Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Inquisitor Annual 2002: Vol. 1 of The Exterminatus Files

Started by Lucidum, March 05, 2010, 01:16:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucidum

OMG sooooo happy!!!

Just found a perfect condition copy of Inquisitor Annual 2002: Vol. 1 of the Exterminatus Files at my local book shop (Powells Books in Portland Oregon). I didn't think i'd ever see a copy of this short of Ebay. It was $50, sure, but it's a wealth of =][= knowledge that's largely been lost to the cosmos! Huzzah!

precinctomega

Um.

1) It's often for sale on eBay for less than $10.

2) Its contents are largely useless.

3) The useful contents are all available as free downloads from MarcoSkoll's depository.

R.

Lucidum

-_-

well....damn.

....still, I like having things physically there in front of me, a full copy of the item in question, I'm not a fan of PDFs, harder to leaf through the pages.

Kaled

The only really good thing in it are the battle reports (which of course appeared) elsewhere; as PO
says, the rest is pretty useless. The 2004 one is a lot better, although again many of its contents are in Marco's depository.
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: precinctomega on March 05, 2010, 10:25:27 AM2) Its contents are largely useless.
I wouldn't argue quite so. It's got some reasonably useful stuff on writing worlds and campaigns, and an awful lot of the 2002 Annual wasn't ever released as PDFs.

If I had to have one of the Annuals, I'd have the 2002 one (the reprinted White Dwarf articles), because the Exterminatus Articles that made up 2004 one were mostly available as PDFs - and indeed, as far as possible, still are.
Actually, given the general unavailability of the 2002 Annual's material, I'm considering taking my copy and doing what the Mind would call allowing people to avoid it at all costs. Don't know what GW might have to say about that though.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Lucidum

Kaled

I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

Lucidum