Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

The War of Shadows OOC

Started by Necris, March 01, 2010, 10:18:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Koval

Gideon does indeed have a tendency to get around.

As for the telepathy stuff, I suppose guys like this one need to learn to use toxins that kill off brain matter, or to render their brains unusable by some other means... then again, generic low-end villain types are a bit short on sense by definition.

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: Koval on March 16, 2010, 03:53:41 PM... or to render their brains unusable by some other means.
An explosive charge implanted in the brain would do the trick. Not going to be much that a telepath could do with that kind of mess.

Quotethen again, generic low-end villain types are a bit short on sense by definition.
Indeed. That said, it probably wouldn't occur to even those slightly more blessed with sense - psykers aren't exactly plentiful.
However, when going into an Inquisition fortress likely to be well populated with telepaths, the distinction between clinical and brain death becomes a little more important.

Still, I suppose it got him out of being tortured to death.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Koval

Quote from: MarcoSkoll on March 16, 2010, 08:20:28 PM
Quotethen again, generic low-end villain types are a bit short on sense by definition.
Indeed. That said, it probably wouldn't occur to even those slightly more blessed with sense - psykers aren't exactly plentiful.
However, when going into an Inquisition fortress likely to be well populated with telepaths, the distinction between clinical and brain death becomes a little more important.
You could argue that he was braindead to begin with, or at least stupid enough to qualify.

Swarbie

And I saw her body burning,
With it, my world
To dust returning

Koval

Yay, cosmic horrors. As soon as they manifest Gideon's probably gonna pass Grant the biggest gun left (Probably a bolt pistol) and run off to hide somewhere.

Out of the two, Grant has never fought more than one or two daemons at a time (usually the lowest-level sentient that can communicate with its summoner, so for example a Bloodletter). Gideon on the other hand has encountered daemons on three separate occasions, one of which entailed a full-blown planetary invasion (incidentally, planet Adin is now uninhabitable on account of being, well, Mordor without an atmosphere), and as a consequence he isn't all that enthusiastic about fighting them unless he absolutely has to. He therefore respects, and is scared witless of, any and all Ordo Malleus operatives... something Glosche may be able to use to his advantage later on, as it happens.

Necris

just some little screamers streaking through the sky

they can be explained away as xenos

move along nothing to see here
This here is my very favourite gun...I call her rita.

The Order of the Iron Rose - Necris' Inq28 Plog

Kallidor

If that wasn't quite what you wanted the beacon to be for Necris send me a PM and I can ammend that post.
Be Pure!
Be Vigilant!
BEHAVE!

Necris

nope it's good you got the idea the transponder was placed as an emergency escape plan, a drop ship awaits the beacons signal...

what comes with it.....

This here is my very favourite gun...I call her rita.

The Order of the Iron Rose - Necris' Inq28 Plog

MarcoSkoll

Might as well get the killing started - whichever way around the killing is going to happen.

I originally wrote more of that post, but cut it back to leave more of a cliffhanger for someone else to jump onto.

~~~~~

As you may have noticed, I'm doing a bit of exploration with Maya's powers.

I hadn't originally given her the Fireball psychic power on her tabletop profile, but she's meant to have powers based around low-level telepathy, micro telekinesis and pyrokinetics - while her powers are often a mix of the different disciplines, there's no reason she couldn't just hurl fire at the enemy, given the relatively moderate skill and control it would take compared to the other things she's capable of.

She has more powers on her character sheet than when I started this RP, I can tell you.

GW's =I= articles

Koval

Postage. Swarb, I expanded on your mention of close quarters fighting and had something manifest near you and Grant.

by the way, prepare for incoming brown stuff if you court-martial Gideon for running off -- Grant is literally the only person in this RP aside from Gideon himself who knows why daemons terrify him.

Swarbie

Fabio kicks the arse of an unaligned lesser daemon, in a reference to the Destroy Daemon power from the daemonhunter's codex.
With it, my world
To dust returning

Zephon

Right, I'm going to not be here this weekend. Wyebold still intends to run for the bunker and try to coordinate things from there

MarcoSkoll

Episode synopsis: Lyra speaks in Latin* & tries to make a badass one Liner, Kai shows why Lyra keeps him around, and Maya rants at a daemon.

*Probably very bad Latin, given that I can't actually speak it.

GW's =I= articles

Swarbie

Okay. Things are not looking too good for Fabio. And everyone else, if that Bloodletter drops him and Grant doesn't take it out.

Let's hope he makes it.
With it, my world
To dust returning

Koval

I'll post something in the morning; exactly why I'm still up at 2am, I don't know...