Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

New Characters ("Feral" guardsmen)

Started by Chipperz, June 05, 2010, 02:25:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chipperz

OK, I've made up a new team, primarily as NPCs for my Inq28 Campaign, but also because a run of unreliable players means that I have to play more often than not.  These four are humans that live on a world that was used as a dumping ground before and during the Dark Age of Technology, and have access to STCs, archaeotech and all other goodies.  They are also not Imperial, but the planet trades with nearby worlds for Imperial tech (because trading for a hundred Lasguns is more practical than trying to dig for a hundred working archaeotech death rays) the main upshot of this is that they are not censored, and will give all of their children a full education that is rarely seen in Imperial space.

Models will follow when I find a decent digital camera...

New Messiccan Hunter Team

The New Messiccans of the Haiel tribe have been hit hard by the battle between the Orks and the Imperial forces.  As one of the smaller tribes on the planet, they do not have the resources to simply move, or to fight directly to keep their lands safe.  To this end, the Shamans and the elders decided to form a hunting team of the tribe's greatest warriors to do anything in their power to divert the Imperium and the Greenskins from fighting in their area.

"Papa" Ayan'haiel

Papa is the leader of the Haiel warrior caste.  Tremendously fit for his advanced years (almost fifty), he is still a consummate fighter but nowhere near the combatant he once was.  His skills truly lie in the art of leadership, where his status as a tribal war hero and his ability to laugh in the face of danger make him an inspiration to those he leads.

Ws - 51
Bs - 63
S - 54
T - 55
I - 58
Wp - 68
Sg - 59
Nv - 82
Ld - 81
Speed - 4

Skills – Heroic, Leader, Quickload

Equipment – Lasgun (Mars Pattern), Sword, Flak Armour (Chest, Abdomen, Groin and Legs)

Shaman "Thunderhead" Nik'haiel

A young and impetuous member of the Shaman caste, Thunderhead is renowned for finding his first working archaeotech at the age of eight and having it working properly by the age of ten (despite losing his right eye in the process).  As one of the few members of the tribe to have a confirmed Ork kill, he has been allowed out of the safety of the settlement to find new technology to help the tribe.  While he is nominally in charge of the expedition, he defers to Papa on everything that isn't to do with archaeotech.

Ws -54
Bs - 61
S - 52
T - 54
I - 72
Wp - 78
Sg - 63
Nv - 78
Ld - 78
Speed - 5

Skills - Medic

Equipment – Archaeotech "Death Staff" (Counts as a Xenarch Death-Arc that can only fire once a turn, a staff that is immune to Power Weapon damage and a Conversion Field.  Shooting is a risky action that results in him shooting himself in the arm), Sword, Frag Grenade, Flak Armour (Chest, Abdomen, Groin and Legs)

"Scales" Polik'haiel

"Scales" got his name from the skin mutation he suffers, giving him a fine layer of sickly green scales over his entire body.  While it looks painful, he either ignores or doesn't feel it, and is no less a competent sniper for it.  As one of the tribes hunters, it is his job to keep the tribe safe from the mutants that occasionally come down from the mountains to ravage the lowlands.  He sees it as a natural extension of his job to fight all the alien invaders that have come to his world, and is by far one of the most ruthless fighters on the team.

Ws – 49
Bs - 82
S - 52
T - 53
I - 67
Wp - 67
Sg - 65
Nv - 81
Ld - 71
Speed - 4

Skills – Deadeye Shot

Equipment – Long las with Laser Sight, Sword, 2 Smoke Grenades, Flak Armour (Chest, Abdomen, Groin and Legs)

"Steelhide" Kaya'haiel'musha

Steelhide is a direct descendant of the ancient Musha tribe, a tribe that, in the legends, was started by a golem that had won it's freedom and a human mind.  Even after centuries of mingling with humans, the Musha are visibly taller and wider than those around them, and show only muted emotions at best.  They are also cursed with the golem's need to serve, and are used across the planet as bodyguards.  Steelhide was placed with Thunderhead at the formation of the hunting party to protect him.  As a being dedicated to Thunderhead's survival, he is capable of great feats of physical and mental strength while Thunderhead is alive, but if he is believed to be in danger, his anguish at failure becomes a liability.

Ws - 81
Bs - 58
S - 61
T - 57
I - 68
Wp - 69
Sg - 58
Nv - 84
Ld - 83
Speed - 4

Skills – Fast Draw, Guardian (Steelhide gets Force of Will, Heroic, Nerves of Steel and True Grit while Thunderhead is still conscious.  He loses these as soon as Thunderhead is taken out of action and must dedicate the rest of the game to getting Thunderhead out of the battle.

Equipment – Chainsword, Electrified Sword (Sword, but with the Shock rule), Metal Shield, 2 Smoke Grenades, Flak Armour (Chest, Abdomen, Groin, Left Arm and Legs)
Proud devotee to Mork.  Or the Emperor.  Whichever one doesn't get me killed.

Shannow

I don't really have anything to say thats constructive, I just thought that the backgrounds and stories for all of them were really good and will make for interesting playing I think. Look forward to seeing models!
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.