Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

The War of Shadows OOC

Started by Necris, March 01, 2010, 10:18:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kallidor

Just caught up on the last few posts and I only have one question: what the hell is going on?  :P
Be Pure!
Be Vigilant!
BEHAVE!

MarcoSkoll

Jeremiah has just punched a PDF general, Lyra is holding him at gunpoint because of that, Maya and Ottakar have just made a hole in a "fake" wall inside the bunker (I had originally thought about the possibility of it leading to a tunnel network, but whether or not it does is up to the story) and everyone else is panicking about the daemon prince about to show up at the front door.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Kallidor

Thanks for the clarification, it just seemed like everyone had gone mad for no reason. Well Mol is out the back rigging a Chimera for when the daemon turns up so he won't know about the ruckus going on inside and none of his people have the authority to interfere unless anyone wants them to and the skitarii are expendable enough to send through the hole in the wall.
Be Pure!
Be Vigilant!
BEHAVE!

Koval

Quote from: MarcoSkoll on June 10, 2010, 01:34:30 AM
Koval - in response to what Ottakar is saying, I haven't given Maya a final value for her age yet, but it's likely to be mid-twenties to early-thirties.
Coincidentally the Clarence he mentions is 105, so, 3-4x Maya's age wouldn't be far off.

He's not wrong, by the way; sparks would fly between them, and not just because he's even randier than Gideon, though it's incredibly likely the "sparks" would in fact be much bigger and more destructive. I get the feeling Maya doesn't like men very much.

MarcoSkoll

Anyway, a brief addition from Lyra. What she says isn't QUITE true - there are a couple of people she might tolerate doing that kind of thing, but she knows them a hell of a lot better than she does Jeremiah.

Quote from: Koval on June 10, 2010, 08:31:30 AMI get the feeling Maya doesn't like men very much.
Depends on her mood and the man in question. Today, she's having a very bad day and if you combine that with her empathic powers allowing her to easily see through insincerity, she's not going to be particularly sociable if some randy old git comes over.

On a better day, and around men whose every second thought isn't about trying to get into her - uh... I would say trousers, but she doesn't normally wear them. Ah, whatever. You know what I mean - she's normally fine.
But she is somewhat jaded towards men in general*. And let me stress this here - unlike some writers, when I say that, it does not mean "she's moved on to women". It's more appropriate to describe her as asexual.

*She doesn't dress the way she does because she wants to appear sexually attractive, but because it's part of her deliberately portraying herself in a way where people will dismiss her as less likely to be a threat.

GW's =I= articles

MarcoSkoll

... Um. While I'm not usually going to complain about other people's interpretations of my characters, I think I do have to comment on that post Necris.

Kai isn't the type to wade in when Lyra's backed off (even if she's only backed off slightly). His rank of sergeant isn't just arbitrary - like a sergeant in the military, he'll use his own initiative at times, but he is still ultimately a subordinate expected to follow with what the higher-ups want. And in this case, that means not picking up fights Lyra has left.

Secondly, Jeremiah's former experience or not, Kai is still a slab of muscle with extensive experience in close quarters. Even for those with biomancy enhanced strength, he's not quite that easily pushed around.

Lastly, and most importantly - if Jeremiah had assaulted Kai immediately after Lyra had just warned him about the antihero act, then there would now be a firefight* going on.
As that's probably not an outcome particularly conducive to the continuation of this story, I think I'm going to have to ask you to omit (or at least rewrite**) the altercation between Kai and Jeremiah.

* I say firefight, rather than gunfight, as any fight Maya contributes to is usually rather dominated by fire.

** Kai is not likely to actively start a confrontation (unintentional or misunderstandings are possible). The only real exception is if he thinks you're about to inflict harm upon Lyra, in which case, there would be no hesitation, and you'd probably get a fight anyway.
And as I say, if Jeremiah actually does anything to earn much further ire from Lyra (assaulting her staff included), then that's another way to start a fight.

GW's =I= articles

Necris

This here is my very favourite gun...I call her rita.

The Order of the Iron Rose - Necris' Inq28 Plog

Koval

Postage. We still need to work out what's behind that wall, but my guess is, it's a tunnel to some secret heretical stash of weird and not-so-wonderful goodies.

Necris

or maybe a secret meeting chamber filled with more evidence

This here is my very favourite gun...I call her rita.

The Order of the Iron Rose - Necris' Inq28 Plog

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: Necris on June 15, 2010, 07:49:46 AMThere hopefully edited
Yeah, that works. As it was, while Lyra is reasonably forgiving, that would have been a bit too much.

When she's really wound up, restraint is not one of her virtues. And that's why there's an impending explosion.

GW's =I= articles

Swarbie

Fabio decides that finding a mook of sorts is the best plan for exploring the tunnel. Preferably a heavily-augmented, well-armed mook, such as one of Czernarvok's skitarri, but a cook or scribe would function just as well, I suppose.
And I saw her body burning,
With it, my world
To dust returning

Kallidor

There are three Skitarii (I think I said three anyway) so one of them is free to go along.
Be Pure!
Be Vigilant!
BEHAVE!

Zephon

Hm. It's short, and doesn't actually include any of my characters. I think I'll edit it shortly. Also, while checking back, I realised that one of the three Skitarii was chopped up by a Bloodletter, so there are only two.

Edit: Well, I've added a gizmo, fixed the spelling and done a bit that tidies up Wyebold's staff. Bit of a stretch on 'shortly', though.

MarcoSkoll

Post that gets in a bit more about the underground room before we get tied up in a meeting/discussion/argument.

With regards to the meeting/discussion/argument, Lyra is likely to still make the point that what Gerhan believes and what is true are not necessarily the same.
As well as, if it really is true, do they really want to turn on the device and have a potentially heavily armed dropship turn up?

(Of course, someone else could well make these points first, but Lyra would say them if no-one else got there ahead of her.)

EDIT: Huh, seems this is my 1000th post. (Although I don't think post count includes the IC section). I dread to think what having 1000 posts on a forum about playing make-believe with toy soldiers says about me.

GW's =I= articles

Kallidor

I had over 5000 posts on the old 'Clave so I wouldn't worry too much. It's only when you consider that you've written millions of words that it makes you really think.

This whole situation is going to be somewhat of a suprise for Molovich, I don't think he even knows about the interrogation since, as I recall, he went outside before all the fracas happened. I reckon if Mol had been there on his own he would have activated the beacon ages ago.
Be Pure!
Be Vigilant!
BEHAVE!