Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Interesting Source for Varied Bits

Started by Alyster Wick, May 11, 2010, 04:39:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alyster Wick

Stumbled across this and (though in 1/35th) I think a number of the bits would work wonderfully.  Especially check out the objects and detailing parts sections.  Pretty reasonably priced as well.

Daxam

Looks pretty cool. It has the one gun I was looking for quite a lot: the MG42, for a heavy stubber user.
I seek a perfection. I won't attain it. But it is a lofty enough goal for my ego.

Kaled

Quote from: Daxam on May 11, 2010, 06:30:06 AM
Looks pretty cool. It has the one gun I was looking for quite a lot: the MG42, for a heavy stubber user.
Bear in mind that actual 1/35 or even 1/32 weapons will not fit with the heroic scale weapons on Inquisitor models - they might work okay on 28mm models, but even then you'll probably find that they don't look right.  Other parts can work quite well though.

Here's a comparison of pistols from the Inquisitor and Necromunda ranges alongside a 54mm (1/32) one from Andrea;
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

JoelMcKickass

The Andrea one could be a sort of backup pistol. Sort of the way Bond has gone back to his smaller Walther so he can fit it into suit jackets without it being glaringly obvious, an Inquisitor (or one of hsi followers) who is trying to be visually appear unarmed may have one on him.

Flinty

Have to agree with Kaled having fallen into the trap of buying 1/32nd scale ''swaps'' that dont quite work myself. MG42's end up looking as though the barrel is about the size of a marker pen...

The scale pistols look more like a derringer or pepper box style thing to me - good for that dramatic and unexpected ability to remove your opponents nose at close quaters....
Neanderthal and Proud!

Kaled

Interestingly (or perhaps not) I once bought a cheap pack of 75mm hands (some of which were holding pistols) figuring that if 54mm hands were too small then 75mm ones might fit the heroic proportions of the Inquisitor range; and if the hands were too big then at least the pistols might be usable.  I was dismayed to find that the hands were too big and the pistols were still much smaller than Inquisitor ones.  Now, if I could just find some 60mm hands...
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

Aidan

Quote from: Flinty on May 12, 2010, 07:49:47 AM
Have to agree with Kaled having fallen into the trap of buying 1/32nd scale ''swaps'' that dont quite work myself. MG42's end up looking as though the barrel is about the size of a marker pen...

That might be because the barrel is about the size of a marker pen! Okay, a thick marker pen. Actually, the MG42 has got quite a wide barrel (with the cooling system or whatever it is) and for that reason I've actually incorporated part of one into a 54mm assault rifle! But I know what you mean. I have got quite a few 54mm models whose bodies are of a similar scale to the standard GW ones (though in correct proportions), but the guns they hold are tiny. Because we really overestimate the width of a gun barrel. But since we all love the oversized guns of the 41st millennium, true 1/32 scale ones are pretty much out.

Alyster Wick

I know the guns will be quite off, but there are little terrain tidbits that I think could work rather well (barrels, gas cans, etc).  Sometimes it's the little things (like the 40K poster printouts) that can really make a painted hunk of Styrofoam come to life.