killed off, would continue to serve until they were 60 odd.
I'd have said 50 something was probably as far as you'd retain the necessary fitness without rejuve, and even that might be optimistic.
And quite a lot of them wouldn't make it that far. 40k warfare is of course much more heavily attrition based than our own.

Is it that much to expect that a warrior of 20 years who's survived without all the weapons and equipment, and indeed the backup of the rest of a similarly equipped and skilled squad, could be of a similar skill level to a Storm Trooper?
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Inquisitor Cade

I suppose not, but then again, Kai is a veteran too, and a sormtrooper, so I'd have though he would gain skill as well, keeping ahead so to speak.
*Insert token witticism*