Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Emperors Tartot in =I=

Started by Exokan, August 17, 2009, 05:46:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holiad

I think heroic and blind dumb luck both do well at representing the sort of subtle advantages of foresight the Emperor's Tarot might grant, but I think actually tracking a character would be too specific-I've always envisioned it more on a level of 'malign forces are at large', where a scanner effect is more 'he's waiting round the next corner with a boltgun'. It's also worth considering the psychological impact on faithful characters-regardless of the result, many of them will be a lot braver knowing that they have the holy guidance of the tarot on their side.
Poor noble Marech
Noone 'till the end could see
Your brave heart of fire

Myriad

As far as specific cards go, it can safely be assumed that there are innumerable different versions of the Tarot at large in the Imperium.  Space is big.

In game terms, I like the sagacity test to interpret them correctly.  I'd say they provide a warning of certain threats or features rather than a continuous effect - of course they could also warn of an explosion that won't happen for decades, or such.  Plain dumb luck is a good suggestion, as is GM discretion - I recommend placing them on a character who will be cut some slack.
I had better point out, that some of the clubs I represent are of a military bent.

You know what you are?  A plywood shark!