Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

PRR's (Personal Role Radios)

Started by JoelMcKickass, June 11, 2010, 11:40:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoelMcKickass

I saw this suggested in another thread, and after seeing it mentioned in various books that i'm reading I thought about putting some definitive rules down for them. Basically, for those who don't know, The Personal Role Radio (PRR) is a small transmitter-receiver that allows infantry soldiers to communicate over short distances (according to the British Army website).

With than in mind, something like Wyrd Telepathy to everyone who has one, with an extra point of difficulty for each yard, and things like wall's adding something like 5 difficulty, the weather affecting it, even lots of psychic powers creating an atmosphere where they're not working so well.

How does that sit with people? This is only a rough draft off the top of my head, and it's pretty basic, so how does that work for everyone?

Brother_Brimstone

I assume you've already seen the Major Jackson article which has rules for Comm-links?

JoelMcKickass

Nope, i will get right on that...

Edit - I'm not getting anything, it just says "oops, yaddayaddayadda, can't connect". Can anyone give me a brief summary?

Brother_Brimstone

Basically, all characters with Comm-links are 'aware' of what the other characters with comm-links are 'aware' of (obviously only allied comm-links).

greenstuff_gav

Quote from: Brother_Brimstone on June 12, 2010, 01:10:12 AM
(obviously only allied comm-links).

use Machine Empathy to take over the commlinks; throw some confusion in there :D
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

DapperAnarchist

Or a Comms Interference Package for an Imperial Intelligence and Sabotage Agent... :)
Questions are a burden to others, answers a burden to oneself.

The Keltani Subsector  My P&M Thread - Most recent, INQ28!