Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Inquisitor Helios Locke

Started by Locke, August 12, 2009, 11:17:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Locke

Hey all, this is a character ive been thinkin up for the past few weeks. Im terribly slow at finding models so i have yet to find one that i think would suit this guy. He is the first of three characters ill post in the next little while. My group plays at mostly conclave power levels incase anyone is wondering.

Inquisitor Helios Ariss Locke
A quiet Inquisitor, little is known of his past. He bears many tribal tattoos, and it is believed by those few that are close to him that he was once a great tribal warrior before he became an acolyte to Inquisitor Godric Northvegr the fourth. At just under seven feet tall Helios is known for being quite brutish and upfront for an inquisitor, preferring close combat over longer range fighting, though he does wield one of the rare Lazarus double-barrelled hellpistols with brutal effeciency. His preferred weapon is his exceedingly rare powerfist variant, manufactured on the now destroyed forgeworld of Vismark. He is a staunch recongregator, often using his acolyte Wolfgang Faust to portray a growing cults leader and himself the cults chosen champion.

He takes great pride in the change that he instills in mankind, believing that mankind must force change to become stronger. He follows this in a literal sense too in that he has undergone forbidden operations to increase his musculature and strength. However there are whispers that he has a began to develop a taste for these sort of forbidden operations, and that he has been blackmailed by techpriests to due their bidding on more than one occasion...

WS - 79
BS - 56
S - 82
T - 68
I - 70
WP - 64
SG - 69
NV - 70
LD - 58
Speed - 5

Right-handed

Equipment: Lazarus Pattern Hellpistol with one reload; Flak armour on chest, abdomen, groin, and legs; Vismark Powerfist; two Frag Grenades

Special Rules: Dodge, Furious Assault.

Vismark Powerfist
Reach - 1
Damage - 2D10
Parry Penalty - -20

C&C are welcome.

Adlan

Looks good to me, nice background ready to be expanded upon in a campaign, rules seem good.

I'd like to seem more on his method's. Does he establish or take over chaotic or subversive cults and then use this as an excuse to remove ineffective people from power? Does he establish loyal cults that overthrow older regimes with new, more effective ones?

I also have a hard time imagining what body modifications would be barred to an inquisitor, although I really like the idea of him being almost an addict to them (like a tattoo addict), and it's a brilliant plot hook. Will it lead him to deamonic ritual, will it lead him to control by nefarious tech priests? Very nice.

I hope the model will be suitably tall. You can add height to some of the model's quite easily, if you are willing to do a bit of sculpting.

Inquisitor Cade

Nice character, interesting background, well thought out and justified stats, original equipment and not too many abilities.

What is the profile of the hell pistol, if you make it too weak I'll have found something to dissagree with in this character, other than the lack of model.

Keep them coming, do we get to see Faust next.
*Insert token witticism*

Kaled

Quote from: Adlan on August 12, 2009, 12:08:14 PM
I also have a hard time imagining what body modifications would be barred to an inquisitor
I was wondering that too - Imperial medical science is pretty advanced and bionics, cloned body parts and various augmentations are common.  Maybe something xenos related?  Or perhaps with a possible warp-taint?
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

Tullio

Sounds pretty interesting - I'm not sold on the Power Fist/Furious Assault combo though. It's an extremely nasty combination and not one I'd be eager to face in a game

Tullio

Adlan

He is pretty nasty in Hand to hand, but, he's weak at shooting, the combination makes sense, and I'd either get the drop on him, or do my best to avoid combat.

I'd love to face him in a game.

Locke

Well thank you guys for the replies. For those of you who think he is a little nasty, he will only be partnered with a rather weak character against other groups of 3 or 4.

Now he has infiltrated cults and organizations that have already been established but he prefers to start his own under his own rules and principles. Over throwing the current leadership with his cults more suitable replacements is what he does best, but its not the only way he does things.

About the enhancements and operations he has had, im the kind of gamer that likes to leave small things like this upto ones imagination. I find that sometimes explanations take away the mystery, and I deffinately like an element of mystery in my games. Also I could use this as a potential plot hook later, as maybe aliens angered he is using their tech, or he becomes corrupt.

Yes Faust is next he should be up in a few hours, and the final character is the antagonist of my next campaign who I hope to use someday to play out his younger years.

Locke

So this is Faust, the only person that accompanies Locke majority of the time

Interrorgator Wolfgang Faust
Wolfgang was little more than a pretty boy bartender when he joined the Free Peoples of Asil Minor, a growing cult that was working to topple the corrupt planetary governor. Wolfgang was found to be incredibly charasmatic and gained incredible favour with the cult leaders. Many people would follow his orders to the word just to appease him. After the corrupt governor had a grenade placed gently in his mouth, the leaders of Asil were replaced. Many thought that Wolfgang would become the new governor, but it was not to be. Inquisitor Locke had had his eye on Wolfgang for quite a while and so seeing him not as the superior type of man the Imperium needs, but something more. Locke offered Faust a potential chance to change the face of the galaxy by assisting him in starting revolutions across the Domain of Man. Faust hastily agreed, finding pleasure and pride in what he does for his fellow mankind. He recently has started to see the effects of his age(44) so he has taken to cosmetic surgery to make him retain his beauty that has helped convince so many people to his cause. Wolfgang is not the greatest warrior or the straighest shot, but he can weave words into sentences that can make a million men fight.

WS - 45
BS - 43
S - 52
T - 54
I - 48
WP - 73
SG - 62
NV - 49
LD - 81
Speed - 4

Equipment: Voice thrower, laspistol with reload, staff and thin robes covering his body(AV1)

Special Rules: Demagogue, Word of the Emperor

Inquisitor Cade

My first thought is, that while it is very restrained of you to give him such conservative stats, the man is supposed to be in training to become an Inquisitor. Especialy as his master is an 'action man' rather than a 'book worm' I doubt he'd grant him the rank of inquisitor unless he could hold his own in some sort of fight without fleeing.

I'll have a more detailed look in the morning.
*Insert token witticism*

Inquisitor Cade

So yeah, as I was saying last night, If this guy is an Acolyte, then the Inquisitor must think he is potentialy worthy of being and Inquisitor himself. If the Inquisitor was a backgrounds kind of guy, who manipulates but very rarely gets involved himself, he might not put that much importance on martial prowess, but as a tribal warrior, powerfist weilding kind of guy, I wouldn't have thought that he would overlook ineptitude in that area. Just the other day I posted a very similar character, Pious Philemon, who had agitator, word of the Emperor and Ws and Bs in the 50's. He isn't worthy of being an interrogator though.

I'd give Faust a decent Bs, 60's or something, a slightly more respectable Ws, maybe high 50's, and a Nv of around 60. It might be interesting to make him more intellegent than his master too.

Kit wise, if Locke can infiltrate as cult champion with a powerfist and exotic pistol, then I'd have thought that Faust could have something equivalent as cult leader. I'd reccomend a chain weapon of some kind, as they are common enough, and either a better pistol (bolt, plasma, hand flamer for example) or give him a basic weapon, a pump-action combat shotgun with lots of fun ammo (see the revised Inquisitor armoury), a lasgun or an autogun/carbine/SMG.
*Insert token witticism*

Locke

hmmm keen observations

perhaps i can add that Faust is still seen as a work in progress in the eyes of Locke. Seeing as he has yet to become skilled in combat. I was thinking of giving him a hand flamer and then maybe making rules for a chain-knife or so.

In a few hours i will post the third character