Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

The Amalathian Sourcebook - collaborators wanted!

Started by Kaled, March 10, 2010, 06:08:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaled

Evening all,

As most of you know, Van Helser and I have written faction sourcebooks for the Istvaanians & Recongregators; since then we've been working on one for the Amalathians.  We've got pretty far with it and I think every section has most of the content in place, or a good outline for what it should contain.

What we need now are people to help write sections we haven't got around to, maybe write some short fiction, do some proof-reading, editing, and generally collaborate with us to get the book finished.  Ideally we'd be looking for an experienced Inquisitor player with a good knowledge of the background to the Inquisition and its factions.

If you're interested, get in touch.

Be seeing you,
Dave

P.S. We can always do with pictures, so if you can paint or draw and fancy contributing artwork then we'd love to hear from you.
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

Molotov

I'd be very keen to help out, primarily on the editing/proof-reading side.
INQ28 Thread | INQ28 Blog
INQ28, done properly, is at least the equal of its big brother - and Mol is one of the expert proponents of "done properly".
- precinctomega

Kasthan

I'll join in, most likely in proof reading and layout design work.

I would help create some rules/sample characters, but I have not yet made an Amalathian character personally. Due to this I feel as if I would be lacking in what I can offer. If some ideas are presented as something to explore I will gladly help.

Great to hear it is nearly finished anyway Kaled, congratulations in advance. 

MarcoSkoll

Willing to help with any of that really.

I can quite easily contribute short fiction, proof-reading, basic photoshop work or (within limits) original artwork.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Kaled

Thanks guys. Can you all drop me a message with your email addresses and in a day or two we'll start a discussion on where we're up to and what is needed to get the book finished.

DapperAnarchist

I'll volunteer my services for whatever - and will ask the proofreader in the house if she would like to assist.
Questions are a burden to others, answers a burden to oneself.

The Keltani Subsector  My P&M Thread - Most recent, INQ28!

Discy

I can make up some characters if you want.
Will start on some sketches and concepts soon ;)
Beep if you love muties!

Kasthan

Dave I tried to message you will my email address, however I don't think it worked (there was nothing in my out box). So here it is just in case: emopenguins@hotmail.co.uk

Thanks, hope to hear from you soon.

Kaled

Thanks. I'm still working my way through the current draft working out what needs to be done - I'll contact all those people who volunteered as soon as that's done.

Alyster Wick

I'm a bit of a late comer to this but I'll be on a long business trip shortly and will have absolutely nothing to do with my nights (I'm not being sent anywhere exciting).  I am open to aggressive proof-reading and short fiction (I'm not packing paints on my trip.

Vladilek

I haven't played Inquisitor but I am using the Inquisition in my fiction. I've studied everything that I can find about the Holy Ordos along with its different factions. I would love to at least help out a little bit since I loved the Istvaanian and Recongrenator Sourcebooks. Amalathianism is on the exact opposite of my usual doctrinal spectrum but I don't mind.
"You do not need to look to the stars to find the greatest obstacle this Conclave faces, my brothers. Simply gaze around this room and you will find such a sea of discord as to make your foes cackle with glee." - Inquisitor Eistus Gracker in address to the Calixian Conclave

Kaled

I was about to give up on this project, but Van Helser has convinced me that we should have one last big push and get it finished (probably best, as much of the first draft was complete and it'd be a shame to abandon it). Thus we hope to have a complete draft by the end of next month, after which we can begin the process of editing and proof-reading.

Vladilek - if you want to help, then we'd be happy to have you onboard. Drop me a PM, and we'll discuss what bits you can work on.

- Dave

Molotov

Dave -

I know I've been lax and haven't produced anything useful towards this project, but school comes to an end on Friday and I'll have five weeks off before I start my teacher training (and probably even then I'll have more free time) so I'd love to contribute if possible?
INQ28 Thread | INQ28 Blog
INQ28, done properly, is at least the equal of its big brother - and Mol is one of the expert proponents of "done properly".
- precinctomega

Ancelyn

Hi Dave,

sorry I have been MIA for... wow  :o a good few months. I am still happy to have a crack at the cover, if you are still interested?

Cheers

Paul
To see a world in a grain of sand,
And a Heaven in a wild flower,
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

William Blake

MarcoSkoll

I too am still on board if wanted/needed. However, given the number of people who have greater knowledge and less radical views of the background than I do, I figured that it was probably better that the background sections were left for them.

However, I'm just generally a person who has a habit of not taking much initiative in group projects. If not specifically told "Work on this you lazy bum" (or words to that effect), I usually end up dawdling somewhat.
Unless you have a particular section you'd like to throw at me, my best suggestion is that I work on some art until we get to the later stages. (Although I have a few scraps of a possible short story as well - not that one precludes the other.) If that works for you, feel free to throw suggestions of what you might want at me.

S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles