Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Chaos warbands

Started by Ksum, May 24, 2010, 11:58:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ksum

My friends and I have decided to start Inquisitor and considering their making Inquisitors, i want to do something different.  And after rereading my old Slaves to Darkness, i've decided to do one based on Chaos (Chaos Undivided not any particuler god).  Now this has some problems.  Basically how do they get aroundand hiow arent they caught by plantery authorites.  I'm thinking about having them own a interplantery ship (not one who can travel though the warp), not large, space for abot 10 people plus 5 or 6 crew.  To avoid being caught, my plan is too have a unmutated highclass character who can pretend to be a agent for a powerful trader, allowing them to hitch rides through the warp etc.  do think this would work?  Also, do you have any ideas for characters?

JoelMcKickass

You could simply have a trader who's family got it's fame and money from making a pact with a daemon. On of the chaos characters has found that out, and is using it to black mail the Rogue Trader, and so long as they aren't too overtly chaosy (painting a big 8 pointed star on the ship may raise some suspicion) they should be okay. Well, for transport anyways.

As for not getting caught, the Imperium is a big place, unless someone is actively hunting after them, they could get around so long as they don't draw too much attention to themselves.

Also, get those models up, i reckon they'll be smexy!

Flinty

Remember - everything you have been told.... Not all cultists wear mystically inscribed robes when they return to the office 9 to 5, not all daemon hosts permenantly levitate with rolling flashy eyes and dress like refugees from a hard core bondage club. Anyway, the Imperium seems rife with criminals who have no problem getting about, probably on public transport.

Surely the most dangerous threats to the Imperium are those that are not seen as threats - heretics not outright opponents. The extent of your band's Chaos worship could range from full blown, outright working towards the ruination of mankind's very soul, or trying to explain that perhaps the Emperor actually prefered tea to synth-caff.

As they favour Chaos Undivided, any suitably destabilising action against the Imperium might be acceptable to them and be seen as a suitable ''sacrificial offering'', so dodgy Rougue Traders, (internally) tainted explorers/warp exposed pirates/subverted criminals/twisted academics/preachers gone to the dark side/deserters who have seen the truth of the enemy/extremely radical, and possibly outright heretical Inquisitors would seem to me good places to start.
Neanderthal and Proud!

Ksum

Right, I've thought about it and my plan now is too have a Nobleman on a basic world goes exploring in the wilderness one day.  He crashs his flyer and is lost.  In the wilderness, he meets a chaos spawn (whose background isnt explained so it could be used for plots later).  he becomes warp-tainted and mutates.  He is found some weeks later by s very loyal butler who, rather than turn him in, sneak him back home and hides him (along with the chaos spawn who now obeys the nobleman).  After a while, it becomes too hard to hide him and they escape on board a shuttle used to ferry things between planets and spaceships.  I'm thinking their not outright Chaos but are seen as it by Imperials.  They've also picked up a few crew memberas along the way.

I'm a massive fan of random generator tables and i love the mutant ones in Slaves to Darkness so I'm going to roll a few mutations for each character to give me some ideas.  Their not set in stone so i may not keep them or i nay change them.  Firstly, the nobleman, whom I've named Tikhon, can have 5 rolls on the chaos attributes.  The attributes are Eye Stalks, Additional Eye, Limb transference (leg to the groin), Bestial Face (bull) and Bird Feet.  In my head, I know see him as a sicky man, unable to do much, reliant on his Butler.  he would mostly be the boss, not actually in the games much (if at all).  The leg transfere to the groin is quite worthless so I think I'll ingore that one

Next the Spawn.  I generated him as it says in the book so his starting profile is a Bear.  D6+6 rolls mean he gets 10 mutations (I decided just to let them all be mutations rather than the actual reward chart.  He gets Bestial Face (lion), Scaley Skin, Manikin, Long Neck, Cloven Hooves, Fangs, Limb Transference (eye to the hand, hand to the foot), One eye, Multiple Arms (two extra arms) and Brightly Patterned Skin.  Now thats one hell of a mutant.  I'll ignore the long neck, the hand to the foot and the one eye.  The Lion Face and the  eyes to the hand I think I will apply to the manikin.  Now I see it as a stupid beast which is like a pet now to Tikhon, his only companion that he really connects to now he is tainted.

The Butler will be untainted as he is basicly the leader and will need to deal with Imperial Authorites on a regular basis.  The other character idea I had is for a Imperial veteran.  Basiclly, he's a veteran of a massive trench war, afterwhich him and millions of other, disburbed men were left on the planet on clean-up duty.  Naturally, different groups spring up, for surviviors of a certain battle, warrior lodges, cults of a certain Imperial Priest etc.  He joins the wrong one, turns out to be heretical, and he has to escape with Tikhon.

Another character i have is for a Feral Warrior.  If you've ever read the Black Libary book Daemon world, its about a daemonworld which has lots of tribes, empires, etc.  Most of it is very lowtech.  I want him to be like that, a tribal chieftain who woked his way up to become very powerful on his homeworld but is forced to leave.  I want him to be in lowtech armour (chain, plate etc) and carry no guns or technology of any kind.  I'm tempted to give him a special sword, not a daemonsword but wone with a power to show his homeworld and to make him stand out.
Anyway, what do you think of all this and is it plausiable?

Flinty

Having Tikhon remain very much in the background probably helps, as obvious human mutants (and I think a bull face with eye stalks counts there) have a very hard time doing pretty much anything, without being chased by pitchfork equiped mobs. However, as this is Inquisitor, I could see a heavily robed figure making an apperance in the darker parts of an underhive...

Chaos spawn - I'd prefer for it to be called just a tainted Bear, and Im sure the Butler might be able to explain this due to his Master's taste in 'exotic' pets - ''he rescued it as a rejected pup (and how!) and now they're inseperable.'' Too wierd though, and its going to be difficult to move/sneak about doing evil without everyone staring to say the least. Could it not mutate a psychic cloak so it looks like a Chihuahua or something (yeah, yeah, cheesey trope....)

Butler and feral chief no problem. Is the sword made of a material native to his planet (obsidian, a particular type of very rare ore- gains some additional damage/increased parry/weighs less when he wields it) or does it have some sort of non-daemonic connection to the user - perhaps his owning or holding it increases his nerve as he remembers the bitterness of being expelled from the Tribe etc etc...
Neanderthal and Proud!