Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Dark Heresy VOIP Campaign

Started by precinctomega, April 26, 2010, 10:17:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

precinctomega

Thanks to Shannow, we now have our first player character organized, and a very mysterious and interesting character he is, who finds himself en route for the strife-wracked depths of the Carthaxian Sector.

We also have a date sort-of-fixed: Saturday 27 Nov 2010.  I'm still hunting for a suitable venue, but I'm looking at a rather lovely pub on Cleeve Hill, offering commanding views, excellent food and drinks on tap from 10.30am until 11pm.  So, coincidentally, those are also the times I'm looking at for the start and finish of the adventure.

Dark Heresy: Bleeding Stars will throw our unwary PCs off the course of their more-or-less-innocent lives, into the laps of the Inquisition and deep into the heart of one of the most momentous conspiracies ever to have been hatched in ten millennia.

I still have four spaces available (and two reserve spaces), so if you're up for it, all you have to do is call me on Skype.  If you have a character sheet handy (available free from Fantasy Flight Games) that would be ideal.  If you also have your own copy of the rulebook, that would be even better.  If you have access to it, then origins from the Inquisitor's Handbook are allowable.

R.

Van Helser

Ah cruel fate! Just today found out that my girlfriend's work's Christmas do is the 26th of November, so it looks like I'm out. Stupid 800 miles(ish) between Inverness and Cheltenham!

Ruaridh

precinctomega

Ah, sweet tragedy!

The date may yet change, as there's a possibility it's going to clash with my fostering training.  But I'll know within the next week or so.  Keep your eyes peeled!

I've got two strong contenders to participate, so far.  That leaves three open spaces and two reserves to be filled!

R.

MarcoSkoll

I've never played Dark Heresy, mostly because I've never really been able to talk enough of my gaming group into the idea, but it seems that every day I'm getting increasingly tempted to order an assortment of the books...
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

precinctomega

(All times in 24hr clock)

OK, the loose plan is to kick off at 1030.  Location will probably be the Rising Sun Hotel.  Anyone coming by train who arrives before 1000 can prevail upon me for a lift from the station as long as I know when you'll be arriving.  I'll be the one sitting beside a plasma cannon, so I'll be easy to spot.

There are ten chapters, each one taking approximately an hour to play through and, allowing for comfort breaks and lunch, business should be concluded by 10pm.

Just a reminder: I've got two participants, so far.  I'd love to make this a Conclave exclusive, but if I've not got anyone else on board in the next couple of weeks, I might have to throw it open to some other communities.

R.

MarcoSkoll

Well, as per my suggestions above, the temptations ended up too strong, so I've just been very badly behaved and ordered a copy of both the Dark Heresy rulebook and the Inquisitor's Handbook.

So, as and when those arrive (tomorrow, if Amazon aren't lying to me), I shall peruse the contents. Should I find them to my liking, I'll come and poke you.

And what that means is it's looking horribly like you're going to end up with a horde of totally inexperienced players... ;D

GW's =I= articles

precinctomega

That's fine.  You'll have a pretty inexperienced GM, after all!

My campaign, The Bleeding Stars, is coming along quite nicely.

R.

N01H3r3

I should be able to make it - I should be between writing assignments by then, so nothing to consume my weekend.

Which means, amongst other things, that there'll be at least one person experienced with the game...
Contributing Writer for many Warhammer 40,000 Roleplay books, including Black Crusade

Professional Games Designer.

MarcoSkoll

Well, my books did indeed arrive yesterday (at 8 o'clock in the morning...), and I've been reading them on and off. Bit different to the systems I've used before, but I should get the grip of it quickly enough.

I'll go over them more thoroughly before I come and pester you about character creation (for fear of making a total fool of myself over something I've missed), but I've already got an idea or two running through my head.

GW's =I= articles

MarcoSkoll

Anywho, I've now read the rulebook through a couple of times and I think/hope I've picked enough grip on the basics to start thinking about character generation. Not too worried about when, although it'd be good to capitalise on the current creative impetus I seem to have.

I do have a Skype account (not that its ever been used ::)) and that's probably better for me than the phone. Shall I PM you the username?

GW's =I= articles

Jamas Orian

I live a county up from Cheltenham. I'd be quite interested in showing up (even though I've not played DH before)

precinctomega

Well, if N0-1, Marco and Jamas can make it, that will fill the open slots, leaving two reserve slots for latecomers.

Please search for me on Skype as "precinctomega" and I'll add you as contacts.  Then we can sit down at some mutually-convenient time and devise characters.  I've already got one Scum and one Tech-Priest.  Not that this will necessarily prevent you from taking on the same character type, if you want to.  That's just in case you want to pick something alternative.

Only basic career paths are allowed, although origins from the Inquisitor's Handbook are also permitted.  Careers and origins are largely up to you, but I'll exercise the GM hammer if necessary.

R.

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: precinctomega on August 31, 2010, 03:31:29 PMPlease search for me on Skype as "precinctomega" and I'll add you as contacts.
Done. And as for my username... don't ask how I got it.
I probably won't be able to talk until Thursday, as I'm currently away and on a mobile (and not terribly reliable) internet connection, but after that should be fine.

QuoteI've already got one Scum and one Tech-Priest.
Works for me. I've already put down a few notes on my two preferred ideas (hey, I figured that if I don't use them here, I may have the chance to use them later as characters for Inquisitor or a fiction), and neither is either a Scum or Tech-Priest.

Ironically, for someone who has such a heavy interest in engineering, Tech-Priests aren't a class I'm particularly interested in. Perhaps it's that parts of their thinking are too alien for me to really like them as a concept, but other parts too familiar to feel like I'm really roleplaying.

GW's =I= articles

Jamas Orian

Added you on Skype also.

Anything that I need to do in the meantime?

precinctomega

Well, if you've not got the core rules, that would be a good investment.  And you should print off one or two blank character sheets from the FFG website - make sure you have them handy when you Skype me.

I've got MarcoSkoll added to my contacts.  What was your username, Jamas Orian?  I've not spotted your incoming request, yet.

I'm having a lot of fun with the campaign design.  I'm writing it out long-hand, and in full.  So once we've played it, I'll put the campaign up on the Precinct Omega website (which should have an all-new look by then!) for anyone to download.  I'm brushing up on my recollection of the rules for injury, fatigue and recovery, because I suspect I'll need them! :D

Oh, and has anyone seen DH rules for starvation anywhere?  I've designed some of my own, but it occurred to me that there might already be some.

Worried yet?   ;)

R.