Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

The War of Shadows OOC

Started by Necris, March 01, 2010, 10:18:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarcoSkoll

No, that's fine for Lyra. Often I like putting my characters into an RP simply so that other players might throw me a bit of a curveball - someone else might do something that I hadn't thought of, and give the character a quirk that helps make them a bit more unique.
Sometimes characters just need a bit of input from other people to mix them up a little.

Now, as far as that Daemon Prince... we should all know that no daemon can survive the Power of ROCK! Break out the guitars!

Okay, that's not actually going to help us. But still, I reserve the right to base my character's names on those of  rock/metal guitarists. (It's the naming theme for this "warband": Lyra Rhodes, Kai Gillmore and Maya Avens.)
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Koval

Do you have a character called Downing? :P

MarcoSkoll

Not currently, although I do intend to add more characters to this particular group in future (whether or not they'll be tabletop characters will vary) - and I will continue with the naming theme.

GW's =I= articles

Kallidor

Is this Daemon Prince heading back to the rest of us?
Be Pure!
Be Vigilant!
BEHAVE!

Koval

I certainly hope not although I do get the impression it's following Jeremiah...

Kallidor

I'm just stuck on something for Molovich to do.
Be Pure!
Be Vigilant!
BEHAVE!

Zephon

Explain why the long-range vox won't work. Or repair it, allowing the situation across the planet to be discovered to be just as bad, while interference prevents us contacting orbit. Or say that what Fabio saw was the Arbites precinct-fortress plasma reactor going critical (brilliant way to discourage sneak attacks by rebellious governors, incidentally, since the explosion will take half of the capital city with it). Or it was a daemon horde and requires shooting. Or talk to Bernard about the tactical situation and the possibility of escaping the city in an armoured breakout, or by air if anyone can get Valkyries or shuttles operational.

Kallidor

Aye, that sounds good, bombing the Arbites sounds like an idea. Bit late now so I'll get on with that later on.
Be Pure!
Be Vigilant!
BEHAVE!

MarcoSkoll

We really are twisted bastards, aren't we? "Blowing up the Arbites sounds like a good idea".

This city is having really bad luck. First a load of psykers blow up, then the Arbites blow up, and if things go really tits up, they'll get blown up from orbit.
Anything else? Oh yeah - there's some daemons, but I'm not sure they amount to much of a threat against the rampant pyrotechnics.

GW's =I= articles

Swarbie

Look, we are a bunch of people with vivid imaginations and, in my case at least, a short attention span. Increasing levels of pyrotechnics hold our attention until our imaginations have formed images of the daemons, then we realize we like the pyrotechnics a lot so we add more in.

Daemons are fun, but are in most cases relatively small compared to a plasma reactor going critical.
And I saw her body burning,
With it, my world
To dust returning

MarcoSkoll

A short section from me that looks to wrap up Lyra and Ottakar's conversation for the moment. (Thought it was best to get it out of the way before any more giant explosions).

Although it's not actually stated on the profile I posted up in this thread for Lyra, the fuller version includes the line: "Willing to extend the benefit of the doubt."

While she doesn't automatically trust people, it doesn't take too much to gain her (tentative) trust - but bear in mind this line: "However, those who know her know that this doesn't mean she can be pushed, as she is very much a 'one chance' woman" (which is in the earlier profile).

Those people who are stupid enough to mess with her find out just how true the phrase "hell has no fury like a woman scorned" is.

GW's =I= articles

Koval

Quote from: MarcoSkoll on May 19, 2010, 04:41:48 PM
Those people who are stupid enough to mess with her find out just how true the phrase "hell has no fury like a woman scorned" is.
Lyra is Valkia the Bloody?

MarcoSkoll

*Insert swear words here*

After the fight six months ago, my laptop seems to be packing up again. The wireless card failed earlier today (so I'm currently on a wired connection), the graphics are getting more and more sluggish (although they have been for some time), and it's regularly degenerating into panicked beeping.
I'm going to have to call the suppliers again and get them to fix it - and last time I sent it off, it took them six weeks to only half fix it.
(That ridiculous wait is why I've held out getting it fixed.)

I'll be forced into sharing a computer while this is going on, so likely less input from me while it's actually sent away.
An upside, if I can even pretend one exists, is that I've known the computer's failure was coming for some time now, so I've lined up quite a lot of projects for while I'm without computing power.

Quote from: Koval on May 19, 2010, 06:42:15 PMLyra is Valkia the Bloody?
No... the phrase has been around much much much longer than that.

GW's =I= articles

Necris

bugger

and here was me about to ask you about sculpting minis
This here is my very favourite gun...I call her rita.

The Order of the Iron Rose - Necris' Inq28 Plog

Kallidor

I think we can take it as read that the Arbites are all dead but of anyone fancies using one or two I've left it suitably ambiguous just in case.
Be Pure!
Be Vigilant!
BEHAVE!