Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Dark Heresy VOIP Campaign

Started by precinctomega, April 26, 2010, 10:17:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

precinctomega

It's still on!  We'll have a technology test and introduction this evening, if I can get hold of everyone.

7.30pm.  Skype.  precinctomega.  If you want in, call me - I've contacted the three people I know for sure were wanting to do it, others are welcome either to join in, if time allows, or to listen - if they behave themselves!  There are bound to be some tech challenges, so this evening is to iron them out and only have some play time if the opportunity presents itself.

R.

precinctomega

First session happened and went pretty well I thought.

I deliberately kept things short to ease us all into the swing of things, and ended the evening's events at a point that will make it possible for anyone else who wants to join us to do so next week. After that it will still be possible to join in at various points, but you will have to accept an existing NPC as your player character.

If you want to jump in, PM me.

R.

MarcoSkoll

It seemed to go well to me - it's the first VOIP RP I've done, so I've got no point of reference, but it seemed good.

Anyway, I've just finished going over the Skype recording and transcribing the basic details for later reference - given it's a fortnight between sessions, I'm planning to keep a set of notes to help keep me up to date with everything. (Going over it again to transcribe it will also help my recall.)
I'd be happy to make the notes available to others if they want (as long as they don't complain about my guesses at spelling words I've heard only across VoIP) - if it helps keep people up to speed and save time on recaps at the start of every session, that's great.

I think Google Wave was suggested as a possible way of maintaining a campaign record (which would be pretty perfect, as everyone could make corrections/additions), but all I know of Wave is that it's being turned into other things. Any suggestions?

Also, I will forward you those character notes Robey, just as soon as I've neatened them up and filled in a few of the blanks...

EDIT: Oh yeah, one other thing. The recording I've got seems to imply that I'm sometimes quite as loud as I think I'm being. Was I hard to hear at times, or is it just lying to me?
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

precinctomega

You were recording that?  Cool!

I'll look into Google Wave.  Not sure what they're doing with it at the moment.

R.

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: precinctomega on January 07, 2011, 12:21:32 PMYou were recording that?  Cool!
Yeah, it's a fairly simple plugin that makes an MP3 file of the conversation for me. Kinda useful for someone who fails to take notes as they go along.

Anyway, the transcript is now up on the Wave, so anyone who needs to refresh their memories can do so.

GW's =I= articles

precinctomega

Just a quick note to remind players that we are on for Thursday, 20th. We should be joined by two new players which will make the game full for now.

Others are welcome to listen in.

R.

MarcoSkoll

Severe apologies to all the players who had to tolerate the replacement GM last night - he's only been in five sessions of DH so far and had all of two hours to write his first script for the game. (He also sucks at doing character voices.)

Normal service will hopefully be restored next fortnight.

To give context so this doesn't read like Robey is some sort of antagonist - he had a schedule problem and forwarded his session notes to Stormgrad, but the group as a whole voted to delay so Robey could GM it himself. So instead I ran a session I had started writing when Stormgrad started getting worried that the e-mail with Robey's notes had been lost in the system.
The notes did arrive in time, but I had most of a session written by then. So hopefully my "winging it" provided an entertaining enough two and a half hours.

GW's =I= articles

precinctomega

Huge thanks to Dave for stepping in.  The upshot is that my preparatory notes for the next session are unusually well fleshed-out.

@radcount - you now need to delete that file I sent you. No reading ahead!

R.

Stormgrad

big thanks to dave who ran an entertaining session in lieu of Robeys regular service it was fun and i get the feeling i might be using the autopistol more (point blank range + Full auto = lots of death). In Regards to Robeys notes, an incredibly well written session that im whole heartedly looking forward too playing in. I deleated them last night robey but it does seem good

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: precinctomega on March 18, 2011, 07:18:17 AMThe upshot is that my preparatory notes for the next session are unusually well fleshed-out.
Well, it should also save it needing to be done when you publish the campaign notes (I think you were talking about that, anyway).

On a DH note, I've been looking at the Errata - and I wish I'd looked at it before. I may have to buy Unremarkable now it's a Rank 1 Talent for Assassins.
(And I am so using my Hunting Rifle more, with those new rules for "Accurate".)

GW's =I= articles

Stormgrad

I will be speaking to all those involved on saturday (hurrah) but im planning on running a RT campaign via skype on the alternate week to robeys there will be 5 places and first dibs go to the guys from Robeys DH game however Rich Lampitt has already told me that he wont be able to make it so that currently leaves 1 open space

Those of you interested please send me a forum PM and i will get back to you either tomorrow or sunday (2 guesses as to why im unavailable on saturday)

so far Marco has told me he would like to be involved and i would idealy like to get started 3 weeks from today at 19:30pm gmt which puts us starting at aproximatley the 17th

precinctomega

I would love to do an RT campaign but sadly my evenings are already over-full.  I was hoping that someone (Dave?) might take over my Thursday night for the next adventure and let me pick up a PC.

R.

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: precinctomega on March 24, 2011, 09:53:33 PMI was hoping that someone (Dave?) might take over my Thursday night for the next adventure and let me pick up a PC.
I don't mind GMing (although the people who were in last week's session can tell you I need practice...), but I'm not quite sure what you mean by that.

- I run the next session and you use one of the current NPCs?

- After the Holy Blood adventure is done, I run the next set of adventures for our protagonists? (Which could be a problem if there are any details I need to know as the GM, but am yet to find out as a player and will have to subsequently "forget".)

- After the Holy Blood adventure is done, we start a second set of PCs which I GM?

GW's =I= articles

Stormgrad

Well im just sketching things out now and the alternate thursday idea was just a thought but if people want to say a different night in the week, Ive already worked a brief overview of a story split into about 13 parts and each part should take 2/3 sessions to cover, Lots of space and ground based combat and plenty of trade and negotiation as well as a dive into the criminal underbelly of RT.

3 out of the 13 parts tho are easily worked through as ive designed them to run as background endeavours that go on while your off doing your other doings.

precinctomega