Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Dark Heresy VOIP Campaign

Started by precinctomega, April 26, 2010, 10:17:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Koval

double

Hopefully we'll have Ruaridh back this week for a session. Maybe? I've been brewing ideas like a madman making moonshine in his shed...

MarcoSkoll

New for "The list of things that someone should really make (TM)" is the Tea-Urn Servitor.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Quickdraw McGraw

Good news is before we even begin construction of the Tea-Servior, we now know of one defect that would most definitely warrant a product recall...Demon possession!   :P   ;D

Every time I see a math word problem in the warp it looks like this: 

If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 apples. How many pancakes will fit on the roof?

Answer:  Purple because Tyranids don't wear hats.   :P

MarcoSkoll

GW's =I= articles

Quickdraw McGraw

Very clever that!  It pays to read the "fine print".   ;)

I have this awful feeling I'm going to be crawling through a very large earthen tunnel sometime in the future.  I don't know why but my curiosity always gets the best of me.  I must know were the "homeless servitor" came from.   :P

I hope the next two weeks fly by so we can find out.

josh
Every time I see a math word problem in the warp it looks like this: 

If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 apples. How many pancakes will fit on the roof?

Answer:  Purple because Tyranids don't wear hats.   :P

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: Quickdraw McGraw on October 26, 2012, 01:54:24 AMI have this awful feeling I'm going to be crawling through a very large earthen tunnel sometime in the future.
Alyx has an awful feeling she's going to have to join you.

*Rolls dice*

Hmm, an 11 for her Wp test. She might just about agree to that - it seems the initial shock has worn off a bit. Might have been the chance to get a good bath. (This is a character quirk I've been kicking around for a while, but thus far without an owner. So maybe.)

I should add, I hate fear tests. Both of my RP characters have a bad habit of failing them - despite the fact that Clepsydra is actually supposed to be a strong willed genengineered soldier.

GW's =I= articles

Koval

The "tunnel" is a more or less vertical drop, so not so much crawling as abseiling.

Koval

double

While I was on the train this morning I felt that the "Maxine" thing from last night needed a bit of clearing up.

Basically, Inquisitor Dessel is the current iteration of a character I've since developed a bit further from her previous several incarnations, and each of those has been called Maxine. Most recently prior to Dessel, I had a character called Maxine Delgardo that, at the very least, was predictable in her craziness -- you could at least count on her to find everything amusing (and to start flirting with everybody she met, a la Jack Harkness). This version is probably about the same level of crazy, but more infuriating :P

As a result, I kept referring to Dessel as "Maxine" in my notes for this campaign, so that I could keep track of the character's evolution. I've also referred to Carvolye and Greensail by names of older iterations as well, but those older names haven't had any reason to come up (Greensail, notably, is not a psyker, and Carvolye's no longer on NPC status).

So now I'm scouring Behind The Name for other M names.

EDIT: While I'm at it, the "what on earth" stuff was very deliberate, as Bishop Aleksei Venware informed you of the distinction between "Earth" (which is how the locals know their own planet) and "Emperor's Earth".

Heroka Vendile

I'm back in play again as of this week   :)
I expect a full run-down of everything to have happened in my absence  :P
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

MarcoSkoll

What point were you up to? I can't remember what we were doing when you were last with us.

GW's =I= articles

Heroka Vendile

we were in the cathedral having chatted with a priest - in the first settlement we reached.
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

MarcoSkoll

Right... well, checking my notes:

~~~~~

The chat with the Bishop (who we later found out was called Aleksei Venware, to add to our collection of people with the same name) continued for a while.

The "Cataclysm" which Zaan had saved the people from was described as falling stars, large meteors, believed to be the rise of hell... sort of the classic fire and brimstone apocalypse scenario.
Zaan is supposed to have stopped the rising panic and infighting by reminding the people of their faith, and the Apocalypse passed those protected. The saint generally restores civilisation (a list of cities: Mazelvis, Aberash, Tysole - although probably misspelt) and is "carried back into heaven".

This is about 1100 local years ago (the local year being longer, this doesn't conflict with the 2000 year date we already had).

There's apparently a collection of Thrones in the grand cathedral at Aberash. The coins of the saint, while holy relics, remain legal tender as to not disrespect their nature.

The bishop leads us to the tea house nearby, where our various less pious allies are already drinking tea and eating cake.
Except it turns out the answer to my question as regards whether this was the "special" cake (such as one might find in the Netherlands) turns out to be "why not?".
Interrogator Greensail ends up a little bit the worse for the wear as a result of the newly rechristened "space cake".

The Bishop suggests the Cartographer's shop as a good place to go if we want to get a better idea of the lay of the land and the general nature of the city.

The planetary governor in the "Big white house" is Veneris Hall III, apparently less pious (and thus less popular with the bishop) than his forebear, Hantor.

At which point, we get interrupted by some kind of cross between a tramp and a servitor (with literally burning eye sockets and quite an odour), standing menacingly over one of the noblemen in the cafe, reciting various loops of "They are coming, It is coming, We are coming, They are coming and they are here".

We're not very pleased about having tea time interrupted (either that or Carvolye decided to get noble), so a general fight ensues. Dessel shoots Trooper Carvolye in the back with her bolt pistol (well, more wings him) in the mess, slaps Stirling (I think it was Stirling) for trying to stop her doing it again, but is finally talked down by Ernst. Guilleman comes in handy rescuing the somewhat catatonic Greensail, Trooper Rhommel sets it on fire with an Inferno round.

The burning "thing" issuing its dying statement of "You are nothing, you have been found wanting" involves Alyx nastily failing a fear test and running out.
Ernst puts the burning corpse out by ripping a tea urn off the wall (passing his strength test, yet again!) to dowse it.

Alyx finally collects herself and comes back to help "clean up" - which mostly involved suggesting that someone else wrap the corpse in a tablecloth and carry it out.

Our "rear" exit (heading for the hotel that Dessel apparently bought out every room in) has Alyx find the sewer entrance the thing came up through. She steals Carvolye and descends to investigate - very unwillingly given her earlier shock, I add, but as she's the character trained and equipped for tracking things through dark tunnels, she didn't have much choice.

It's left claw marks where it's climbed all over the walls and ceiling, so she tracks its path quite easily. We reach a door after a few turns.
Alyx carves a hole through its rotten wood quite easily, but sees nothing but an opposite wall. Fortunately deciding not to have Carvolye charge the door down, we open it to find there's no floor in the room. There should have been, but it's rather absent, apparently eaten away by a organic looking tunnel leading straight down.

Alyx declines to go further at this point, so we return to meet with our companions (and have a bath, Trooper Carvolye with his rubber ducky. I decided a stormtrooper's rubber ducky was probably like this.)

We get the debrief from Knell on the servitor thing. It's got some sort of glowing, arcane and likely tainted power supply and its blood has hardened (likely post mortem) to a rubber like substance - apparently, its life span after being turned on was probably measurable in hours.
It was variously described as a failed attempt to create a False Man or a golem (fortunate, then, that this was a DH game, not an RT game, as 'Sydra wouldn't have taken so kindly to such terms).

Alyx later got visited by Gerald Blacksail (no relation to Greensail), the nobleman from the tea house (who'd apparently tracked us down through Dessel's weird purchases and one of his disgruntled acquaintances that got kicked out). We got a quick run down...

- The upper classes in general have been assailed by weird events, although not necessarily the same.
- The city Tysol has apparently gone missing/is deserted (I'm not sure which, I think it may have been conflicting reports).
- And there's a burning city (mirage) near Mateselvian.

We were invited to a meeting of the Philosophical society, provided some measure of discreetness comes into play (i.e. leave certain individuals behind, probably a good idea not to turn up in full combat gear...), such that we could talk with some of the nobility about the matter.

Oh, and Blacksail's daughter apparently has a thing for Guilleman (handsome guardsman that he is)

~~~~~

I think that's the most of it. We've not had too many sessions, as Ruaridh has been away a couple of weeks as well.

Other news is we've gained another new recruit that Koval found on 40KO, Benis. He'll be playing a high ranking arbitrator, at least for the moment.

GW's =I= articles

Koval

To clarify, the city names are Matselvis (in the rather unimaginatively named region of Matselvium), Aberash (you got this one right), Vauntevillia (where you are now) and Taesol (and the real OOC reason there are conflicting reports about it is because I was doing it all on the fly and my notes were all over the place)

MarcoSkoll

Oh dear, I'd completely failed to realise I was transcribing the several spellings in my notes (which are written fast, not well) across into the posts.

GW's =I= articles

Van Helser

I will be back online tomorrow too, and I don't expect to be missing any sessions up until Christmas (for the time being at least).  I do have to fit in a run and dinner after work finishes at six tomorrow, so may not quite make a 1930 start however.

Ruaridh