Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Dark Heresy VOIP Campaign

Started by precinctomega, April 26, 2010, 10:17:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarcoSkoll

I may be a bit later than normal to the session. Not that it makes a huge difference to how much gaming we'll get, I'm still writing the adventure.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

MarcoSkoll

To the contrary to what was said last night, I had enough leaps forward with the overall plot during my thinking this morning that I will hopefully be in a stage where I'll have enough of the story to do at least some of a session on Monday.
The advantage of that is it's the session with all the relevant players for the new PCs and NPCs, which should allow me to insert characterisations for them when I have to redo the intro on Thursday (assuming we actually have enough people to play on Thursday, unlike what would have happened last night).

Loose details of how to expect things to go so far are probably that Alyx, Ernst, Sir William and Pelagius Turlough (Koval's new character) will be running through a more political side of the plot on Thursdays; Guilliman, Novus (under Koval's control, for now) and Doyle Grizbain (Quickdraw's new character) will be assisted by Gala in running through the more "on the ground" side of the plot on Mondays.

The sooner everyone can send me up-to-date character sheets, the better.

EDIT: Whoops, not all of you have my e-mail. Take the spaces out of "Marco Robert Skoll", guess what the suffix might be for a dot-co-dot-uk hotmail address, then put it all together.
(I'm guessing that crawler bots aren't smart enough to figure that out and use it to send me yet more spam. Yet, at least.)

GW's =I= articles

Koval

Just to clarify, will we be doing anything this Monday? I'll be online if you fancy a bit of banter.

MarcoSkoll

I was indeed referring to this imminent Monday.

It might not be that long a session, as some of the precise details of the overall plot and setting are still in development, but I have rough details for most of it now. (And hopefully I'll have more of it written by tomorrow, too).
I'm sure I'll be forced into plenty of improvisation along the way anyway.

GW's =I= articles

MarcoSkoll

Hopefully that all went reasonably well and I didn't have to contrive things too much to split the party.

... or drive you potty with all my pre-scripted description sections. I never quite know whether I'm hitting the balance between too much description and not enough description.

Anyway, see those of you who are around on Thursday, where I'll do the first half of the session again. And for the second half of the session you'll get to find out more about what backstabbery is going on in the politics of the Maedan High Spire.

Or at least you will if I've finished writing the notes for that section. While I've got the basic plot structure sorted, I had to start from scratch last Monday (night) and hadn't even got the core of this idea sorted before Friday morning - so I'm rather writing at nineteen to the dozen trying to make sure details are in place in time!

GW's =I= articles

Quickdraw McGraw

Oh, yes things I believe everything went well.  I wouldn't worry so much about your methods of delivery, it's the content that of coarse the most important part.   :)

Every time I see a math word problem in the warp it looks like this: 

If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 apples. How many pancakes will fit on the roof?

Answer:  Purple because Tyranids don't wear hats.   :P

MarcoSkoll

I dunno. Even if the actual underlying story might have been the same, it would have made quite a difference if I had just described the Maedan High Spire as "totally bling, innit".

(Ideally, my delivery of the narration would be in the tones of someone like John Hurt, Patrick Stewart or Ian McKellen, but my impersonations are generally awful).

GW's =I= articles

Quickdraw McGraw

Quote from: MarcoSkoll on April 23, 2013, 05:39:27 PM
I dunno. Even if the actual underlying story might have been the same, it would have made quite a difference if I had just described the Maedan High Spire as "totally bling, innit".

Funny.  :P But I'm confident in the belief you wouldn't have been satisfied giving us that description.  However in my own mind I did jazz up the description of the hotel I found us.  With more color in the form of graffiti.  But of course it's gone by noon the next morning thinks to the tireless work of city custodians ( servitors).  ;)
Every time I see a math word problem in the warp it looks like this: 

If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 apples. How many pancakes will fit on the roof?

Answer:  Purple because Tyranids don't wear hats.   :P

MarcoSkoll

If people do want to propose such details as we go, I'm open to suggestions. Occasionally I will have to say no... sometimes because it conflicts with a relevant detail, sometimes just as a red herring so you don't assume a "no" means it's relevant, or sometimes just because I'm a git.

GW's =I= articles

Koval

So completely the opposite to the "why not?" approach, then :P

MarcoSkoll

I wouldn't say that. It is mostly a "why not" - I'm just building in more of a disclaimer for the times when my answer has to be "because X".

It's unlikely that minor details are likely to conflict with the main plot, but there are ways in which it could happen.

GW's =I= articles

Koval

My internet connection's been a bit spotty lately -- don't be surprised if I have even more trouble getting on than usual.

Revised version:

My internet connection's been flipping out constantly over the past couple of days -- don't be surprised if I can't even get onto Skype tomorrow.

Van Helser

Hi all.

Writing this at work while I have a chance. I think my participation is going to have to officially end for a few weeks. I am knee-deep in boxes at home ahead of moving house next week, and I don't know how quickly I'll get broadband set up in the new place. I suppose the timing isn't as bad as it could be, being that I haven't participated in this new adventure at all yet and hopefully won't be holding anything up. Do as you please with Ernst, with the caveat that his cassock must be bitchin' at all times.

Ruaridh

Koval

can't get online for more than five minutes at a time, no gaming for me tonight

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: Van Helser on April 25, 2013, 05:59:08 PMI think my participation is going to have to officially end for a few weeks.
Ah. I'm afraid that timing is actually pretty awful.

Sort of throws a huge chunk of the plot out of the window if I'm not going to reliably have enough players to run a session on Thursdays (seeing as Benis isn't always there).
In fact, it may even necessitate a complete re-write, seeing as the Monday and Thursday plots were interlinked and taking that context out would make it just sound like I'm pulling all the various reveals and complications out of my arse.

But with Koval as a second absentee, I guess there wouldn't've been a session tonight anyway.

GW's =I= articles