Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

The War of Shadows OOC

Started by Necris, March 01, 2010, 10:18:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Koval

Quick question, is the daemon prince roughly bipedal and of humanoid shape if not stature?

...because I have a nice little movie-Marine thing lined up for either one of Ottakar or Fabio when it goes down...

Swarbie

Aye. Two arms and two legs. Mind, those arms do end in massive claws.

Also, it doesn't matter if Fabio is severely wounded. I've just had a little idea concerning that locket of his . . .
And I saw her body burning,
With it, my world
To dust returning

MarcoSkoll

Don't be silly, the grenade is obviously not a dud. Not only has Lyra CLEARLY taken a pause for breath action to check the grenade and make sure she's not getting a risky action this turn, part of her "Pure Luck" skill means she gets to ignore the first 1 rolled on her dice for the purpose of risky actions anyway. :P

Anyway, if it should happen that someone else beats me to writing something "cool" for the effect, Lyra's plan is to get the throw between Fabio and the daemon, and send them flying in different directions... although whether she gets the throw quite right is yet to be seen.
It shouldn't injure Fabio... the actual effects of being in the "blast" are non-lethal, although it would certainly hurt if it propelled him into something solid. (In the same way that falling is not lethal. Stopping suddenly is.)

The other potentially lethal side effect is that, like conventional gravity, heavy things accelerate with as much vigour as lighter things, so it pays to be VERY careful that you're not throwing it near an unsecured heavy object , because said object will become just as airborne... its mass no more secures it than it would for a lighter object.

Yes. I have thought about this a lot.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Swarbie

Hey, we could use Ottakar as a human bullet  :P

Naah, only joking. 

Like I said, don't be afraid to injure Fabio. That locket is really old. One of his family's legends is that the elves gave it to one of his ancestors. Who knows what it might do (besides being a sentimental ornament that is made of silver)
With it, my world
To dust returning

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: Swarbie on August 15, 2010, 11:17:38 AMHey, we could use Ottakar as a human bullet
That would actually be quite lethal...

Oh yeah, the OTHER thing not to do is not to throw the grenade directly under anybody you want to keep alive. While they'll survive the sudden vertical acceleration, they will come back down again.

GW's =I= articles

Swarbie

Hmmm, yes. My little plan might save Fabio from a daemon-claw across the chest, but I don't think it would work if he was effectively pulped by a huge fall. If it did, it would really, REALLY hurt.
With it, my world
To dust returning

MarcoSkoll

I've written the grenade throw... someone else can describe the aftermath.

Did the daemon get thrown? Did the grenade go off soon enough to save Fabio from the daemon's pounce? And most importantly, where's my lunch?

GW's =I= articles

Swarbie

I'd make you a sandwich, but I think it'd go off before it got to you.

EDIT: Well, I added in the result for Fabio. Maybe a little over the top, but such is the 42nd millenium.

Someone help him. Please.
With it, my world
To dust returning

MarcoSkoll

Well, Maya is going to try and help. She's not exactly much of a medic though, especially while her power is exhausted.

As for Maya's staff... well, it is a powerful psychic locus and, if needs be, it can be used as a form of force weapon. Perhaps Jeremiah will be able to use it to help finish the daemon.

GW's =I= articles

Koval

Apparently, the events which have transpired since going out this morning have sorta left my daemon-killing idea rather out in the cold, unless it survives the flying force staff.

It did, as it happens, sorta involve using Ottakar as a human cannonball, but he'd need a hell of a boost and with Maya apparently staff-less, bye-bye psi-focus, bye-bye kill.

MarcoSkoll

Well, Maya's power is exhausted as a result of overstretching herself with veiling Fabio - she's not reliant on her staff for her powers (although it certainly helps).
If you just need a psi-focus, then you might be able to blag it off Jeremiah. If you need Maya's power... well, she might be able to manage something. And if you need both, then Ottakar could I suppose grab the staff instead of Jeremiah and chase after Maya.

That said, I'm not exactly sure how she would "boost" Ottakar anyway. She doesn't have that kind of telekinetic power (it's called microtelekinesis for a reason). A huge pyrokinetic explosion*?
*Which, given how crude a use of her power it would be (compared to bending trillions of photons and air particles in a very precise manner at the same time as maintaining a telepathic distraction, everything is crude)... well, I'd say she could probably have a go.

Ultimately, Ottakar is an Inquisitor. If he thinks his idea for killing it will work better, then him taking the initiative and going for it his way is perfectly likely.

GW's =I= articles

Koval

Will send a PM entailing exactly what I had planned. It only related to actually killing the daemon, though, not how Ottakar's actually going to get there.

MarcoSkoll

Don't know if you'll get to it in time, but I've PMed a possible way to solve that. I have to walk the dog soon now, so I can't write it, but I think it would work.

GW's =I= articles

Koval

Postage. Cookie for the first person (not Marco, as he knows about it) who works out where I stole that kill from.

If in fact it's not a Slaaneshi Prince, then I'll edit my post accordingly.

MarcoSkoll

Necris, I'd note that Lyra is still up on the walls, helping drive off what remains of this wave of the attack.

It's Maya who was over with Fabio.

GW's =I= articles