Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

REborn again Inquisitor fan

Started by Leigh H, March 31, 2010, 02:26:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leigh H

I currently live in Milton Keynes and have been really interested in getting back into Inquisitor. 

Firstly, does anyone know of any gaming groups in or around Milton Keynes?

Secondly, if there isn't any gaming groups, are their people out there that would like to start a group up in the Milton Keynes area?

And finally, why is it so difficult to find anything about gaming groups on the internet!!

Dullmohawk

first off: WELCOME TO THE CONCLAVE

I sadly don't live near Milton Keynes, but check out the sticky here in the community forum, others might.
From my meagre experience in creating gaming groups in my near-environment all I can give you is: try the local "normal" gaming club/group. There might be some latent Inquisitor gamers sitting around there with their 40k armies, wondering about the same thing as you.
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/arcadiansmugglers/photos/album/906840101/pic/list  <--- Bits to trade? Check out my Arcadian Smuggler Album!

Leigh H

Thank you for the welcome and the reply, am I thinking that it seems to have petered out as a fanatical game?

Kaled

Quote from: Leigh H on March 31, 2010, 04:27:19 PM
am I thinking that it seems to have petered out as a fanatical game?
That depends on what you mean; there aren't a lot of Inquisitor players, but they tend to be pretty fanatical!

If you want a game, come join us for the Spring Conclave in Nottingham - that's not far from Milton Keynes*.

* By 'not far', I mean your journey is considerably shorter than that of some people who'll be attending.
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

Van Helser

Quote from: Kaled on March 31, 2010, 05:14:41 PM
Quote from: Leigh H on March 31, 2010, 04:27:19 PM
am I thinking that it seems to have petered out as a fanatical game?
That depends on what you mean; there aren't a lot of Inquisitor players, but they tend to be pretty fanatical!

If you want a game, come join us for the Spring Conclave in Nottingham - that's not far from Milton Keynes*.

*By 'not far', I mean your journey is considerably shorter than that of some people who'll be attending.

If I can make it from Inverness, you can make it from Milton Keynes!

Seriously though, it's always great to see new faces at our Conclaves. Especially if you have some kick-ass models to show off.

Ruaridh

precinctomega

Funnily enough, a Conclave veteran was asking me just the other day about wargaming clubs in Milton Keynes.  I'm moving (gradually) into a role of activist for the Gaming Clubs Network, so I take an interest in such things.

A lot of wargaming clubs either don't have an online presence or, if they do, have a very low-key presence that rarely shows up on a conventional Google search.  Clubs that haven't joined the GCN cannot be promoted by local GW stores, so your best bet to find non-GCN clubs is to visit the nearest independent gaming store.  Ask the staff, but also ask any regulars you meet.

Milton Keynes doesn't have a GCN club but, as mentioned, a certain Conclave veteran - who can identify himself if he wants to - might be moving to MK in the near future - hence the question to me.

If you are interested in starting a club, please let me know.  I've got some experience in the field and could offer some tips and advice to help you out.

R.

MarcoSkoll

Well, I'm normally only about 20 miles from Milton Keynes, so it'd be far from impossible for for me to make it to games there. (Can't necessarily say the same for my normal group, but things have unfortunately been on the quiet side as far as that anyway.)
As far as other members, I believe that Tyrant is in Milton Keynes, but I've not seen him post for a while - although his profile claims he's looked at the site in the last week, so he's still presumably active.

Given that and what PO says about another possible, there's already a pretty healthy collection of Inquisitor players in the region, so there's certainly the raw materials to start a Inquisitor group. Doesn't mean that more players can't be found/made though...
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Leigh H

Thank you to everyone that has replied, perhaps we could look into getting a club open in the area, or nearby so that those Inquistor players can play and carry out a campaign or maybe something more fun.

All interested parties need to get together on this post and lets make it happen!!!