Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Dark Magenta: Update 19/03/10

Started by greenstuff_gav, March 19, 2010, 10:56:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greenstuff_gav

New Articles Uploaded!

The Scent Of Betrayal -Colour Text By Ruaridh Dall

The Rewards Of Tolerance -Battle Report By Ruaridh Dall, Jeremy Lowe and Derek Gillespie.
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

Kaled

I didn't really read the battle report when I did the layout, so this evening is the first time I've properly read it, and I have to say it's a great sequel to the events on Agripinaa.  It sounds like Ruaridh was more than a little unlucky in that game, but it made for a great read.

So if that was the last (for now?) in the Goddard-Saussure Affair, who's going to step forward and do the next battle report?  These battle reports have been some of the best things in Dark Magenta and it'd be a shame if this were the end of them.
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

MarcoSkoll

I wouldn't mind a hand in some battle reports... but I've still got to write up most of the games I played at the IGT! ::)
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Saussure

Quote from: Kaled on March 19, 2010, 11:50:27 PM
It sounds like Ruaridh was more than a little unlucky in that game, but it made for a great read.

So if that was the last (for now?) in the Goddard-Saussure Affair, who's going to step forward and do the next battle report?  These battle reports have been some of the best things in Dark Magenta and it'd be a shame if this were the end of them.

You could say that. He took it most stoically, which is to his credit. As I said in one of my commentaries, I'm sure poor Ruaridh wanted to punch the table at one point!

I'd love to see someone else come forward and volunteer a battle report. Ruaridh and I would probably not be resistant to doing more sometime in the future, but it won't happen in the short term, so the offer is an open one to anyone else. I wouldn't feel that you have to do a series of three or more like we did either, even a stand-alone game will make a brilliant report as long as some thought has been given to the under-pinning narrative, and you've got a good GM. Some pre- and post-planning with photos helps you, too. We were a bit embarrassed after our final game to see that we hadn't taken the most even-spread of photos, but I think I managed to get an almost-passable selection together in the end!

Herodotus Benedict Saussure
Ordo Hereticus Terran
Forum Moderator

Van Helser

Worst.  Game.  Ever.

My dice rolling is pretty bad at the best of times, but I think I set a personal best (worst?) with that game!  Just as well Inquisitor isn't competitive or I'd really be in trouble!

We did end that game with a dearth of photos unfortunately, which is odd considering we'd managed plenty for the others.  We were probably distracted by my terrible luck!

It would be good to pick up the Goddard-Saussure story arc at some point, but I think work and Derek and I being at the opposite ends of the country doesn't help.    One day though...!

Ruaridh