Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

The Red Prince WIP

Started by Alyster Wick, March 05, 2010, 05:00:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alyster Wick

Figured I'd start a new thread to track progress on my diabolical NPC creation.  My inspiration should be rather apparent:

Now here's a quick mock-up.  Don't worry, he's in no way glued.  I'm planning on shortening the "neck" and smoothing down the right shoulder area so there's a cleaner interface.

And finally here is a size comparison.  He isn't much bigger than a standard =][= character, but it's enough to set him apart:

My plans are to take my time to make a realistic neck for him (generally I just toss greenstuff into those areas and paint so as to divert attention from them) and add lots of gribbliness to the chainsword (it's going to be a daemonic chainsword, trust me, it will look it).

He's going to be a fairly powerful NPC that will fit into the little subsector I've created for my characters.  Not sure when/if I'll fit him into a scenario but time will tell.  Enjoy, feedback is welcome.

Daxam

Woah. That's pretty big. Looks nice, and I do detect a hint of Pyramid Head in this work? Good inspiration in my opinion.
I seek a perfection. I won't attain it. But it is a lofty enough goal for my ego.

RobSkib

Clank clank thump scrape!

I love it, I don't know why anyone else hasn't attempted a pyramid head likeness before. Gunna be watching this one like a hawk.
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

DapperAnarchist

Is that the front of a Raider? Genius...
Questions are a burden to others, answers a burden to oneself.

The Keltani Subsector  My P&M Thread - Most recent, INQ28!

psycho

having played Silent Hill time and time again i did oncve attempt to try and get a mini made...mine looked like a stoned duck and im much happier yours doesnt......might have to attempt another version now ive seen this lil beaut......love it mate.....also would you PM me the background detaisl to your Chaos geezer? just wonderin what you mean by "go-to-guy"....not read the background for Wick yet though.....

kerby

Alyster Wick

For any and all interested I thought I'd cross pollinate my threads so here is his background (with rules to follow): http://www.the-conclave.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=587.0

QuoteIs that the front of a Raider?

Indeed it is.  I will say that giving up 40K was incredibly liberating in terms of the sheer amount of bits that suddenly became available when I was not longer thinking of ways to maximize my army's points for mega games.

Quotealso would you PM me the background detaisl to your Chaos geezer? just wonderin what you mean by "go-to-guy"

Consider yourself PMed, though once the warband is complete/I put a thread together for it I'll repost the old background with some tweaks to go along with it.  I'll try and present the whole thing as a full package.

Alyster Wick

Apologies for the double post, but it's actual content so I trust no one will mind.  Here are some shots of his sword pre-greenstuff.

And here's the body taking more shape.  Again, all pre-GS, hopefully can take care of that tomorrow.

Heroka Vendile

having never played Silent Hill and only having the vaguest idea who pyramid-head is, I'd say that's looking pretty damn sweet.
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

Myriad

Certainly looking scary and demonic enough.  You can never have enough spikes...
I had better point out, that some of the clubs I represent are of a military bent.

You know what you are?  A plywood shark!

RobSkib

Awesome stuff, the only problem I can see is that he doesn't seem to be 'looking' in the same direction that he's pointing - is this an issue with the head not being able to rotate fully to the left?
                                     +++++++

Gestalt

He looks like something out of Silent Hill. Which is good and very creepy.
"All things have sprung from nothing and are borne forward to infinity."
                                   Blaise Pascal

Alyster Wick

Quotethe only problem I can see is that he doesn't seem to be 'looking' in the same direction that he's pointing - is this an issue with the head not being able to rotate fully to the left?

The head isn't glued on yet (indeed, nothing is glued together yet) so I'll have time to fix him up.

Here is a WIP of the sword, first layer of GS done.  I'm guessing it'll take 3-5 layers to get everything done.

Swarbie

" . . . Inquisitor, the daemonic chainsword is looking at me . . ."

"The chainsword will not hurt you, Acolyte."

"It hurt your Explicator!"

"Well, that's what he gets for mentioning the Emperor and holy water around a blade possessed by a poor, helpless daemonic entity."
And I saw her body burning,
With it, my world
To dust returning

Alyster Wick

It's been a while, but this should be the last update before he's basecoated.  I want to put lots of love into his paint job so I'll probably be asking opinions a lot through that process.  GS wise he needs some work around the spines in his back and I'm going to smoothly connect his left arm to the shoulder joint and mold the muscle into his formidable pecs (bulking him up was far easier than expected).  Anyway, here he is (rather proud of the sword, it passes the test of a daemonic chainblade if you ask me!).

RobSkib

That is an AWESOME looking weapon! When you said you were going to do a pyramid head-type model, I just assumed it would be a cheap knock-off as quite a lot of 'inspired' models are, but you have totally blown that assumption out of the water. I love the detail you've put into that brutal splat-stick of his and the big spines on his back. Are you going to GS in the gap in his right shoulder?
                                     +++++++