Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Inquisitor Adorno and Retinue

Started by Molotov, August 05, 2009, 02:46:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

precinctomega

QuoteOphelia Dannica

Any relation to Ivixia Dannica, the Daemonhuntress?

Looking back at the Sagacity discussion, I tend to suggest that you see Sagacity as having two parts: 1-50 points are based on pure knowledge.  The remaining 50 are based on intellect.  Decide where your character fits on each scale and add the two together.

R.

Molotov

Quote from: precinctomega on March 11, 2010, 03:04:44 PM
Any relation to Ivixia Dannica, the Daemonhuntress?

Quote from: Molotov on March 10, 2010, 08:45:10 PM
(P.S: I know that Ivixia and Ophelia share a last name - I quite liked it, and so I unashamedly appropriated it.)

Clearly. Thanks for the feedback on the character! :)

Quote from: Myriad on March 10, 2010, 09:52:57 PM
Great model as always - what's it based off?  I notice she's also rejected the sororitas hair cut, a sentiment I wholly endorse.

While the character herself is plausible enough, both her treatment by her order and the effects of it, I do wonder quite what drew an inquisitor's attention to the convent in the first place, let alone to one fallen sister.

Thanks for the feedback, Myriad. The model itself is "Viktoria, Bounty Hunter", from Wyrd Miniature's Malifaux game. (You can see the model on the online store here, though I ordered mine from Wayland Games) As you can tell, I removed her original weaponry, giving her a resin laspistol from Forgeworld and a plastic chainsword from a Space Marine Scout Sergeant because it was about the right sort of size and style for her. I see what you meant about the haircut, and I thought similarly when I first saw the model. With that said, I'm considering possibly that she ought to have white hair as a nod to her Sororitas past.

The plausibility of Adorno visiting the Sororitas is something I wanted to expand on later. I don't want to come up with a huge encyclopaedia-full of background for the characters, merely enough to get them onto the battlefield. I imagine that Adorno would have recruited Ophelia at some stage after he bound Seraphael, though I'm not sure. Radical Inquisitors like Cyarro have managed to fool the Grey Knights, so I have no qualms about him actually visiting, though I'm not entirely sure why. Perhaps he actually was visiting for Ophelia; he could have used the Emperor's Tarot to find her, or Seraphael might have helped him. Alternatively, it could be possible to take a page out of the "Daemonifuge" story and have a the sisters call for an Inquisitor to judge whether she actually was tainted or not.

I rather liked the idea that she could be used to somewhat serve as a "moral compass" for Adorno, an anchor to tether him to what remains of his common humanity. That she is quite damaged herself only proves what dangerous territory Adorno is in! Perhaps he even just inducted her into his service out of curiosity as to what she could become.

I've been working a bit on Adorno's backstory, and also the background of Seraphael, who as a potent daemon deserves a bit of a history. I've always imagined that Adorno specifically chose him (and went to the lengths of finding a fragment of his True Name) because he had a reputation for knowledge. He is a Tzeentchian Daemon of some kind. Perhaps a guide to the Immaterium - perhaps he answers questions, but at a price? I'd imagined having one of the names which he is known by as 'The Whisperprince'.

Quote from: Andy on March 10, 2010, 10:15:31 PM
It's a lovely model and a great backstory. Fallen sisters give great scope for intrigue.

Will these visions of hers be utilised in game somehow?

I'm not too sure, really. I'm also not really sure as to the extent of just how she's been "touched" by the dark forces. Really all I need to do is to get her expelled/set upon by her Sisters. To me, the Sororitas are defined by their Sisterhood. They are a military force, and a religious order - and both require the tight-knit bond of their members. I imagine that after her ordeals, she was a dark figure, somewhat cold and disassociated, standing apart from her Sisters. They might have initially looked at her with some kind of awe that she was able to survive, but that might turn into fear and distrust, which could prove deadly in battle and uncomfortable in the Convent. Perhaps I don't need to go to the extent of the Canoness declaring her a  heretic, but I'd like to figure something out for her.
INQ28 Thread | INQ28 Blog
INQ28, done properly, is at least the equal of its big brother - and Mol is one of the expert proponents of "done properly".
- precinctomega

Vladimir

Love the character concept here... very impressed.

I'd be interested to see what rules you gave her... does she still act like a sororitas? Has she kept up her training? etc etc.
But what if the Emperor could be granted a body that does not wither and die, that could be his vessel for all eternity to come? I believe that such a thing is possible, that the Emperor yet waits for his new body to be found or created. In essence, a new Emperor will be created to lead Mankind to i

Molotov

Well, it's almost a year since I posted here last. I've been working on giving Adorno's retinue full profiles and rules.

This is a post where I would appreciate your help. I imagine Ophelia (oh, by the way, she did get painted, you can see her here) to be quite a hard-hearted character. She has been broken and reforged - brainwashed, if you will. She is devoted to her master's Xanthite ways. She's not armoured in power armour, but she obviously still retains her martial prowess from her tenure as a battle-sister.

But where to go from here? I don't envisage her retaining her "faith" powers. The acts of faith, whilst the hallmark of the Sisterhood, are not really appropriate. Given that the Sisters Repentia (in 40k) cannot use Acts of Faith, I think that justifies it. She doesn't have "faith" in the sense of the Sisters - but she has a total belief that Adorno's cause is right and just, and will do everything in her power to ensure he succeeds.

I see her as being a very, very driven woman. Hard and merciless when she needs to be. But what rules to give her? I imagined a rule entitled "Forged Anew" but I have no idea what it could be.

Although I'd stop short of making her a sorceror as well, it's possible Adorno's given her something to even up the odds...

--------------------------

Another character I've been working on is a Chrono-Gladiator with two implanted Chainsword arms. You can see him here.

WS 65 | BS 0 | S 54 | T 56 | I 45 | Wp 39 | Sg 25 | Nv 61 | Ld 40
Equipment: 2 implanted Chainswords. Injector Implant with Slaught and Psychon
Skills: Ambidextrous, Frenzy (When using Psychon)

As you can see, his profile's much simpler! His role in the warband is as well - he is a "fire and forget" weapon, attempting to destroy the enemy before his body shakes itself apart.

--------------------------

With regards to Seraphael, I'd like to come up with some more cold-based powers. At the moment, he only has three powers, and Adorno has four! That doesn't seem right to me.
INQ28 Thread | INQ28 Blog
INQ28, done properly, is at least the equal of its big brother - and Mol is one of the expert proponents of "done properly".
- precinctomega