Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

phil`s WIPs

Started by phil-o-mat, March 13, 2010, 09:23:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

phil-o-mat

i think i will use the original arms, but with different weapons and a some work on the shoulder pads. or kal jerichos arms.

good point on tyrus, but before cutting the waist extension down, i will lengthen his legs a bit. and if the proportions seem strange, i will change the waist.
and yes, his shoulders need to be reworked a lot, i hate those stupidly big shoulder pads!

i worked on the female several minutes ago, but the pics are crap. i will shot some better ones tomorrow, in better light.

and with the rest of the milliput, i did this...

a filthy mutant:

sorry about the quality of the pics!

c&c`s please!

phil

Molotov

That mutant is really very cool. Nice posing - I'm keen to see how he ends up!
INQ28 Thread | INQ28 Blog
INQ28, done properly, is at least the equal of its big brother - and Mol is one of the expert proponents of "done properly".
- precinctomega

phil-o-mat

inspired by my work on the mutant i did this last night...

another mutant scum:

unable to shoot proper pics of my female inquisitor, i have to show you those...
sorry about the quality.

no major changes for now, but let`s see what happens the next days.

c&c`s welcome as always!

phil

Lacerto

I love the commisar, he's awesome. Is the robe part of the jacket? If so, I propose making the entire robe double breasted like the jacket.

The duke head on the arbites is a great choice.

The mutant with the pole is going to be a pole dancer right? Like in the Eisenhorn book where they are in the pound club trying to track down the alpha+ psyker. That would be a fun character.

Nevermore2010

You know... its just occured to me that his coat opens at one side at the top... and the other side at the bottom... Still love the model tho, might have to get me one of those  ;D
Wash: "Psychic, though? That sounds like something out of science fiction."

Zoe:  "We live in a space ship, dear."

Myriad

hmm.  The things we overlook.  Like the tentacle mutant, I never find a good use for left over putty.
I had better point out, that some of the clubs I represent are of a military bent.

You know what you are?  A plywood shark!

RobSkib

I echo the comments about making a mutant pole dancer! I've never seen anyone even attempt something like that, so it'd certainly be a first... even if it is hilariously repulsive :P

The second mutant though, I'm not so sold on. Obviously there are only four bits of metal in the photo, so it's not much to go on, but I think the pose could be improved a tad. I think it's the left arm, holding/throwing the grenade(?) - it's far too straight and a bit awkward, and doesn't gel with the overall composition of the model. I think an arm pointing down would work much better.

Also, as a side note, do you have a bits box filled with hundreds of feet? Most of your models are missing legs or feet, and I'm interested to know what your plans are for all these poor amputees ;)
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

phil-o-mat

@Lacerto: very nice idea! thank you. i will think about it.
there is just one little problem, where do i get 8 little skulls?

@Nevermore2010: good point. i had that problem from the begin on, but i liked the combination of parts so much, i ignored it entirely until now. but i think, if i start solving that problem, i can also change the buttons. just give me some time, that shouldn`t be done in a haste.

@robSkib: i`m not so happy with the second mutant, too. the prosthetic is supposed to look a little bit awkward, but the left arm needs some work. if interested, it is the arm of a krootox (not holding a grenade, just a fist)

thank you for your comments.

phil

p.s.: the first mutant wasn`t supposed to be a pole dancer, i thought of putting a chainblade on top of it. but i will think about it  ;)

and i have only 2 characters with amputated legs for now.
turn psychopathy on...
but the idea of cutting feet of and store them in my shrine sounds wonderful! would you give my yours ;)
turn psychopathy off...

Kaled

Quote from: phil-o-mat on February 24, 2011, 07:34:24 PM
where do i get 8 little skulls?
Make a press mould of the buttons on Covenant's coat and use that to make some more. I've done that - you can see them on the pics of the female ship's captain that I'm working on at the moment.
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

phil-o-mat

cut the arm of, but what about using it on the other mutant?

and here a pic of the tip of the pole...

what do you think?

@Kaled: i think that would work, but what do you use for moulds? regular puttys, or something special? i have no experience in doing that.

Kaled

I used Procreate to make the mould - and more Procreate to cast some skulls.
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

RobSkib

Much better! The arm suits this model down to the ground (heh). How about moving the chainsword head to the top of the pole though? Having it stuck to the side doesn't sit right with me for some reason...
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

Hadriel Caine

Loving the tentacle arm. very nicely done.
The Fall of Astraea
Astrean OOC- feedback thread

\'You have to lie to keep people happy\'

phil-o-mat

thanks for your comments!

@RobSkib: i tried that, but it broke off several times, so i put it on the side.

guess who found an arm for the other mutant?

i like it very much, it gives that guy some king of primitive/feral looking.

unable to finish something, i started two new projects...

first, a tech-priest/adept/skitarius (i dont`t know which role suits him best, but i tend to an adept)

and second, in fact that some of you wanted my first mutant to be a pole dancer, which couldn`t be done (i am afraid of male pole dancers), i got this idea:

my intention was, that she holds herself on the pole with a nunchaku wrapped around it.

but there is a big problem, she came with two left legs. does anybody have a spare right leg?

c&c`s welcome as always!

phil

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: phil-o-mat on March 04, 2011, 09:28:32 AMbut there is a big problem, she came with two left legs. does anybody have a spare right leg?
If it was bought from GW, try pinging them and telling them you got two left legs. They're quite good with sorting out that kind of thing and may well send you a replacement part.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles