Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Pirate Prince Meallan

Started by DapperAnarchist, March 12, 2010, 07:36:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DapperAnarchist

Prince Meallan

+++Record Access Request+++
+++Records - O.X.78947.Theta/Eta/Rho+++
+++Eldar Pirates - 'Prince Meallan'+++
-Transcript begins-
Servitor, take notes.

It appears that there is a common thread here. Across many sectors and worlds, a common attacker. His list of attacks and offences against the Imperium is impressive. I have positively identified him as the Devil of Saulia II, the Fiend of the Chethe Belt, the infamous Pirate of the Junocar Nebula, the "Plague" of the Seven Ariepate Systems and the Hellion of Godrin Dock. This attacker is an Eldar, accompanied must unexpectedly by non-Eldar retainers. The attacks are usually initially unexpected, but continue for some number of year. Beyond this, details appear to be lacking. I will investigate further.
-Transcript ends-

-Transcript begins-
Servitor, are you listening? Good.

Though it has been several years, I have been able to expand my files on the mysterious Eldar Pirate. Well, now less mysterious. His name is apparently Prince Meallan. His ship is of an unknown construction, but neither Eldar nor Imperial, and is named the Sigil of Silver. Beyond this, my contact was able to tell me of a few other things. He appears to be armed with a large partially mechanical fist and a sword. His retainers include a centauroid creature that resembles one of the Colossi of the Zorastra-Attilan War, and what appears to be a member of the Patareth race. This report is to be forwarded to Conclave, hopefully there it will be of use.
-Transcript ends-

-Transcript begins-
Servitor, take notes.

My guest has been able to provide me with more information. Having learned as much as I expect I will be able to on my primary interest, I have asked what he knows of other areas of interest. When I asked about Prince Meallan, he seemed astonished, though it is hard to tell precisely what the creature is feeling. It appears that Meallan and my guest both originate from the same family, being some type of cousins. His full name is Caelmeallarstilltagearrsoekmuremen, though my pronounciation is 'inevitably lacking', as my guest puts it. It appears that there are those among the Eldar who experience the loss of their Empire more keenly than most. Many join the warrior orders encountered on the battlefield. However, in the most severe cases, they are consumed with an anger which makes them unsuitable for the ascetic and self-denying warrior orders. Unable to contain their anger fully, they become a disruptive force in the Craftworld, and are compelled to leave, and take up the life of the wandering Eldar. Apparently Meallan is one of these, who took up the life of the corsair. Beyond that, my guest would tell me little. I feel there must be more, for Meallan's destruction is excessive even by the fickle and cruel standards of his race.
-Transcript ends-

WS BS S T I Wp Sg Nv Ld
82 71 48 52 91 69 77 81 83

Meallan is left-handed

Equipment
Kiramen (Bionic Right Arm, Av. 4 Implant Power Fist and Hand Flamer), Mealarstill (Lossenad Sword), Carapace Armour (Av. 5) on Chest, Abdomen, Mesh Armour (Av. 3) on  Left Arm, Groin, Left Leg, Right Leg, Rebreather, one Plasma Grenade

Abilities
Catfall, Innately Psychic, Keen Senses, Lightning Reflexes, Eldar Metabolism, Deflect Shot

Another redone character, and now with a model picture! I finally have access to a good camera, or rather, to a camera and photographer. (Though she won't see this unless I point it out, I should say thanks anyway...). The full name translates roughly to Cael Meallan, the Sword that Falls to Cut in the Hand's Dying Moments. Very roughly.
Questions are a burden to others, answers a burden to oneself.

The Keltani Subsector  My P&M Thread - Most recent, INQ28!

Alyster Wick

Nice looking model (though it'd be nice to get a closer look, I'll leave that to the modeling thread though).

I like the powerfist on an eldar, it's a rare combination and appears to be well done from this vantage point.  I feel as though there has to be a better equivalent weapon though.  Aesthetically I like it, but there has to be some rouge trader era piece of arcana that would fit the bill.

Other than that he seems fairly balanced for an Eldar.  Certainly deadly, but hey, that's what they're there for.

Are you planning on using him as a PC or NPC?  Also excited to see what you come up with both rules and model-wise for his compatriots.  I like to think of the eldar as the haughty leader who looks upon his crew as slow and inferior necessities.

DapperAnarchist

The picture is actually much bigger - it appears that Google is tricky. Follow the link in my sig for a full sized picture under "Xenos Horribilis - Prince Meallan".

The Powerfist is the old metal Wraithlord fist/flamer combo. Its huge, and really should be counted as a power fist, rather than a power glove. However, he'd never call it a "powerfist" or a "power glove". Its the Kiramen - the Hand of Fire, or Inferno Fist, or something like that.

Model wise, one is done (A Hrud with a shotgun and alien chainweapon) and one is nearly done (the Zoat - she's been nearly done since before I even thought of this one. I'm lazy.). Ruleswise, the Zoat is done, but the Hrud needs a lot of work...
Questions are a burden to others, answers a burden to oneself.

The Keltani Subsector  My P&M Thread - Most recent, INQ28!