Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

The War of Shadows OOC

Started by Necris, March 01, 2010, 10:18:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Necris

My apologies I've not been getting much free time of late, work is leaving me very washed out 
This here is my very favourite gun...I call her rita.

The Order of the Iron Rose - Necris' Inq28 Plog

Koval

I've not been posting much myself because, frankly, there isn't a lot for Ottakar to actually do around here at the moment. Filler with Gideon isn't high on the agenda.

Necris

I think we might be heading back out.

Jeremiah wants to activate the transponder and others might want to activate it too

MarcoSkoll

... and Lyra is rather adamant that she doesn't want it turned on.

Not that she's scared... well, I suppose she is, but that's because she's been doing this long enough to know that turning on unknown pieces of enemy equipment is not usually a good idea.

Also, it is forbidden to tell Lyra anything along the lines of "This. Is. SPARTA!", even if she did assess the idea of turning the beacon on as "madness".
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Koval

Quote from: MarcoSkoll on May 11, 2010, 04:34:55 PM
Also, it is forbidden to tell Lyra anything along the lines of "This. Is. SPARTA!", even if she did assess the idea of turning the beacon on as "madness".
Can we tell her this or this instead?

MarcoSkoll

No. Mostly because I've swapped it out with something that reinforces Lyra's unusual curse of choice "shaft".

Although that does remind me, I do need to add in more Pink Floyd references. I'm not sure I've used any in this RP yet.
And that's very poor form on my part - I had one in the first hundred words I wrote for "After Hours".

GW's =I= articles

Swarbie

Fabio delivers his opinion carefully and succinctly. Make of it what you will.
And I saw her body burning,
With it, my world
To dust returning

MarcoSkoll

I've used it as an excuse to start adding in the missing Pink Floyd references. ;D

GW's =I= articles

Swarbie

Really? *hurries over to IC thread*

With it, my world
To dust returning

MarcoSkoll

Making vague references to "doing your job" when you should be working in unison? Not necessarily the best thing around someone who suspects there may be other traitors in the Inquisition.

So, we finally have Maya demonstrating possibly her most useful ability - the power to go literally unseen. Not completely flawless, and takes some astounding concentration on her part, but when it works, utterly invaluable.

Not the kind of power you regularly see an Imperially sanctioned psyker using. For the obvious reason that a psyker who has such a talent usually either can't be found in the first place (in teh imoartul wurdz of cieling cat, "INVISIBLE PSYKER!"), or kills themselves in the process of trying to perform such a complex combination.

EDIT: Oh yeah, those of you who are staying behind have the full freedom to ask Lyra inconvenient questions like where Maya has got to.

GW's =I= articles

Necris

He is doing his job

He's finding out more about the man behind this,

And he doesn't care what people think of him, and isn't used to waiting around to be given orders he's more accustomed to giving them ala what he's doing now.

Koval

Postage, ninja'd (dammit, Tony). Grant's slinging his weight around -- I've left it open for Marco to have Lyra question him as forcefully as is necessary.

Also, Gideon needs a drink

Swarbie

Hmmm. Fabio puts his observational skills to good use and spots a potentially fatal flaw in Lyra's plan. The floor is yours, Marco.
With it, my world
To dust returning

MarcoSkoll

Lyra chooses to defer to Fabio's experience on this one.

I will probably come back and add more later, but right now, I have a dog that needs walking.

EDIT: Actually, I may leave it for now. However, I am left wondering why Ottakar has decided that he would sooner trust Lyra than Gideon.

GW's =I= articles

Koval

Because of the Noodle Incident at Adín -- we've already seen how Gideon behaves around the advance guard, and if indeed a full-scale daemonic incursion is on its way then the poor sod's gonna go to pieces. I doubt Lyra suffers from a similar disorder.