Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Spring Conclave 2010

Started by Kaled, December 21, 2009, 12:40:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greenstuff_gav

Quote from: precinctomega on April 24, 2010, 08:43:48 PM
Huge fun and big "thank you" to Dave who put in an unspeakable amount of effort, creating over a hundred separate characters to act as the dramatis personae in the event's backdrop of sources, allies, suspects and corpses.

yeah, that... top job Dave!
some cracking miniatures on show and some crazy-mad playing going on.. the scenario i ran had an Inquisitor leap onto a moving truck, have a hrud shoot it with a plasmarifle and cause it to crash into a building while the inquisitor leapt to safety!

cheers all for attending and once again to Dave for organising and Rob for GMing all day!
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

Van Helser

Fun was definitely had by all. Superb effort by Dave with the campaign paraphernalia and keeping things running smoothly throughout the day.

Let's hope I can get some tables booked later in the year for an autumn conclave!

Ruaridh

Kaled

Evening all,

Glad you all had fun - just a quick post with the results...

After the first four games, Ruaridh Dall had managed to gather the most influence and put forward Inquisitor Goddard as the first of the nominees to succeed Lord Grolin.  Tony Wallace had gathered almost as much influence, and nominated his namesake, Inquisitor Necris.  Gav Fry, Nicholas Carpenter & Euan Forrrest were tied for third place in the influence stakes - and the fates decided that Nicholas would get to nominate the third candidate and chose Lord Calleia, acting head of the Conclave.

The final game took place at the High Conclave, where the player characters were called upon to cast their votes.  At the end of that game, Necris took third place - his chance to win the lordship having been dented when, after a rooftop swordfight, he fell five stories and landed in a bloody heap in front of the assembled dignitaries.  Goddard came second in the vote after an impassioned speech on his behalf by Lisa Theobald impressed the voters; but in the end it was Calleia who received the most votes, and was inaugurated as the new Inquisitor Lord Carthaxian.  Therefore Nicholas Carpenter was the winning player, and his characters won much influence in the Conclave having supported the new Lord Inquisitor in his rise to power.

I was really happy with the way the day went, we had fourteen attendees, loads of great characters and models which made for some fantastic games.  The campaign mechanics seemed to work well, and as requested I'll post the campaign pack and the sheets of contacts in a day or two.

I'm looking forwards to reading people's write-ups of the day in the Chronicles of the Carthaxian Conclave thread - although the Carthaxian Conclave has a new head, there is much discord and strife between its members; even Calleia has his enemies, having already survived his first assassination attempt.

- Dave

EDIT: Ooops, almost forgot.  Special thanks to Rob for helping me run the day and making sure everything went smoothly - without his help it really would've been chaos.
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

Heroka Vendile

Quote from: Kaled on April 24, 2010, 10:27:42 PMEuan Forrrest

Dave, I know I have more "r"s than the dictionary spelling, but this is ridiculous   ;)
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

Myriad

Clearly you earned an extra 'r'.

It was certainly an enjoyable day.  I'd like to say I also thought all the GMs did very well too, which really helps - Krud was never short a pipe to shimmy up or a truck to explode :).
I had better point out, that some of the clubs I represent are of a military bent.

You know what you are?  A plywood shark!

MarcoSkoll

Well, I enjoyed myself as well. Made a few silly mistakes (Next time, disable BOTH the Valkyrie's engines!) which didn't exactly help my performance on the day, but winning isn't the point of Inquisitor.

Quote from: Kasthan on April 24, 2010, 08:26:08 PMOh, Marco no more crotch shots please.
I can't be blamed if my characters happen to have pinpoint accuracy.

Quote from: precinctomega on April 24, 2010, 08:43:48 PMOh, and having my own plasma cannon to threaten people with was fun, too!
Plasma Cannon! (Not my best photography ever, but meh.)

I'm almost tempted to turn up next time with a replica of Frost's coil-rifle, which is easily one of the most complimented pieces of modelling work I've ever done. It's nice that it's quite so liked, because when I did the design work in this drawing, I was doing a lot of work to make sure it was original, but clearly recognisable as being "40k".

Of course, any such replica runs a fair chance of being a working replica, but that's just me being me. ;D
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles