Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Inquisitor Gideon Sterne, Puritan Recongregator

Started by Gideon Sterne, August 11, 2009, 10:39:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kasthan

Quote from: Gideon Sterne on August 17, 2009, 11:08:42 PM
and is tattooed with pentagrammic and hexagrammic warding symbols.

she is wreathed in hexagrammic and pentagrammic wards.

carries hexagrammic wards.

As Marco says this is a tad repeatative. I understand the wish to make them appear more puritian and also have a good kick aganist p-powers/daemons but it is slight over kill.

You may want to look into Lectures on the Wych Pt-2. There is alot of anti psyker kit that would be more apporitate, for example Litanies of Spite; Tattoos that make a successful p-power Wp test be made again.

Have a read.

Inquisitor Cade

Good job with the revised pysical stats, though I'd describe the mental ones as on the high side, they are fairly exceptional even among Inquisitors, they could all be dropped bt 10 and would still be a better than average mental statline for an Inquisitor. I'd not go that far, but decide which stats are mostimportant to him (I'd guess Nv from his battle gear, and Ld because he has several Acolytes) and keep them high (maybe not quite as high as they are) but reduce the others into the mid 70's.

I'll repeat what I said about the autopistol, that you should have a lokk at Marco Skoll's revised Inquisitor armoury, at the smg's. How do you invision the weapon? Like a less bulky evesor pistol woth a more bulky needler atatchment (see machine pistols), or a bigger, almost basic weapon like the regular or heavy smg's?
On the subject of his kit, I'd bring back the power knife. His Ws is now resaonable so he won't go dominating the board with it. I agree with the excessivness of the wards and would echo Kasthan's suggestions. I'd also offer Word of the Emperor up for contemplation.

The phisical stats for Alice Darque are good from a balance point of view. Without any sort of backstory there is no way to speak on their appropriateness for the character, but they are about right for a high level Acolyte. Again I'd hold off a bit on the mental stats, where high 70's are good going for a fully flegded Inquisitor.

I might suggest an anointed weapon instead of a power halberd, or even making her a weak psyker and making it a force halberd, but then again there is nothing inapproapriate about the power weapon, and the reasonable weapon skill will help to balance it's effects. The full suit of carapace is quite powerful but again, both sets of wards are too much, it's not like the band are witch / daemon hunters primarily is it?

Truly's physical stats are if anything too low for her to be acepted as an acolyte  (though there could be extenuating circumstaances revealed in the background (and also I hope an explanation for her name). He mental stats are a lot more impressive, I'd be interested to know her backstory behind them too.
Is her compact stubber taken from the revised Inquisitor armoury, or is it just a descriptive word without the rules conotations?
*Insert token witticism*

Gideon Sterne

I actually didn't mean to leave the Hexagrammic Wards on Truly...! It was cut-and-paste gone wrong, I'm afraid.

Plus since posting her I've rethought her character a little and finalised the model. She now uses a seven-round revolver, rather than the stub pistol/hand flamer combo, as I felt that the flame-thrower was probably a little OTT for a medic-type character!

The reason both Inquisitor and Interrogator have hexa- and penta-grammic wards is simple: it'd be mental not to use them. their job description is to seek out and destroy psykers (or to use them/send them to the black ships etc), and psykers have a really nasty habit of, well, using psychic powers or, worse, summoning/being possessed by Daemons. It's for that reason that the Inquisitor spent two and a half years on a highly intricate and arcane ritual of tattooing and scarification across his whole body - with the exception of his head, neck, and hands - in order to protect himself from Daemons and psykers to the best of his ability, and why he called in favours to ensure his chosen successor's armour was blessed, sanctified, and wreathed in purity seals that ward against the powers of the warp in most of their forms.

Everyone else, however, is more expendable and doesn't ... require ... that level of time or expense.

As far as the stats go, I'm happy with them as they stand.

On to weapons!

The autopistol/needler is the Eversor's Xyclos Needler, but I think it makes a wonderful silenced autopistol in the style of the fully automatic Berettas. The needler chamber is so big, I can't imagine it holding so little toxins, crystallising agents, or what-have-you as to provide just four (!) darts; and in any case having only four rounds is next to useless unless they're explosive, which these aren't.

I now have a fair balance of weaponry - an autopistol (silenced), a laspistol and a revolver coupled with a fighting knife, a halberd of some sort and a hand-and-a-half sword.

I'm tempted to anoint the halberd, rather than make it a power weapon, but the point behind Alice Darque is that she's the imposing, 'classic Inquisitor' who makes contact with those who call in the Inquisition, leading them to believe she's an Inquisitor and who attracts all the attention. Meanwhile, Sterne inserts himself into the shadows and works from them, safe in the knowledge that no-one pays attention to a pilgrim - but a 6' 4" amazon in golden armour wielding a halberd taller than her that crackles with barely-contained energy, well, that's a whole lot of attention anyway, and that's before you add in the fact she advertises her status as 'Inquisitor'... ;)

So I'm quite happy with them as they stand. Any extra thoughts, ideas, things I'm missing?

Oh - I'd happily read the 'Lectures on the Wych' articles, but I've no idea where to find them.

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: Gideon Sterne on August 18, 2009, 11:54:00 PMOh - I'd happily read the 'Lectures on the Wych' articles, but I've no idea where to find them.
If it's an old GW Inquisitor article, it can(probably) be found in the link in my signature.
Also, the same links can be found in the sticky topic at the top of this forum section, which saves you having to track down my signature.

The best option is probably downloading the whole bulk ZIP pack. Lots of fun.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Gideon Sterne

Found 'em. Thanks, Marko. Helluva lot of files...!

Having read through the article (Lectures... 2), I'll be swapping Darque's wards for Inscribed Carapace Armour. Fits what I had in mind about a hundred times better, which is kinda handy.

Doubt I'll make any other changes than that, however, although time will tell.

Inquisitor Cade

Are you going to give us backgrounds on the characters? It would be useful in helping us understand how things like the high mental stats are justified. For example many hereticus recongregators put reforming governments first, so we didn't assume that he was so dedicated a witch hunter.

As the eversor's pistol is a bolt pistol it would be worth a bit of converting. I'd just put a different barrel on it or something. I'd call it a heavy machine pistol from the armoury. Also the eversor needler holds 18 rounds in the rules for him, so about 20 is right.

Did you see the litanies of spite wargear, as it sounds like just what you are after with the tatoos.
*Insert token witticism*