Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Dark Heresy VOIP Campaign

Started by precinctomega, April 26, 2010, 10:17:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarcoSkoll

Our Things someone should really make list now includes "The Master of Ferrets", joining the Grimdark Mini Cooper and... I'm sure there's at least one other, but it escapes me.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Koval

The Hover Espace? The Primarchs band with Dorn on vocals and Guilliman on lead guitar (taking centre-stage like Tony Iommi did with Sabbath)? It must've been one of those two.

MarcoSkoll

No, it predates that.

But both the "Hover Espace" and "The Horus Hear'Say" would be interesting.

GW's =I= articles

MarcoSkoll

Finally people start listening to the hints I've been putting around about Alyx's identity.

Also, "Accurate" weapons are brutal when they get a good hit roll. The extra damage for enough degrees of success - damn.

GW's =I= articles

Koval

Stirling's background as resident nurse to the Korvestans is coming together...

MarcoSkoll

Indeed, much background is coming to light. I think I actually need to go and read up on the specifics of mine though, given I wrote it back in 2010 and I've not had to use a lot of it this far.*

Same thing with the grapnel gun and drop harness - I've been lugging those things around since session 1, unused until last night. But I did finally get to play at being Batman. (Shame I couldn't save Stirling the climb as well, but Alyx hasn't got a chance of carrying someone else. She's tiny**)

*I'm sure you've got theories on who she actually is. And they might be right.
**Height is its own odd roleplaying challenge for me. I'm so used to being taller than most people that I frequently mess up my mental picture of scenes as a result.

GW's =I= articles

almundis

Hey guys i know that its been a few months since you sent a shout out for anyone wanting to get in on these skype games but I was wondering If i  might be able to get in on the action at some point. I know im new to the game somewhat and completely 'fresh off the boat' to this forum but im really eager to start playing some INQ RP, and there dont seem to be anyone locally. I'd happily take on a discarded character or make my own ( I have a teleporting assassin in mind currently...)

what say you?

Van Helser

I think we could involve another player without upsetting the applecart numbers-wise, but we are about halfway into the current DH adventure.  The RT adventure isn't quite so far advanced though.  With a bit of fudging I think I could get you into the DH adventure.  The RT adventure is Rich's baby, though he may be along shortly...

What sort of character were you thinking of playing in DH?  At the moment we have an Assassin, a Guardsman, a Psyker, an Adept and a Cleric, all about level 3-4.  Filling in the gaps in our spread of archetypes (Arbitrator, Scum, Techpriest) would be desirable but not an absolute necessity.  The world we're currently on is an Imperial World (a fairly low tech Agri World), so the whole spread of archetypes would be available if he/she is a citizen.  By pure chance we're about to enter a city that's full of off-worlders, so there is potential for meeting folk from elsewhere.

Ruaridh

Heroka Vendile

Quote from: almundis on June 29, 2012, 09:28:42 AM( I have a teleporting assassin in mind currently...)
As it happens our resident psyker has become something of a teleporting-assassin type. As Ruaridh says though, if you can commit to the Thursday night schedule your more than welcome to join in.

Do you access to the DH rulebook and/or any of its supplements? By no means essential to joining, but helpful to know.
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

almundis

Well at the minute I am visiting my folks in france and wont get home until tuesday evening. But i should be able to get my hands on a copy of the book when I get back to blighty. As for a class, I'm not sure. Quite like the idea of being some kind of hive scum but offworlders might add a bit of spice.... so in short no idea :) but I'm certain that once i start having a read through the DH book all sorts of wierd n (hopefully) wonderful ideas will start forming. I'll do my best to get some kind of character done and emailed by weds so you can have a look at it an decide if anything should be added or taken away.

As for the thursday night thing, i have just finished uni for the yea`r and am unemployed for now, so time is a commodoty i have  ;D

MarcoSkoll

Hive scum would have to be an off-worlder, given we're on an Agri-world.

Regarding character choice, and I know I should be less selfish than this, as the group's current assassin, I have to say I'd prefer it if I didn't find myself competing against the teleporting assassin concept. There's not many opportunities for me to be a sneaky bitch as it is.

I won't veto it, but you'd probably integrate better if you weren't competing for the role of an established character. Scum would be fine though.

Whatever you do, it would be worth discussing a few of the basics through with our GM (or one of our veterans) first though.
It's going to be almost impossible to run up a viable ~4000 XP character with no play experience - from scratch, you simply don't know which skills are the vital ones for your character, the ones that should exist in the group as a whole (and probably already do) and which are less needed.

GW's =I= articles

Koval

4000? Stirling started with 2000, so I'm gonna petition bonus EXP if we're slinging numbers like that around.

Almundis, keep in mind that Dark Heresy and Inquisitor are two completely different systems with different foci. You basically start off right down the bottom of the pile as something like a Guard conscript or low-end ganger. Powerful stuff exists largely in the realms of a different system, although there's potential at higher levels to improve, to the point that Dark Heresy: Ascension sees things like Storm Troopers or Death-Cult Assassins. So if you're used to Inquisitor X And Friends running around doing their bit as they would in Inquisitor, you'll probably have to lower your expectations a bit.

That said, I'm not against you jumping on board -- far from it, the more the merrier -- but I would like to be sure that you're aware of what 40KRP actually entails, as I've run enough games where people have been turned off by the fact that they're not all-powerful from the word go, and have to earn all those awesome abilities the hard way. Usually it's the guys that pick psykers, although I've seen some rather put-out assassins as well who didn't see that "actually, you're good enough for someone to want to use your talents, but you're not actual Inquisition material just yet".

Ruaridh -- incoming PM

MarcoSkoll

I can only remember how much XP Alyx has (at present, 4300 + 50), but I know she's the most experienced character - having the most punctual player* means she's always been there to collect her XP (although I couldn't get in on the RPing XP while I was the GM).

It will be that the other characters aren't quite so well off for XP, but I can't remember how much less. So maybe you should ask Ruaridh if you can have some more.

*To the point that I've missed (or, rather, had to cancel) ONE session since the start, and that was because my dog had just had a violent fit and the internet kept crashing anyway. Even when boating around the canal network, I've logged on via mobile broadband.

GW's =I= articles

almundis

don't worry i'm not expecting to throw a space marine in the mix. As a bit of an fti i have played in a variety of rpgs, most of which based on whfb, hbosted on asrai.org and druchii.net. No point RPing a god character. I'm even happy to start from the base exp (which for now ill assume is 2000xp?)  and go from there. Imight be a bit sluggish off the go but i generally pick stuff up quickly (in a non-arrogant way)

and as for the scum (not wanting to tread on another assassins toes, i know far better than to risk the needle gauntlet :) ) I was thinking a vagabond stowaway, particularly handy with a blade and an abid cigarillo smoker/ but as i said, i will come up with fleshy details once i have a proper review of the DH book.
\
side not: having done a bit of research into the 40krp the main difference to =][= is that there is a more stringent set of rules on what you can take as equipment but ive never been `a power gamer, hence why my dark elves still lose with the new(ish) book :P

Koval

Well, just going from memory, we already have:

-Alyx, our group's assassin, who has expensive guns but whose stats, Marco informs me, favour being up-close
-Novus, a psyker, who also happens to be a teleporting assassin
-Stirling, my former Officio Medicae adept who seems to have made a niche for himself as both the group's driver* and the group's medic**
-Guilliman, a Guardsman who knows how to read a map as well as shoot people
-Ernst, our cleric, who has an unfortunate habit of getting his face broken

*A pure coincidence that I also happen to be the group's pilot in Rogue Trader.

**I just realised that with my latest skill purchase, I'm now rolling for Medicae tests at +40...