Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Dullmohawks WiP things and finished work

Started by Dullmohawk, March 07, 2010, 03:52:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inquisitor Cade

The heavy stubber is over sized, has no sights, and if that is a 40k autocannon ammo box, has over sized bullets.

I think these could be good things, as it could be an interesting version of a heavy stubber. It looks like he has re purposed something that was meant to be vehicle mounted.

I'd say 4D6 damage would be appropriate. And the range finder could be linked to an internal system that automatically adjusts the barrel to compensate giving range G, less straightforward than adjusting the sights, but this is the imperium, and the gun is certainly big enough. Another thing I'd do is add either a forward or rear sight. The other could be built into the handle, and then the rule could be that he cannot use aim actions with the gun unless it is rested (or when he is prone). Without sights I don't think he should be able to aim it at all, and even with I don't see how he could aim it whilst holding it like that shot of an eye piece that links to a sight.
*Insert token witticism*

JoelMcKickass

I'm not sure about the Heavy Stubber, i think it looks a little like a Browning, pretty badass actually. Maybe you could model a bipod onto one of the other models, just to give it that "support weapon" feel.

Dullmohawk

Well, real life stuff has been presseing me for time, and so I had to cut back on the Inquisitor stuff.
This weekend however I had some time to mess about with the dear old metal bits, and I came up with this:

it's kinda the start of a mechanicus warband, the arco-flagellant is not really a part of it anymore, as I felt he didn't really fit in. Besides, I've got a tech-adept in the works to assist the magos in the quest for knowledge.
The guy on the far right is a skitarii bodyguard. He's made from the thorian inquisitor body and I'm currently pondering wether or not to give him more visible bionics...I guess we'll see when he's done ;D
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/arcadiansmugglers/photos/album/906840101/pic/list  <--- Bits to trade? Check out my Arcadian Smuggler Album!

precinctomega

I love the converted head on the magos.  Turning it from a hood into a balaclava is inspired!

R.

Brother_Brimstone

Very nice - i'd never thought of using the thorian as a base for a Skitarii, but now you've brouught it up i bet it would make a good conversion. Look forward to seeing it progress.

Sumaki

Quote from: precinctomega on April 18, 2010, 05:37:43 PM
I love the converted head on the magos.  Turning it from a hood into a balaclava is inspired!

R.

Agreed, although my first thought was "Hey, tech priest with a gimp mask!"
im not sold on the pipe Mechadendrites, but then ive never been a fan of them. Looking forward to seeing the tech adept, and i would go as over the top as you like for a good skitarii, the more outlandish the better.

Dullmohawk

Thanks for all the comments guys :)
I did some more work on the skitarii bodyguard yesterday and today, and now he looks like this:

I still need to add some cables to the hellgun, and do some work on the greenstuff armour, to make it look more like armour and less like a blob of greenstuff. Good times 8)

The Tech-adept is almost finished, I just need to do some more work on the stub-pistol:

I'm off to berlin this week if the X@#%&! volcano-dust cloud goes away, so I'll probably not get too much work done untill I get back.
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/arcadiansmugglers/photos/album/906840101/pic/list  <--- Bits to trade? Check out my Arcadian Smuggler Album!

TheNephew

Quote from: Dullmohawk on April 19, 2010, 07:37:13 PMI'm off to berlin this week if the X@#%&! volcano-dust cloud goes away, so I'll probably not get too much work done untill I get back.
Good luck...

Any chance of a shot of the backpack?

Like the goggles on the Skitarius, and the beefier barrel makes the hellgun look nice and powerful. Are those multiple scopes on the sides?
Some straps or some other obvious means of attaching the backpack to the wearer wouldn't go amiss, but it's not a huge issue.

I should stop camping on here, it makes it doubly frustrating that all my stuff is back home.

Alyster Wick

Those look absolutely fantastic.  Really love the head on the Magos (yoinking it for my skitarii elite) and the head for your Thorain based Inquisitor is inspired.  Simple yet effective.  I'm totally stealing these for my current WIP admech characters.

Also, is gav (I think it was gav who made it) selling casts of his techpriest?  I loved that model...

rourke

loving the skitari, what model is the head from?
is that a GS bionic eye on his left side?
very nice hellgun too

TheNephew

Gav was selling casts three of four months ago.
I think he has a few left - message him.

Dullmohawk

Thanks guys, I enjoyed making him :)

Alyster: You'll have to talk to gav about that, oh, and you're welcome to steal anything you see, as long as you post photos! 8)

rourke: The head is a left-over slick devlan head I had lying around. I filed off most of the hair and modeled the GS bionic eye first, then the goggles and last the neural-plugs on the cranium.

TheNephew: I'll get a clearer shot of the backpack up next time I update, until then I can inform you all that it's an old steel legion sentinel las-cannon pack.
And yes, I beefed the lasgun out with extra scopes, to make it look more like the hellguns the old metal storm troopers are toting. I'll connect it to the back-pack with some guitar wire when I get my hands on some.

Brother_Brimstone

Good work - they look brilliant. The skitarii is coming along well and the tech adept looks great. Can't wait to see them finished and painted!

Dullmohawk

Well, I've been absent for some time now because of the stuff going on in the parallel-universe, known as life.
Luckily there are things as summer-holidays to keep that stuff at bay, and so I present to you two of the latest stuff I've painted/converted. There's really much more, but I'm feeling lazy after uploading my AAR in the "In The Field" section, so this is all I'm putting up today:

First up is Tech-Priest Khobotov:

yes, I finally got around painting Gav's fantastic model, and I'm quite pleased with her. Mainly because she's got a lot of red on her. I like red. Like, really like it.

Second up is Gob, my (not too bright) mutant henchman with a speech-impediment due to the large set of jaws inherited from his father:

I had some left-overs from a collection of bits I bought on ebay, but I didn't want another guardsman, so he became a mutant with a lumpy head and a couple of six-shooters.

greenstuff_gav

Quote from: Dullmohawk on August 06, 2010, 01:42:28 PM
yes, I finally got around painting Gav's fantastic model, and I'm quite pleased with her.

HUZZAH! first one i've seen  ;D moar pics please :D

nice clean GS work and paintjobs  8)
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination