Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Anybody Remember "Orcs In Space"?

Started by Inquisitor Thaken, June 28, 2010, 02:14:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inquisitor Thaken

This was a Dragon (no, your eyes are not deceiving you, I said Dragon) magazine article that was the first attempt at role playing rules for 40K.  Written by Ken Rolston, it appeared in Dragon 149, and just had some very simple rules modifications to allow roleplaying of 1st ed 40K characters.

I really enjoyed it.  Long before Inquisitor or Dark Heresy, Inquisitor Thraan Thaken plied the galaxy in his singleship, armed with his daemonsword Anfauglar and accompanied by his stalwart Ogryn Oog, and several other trusty companions who's names I can no longer remember.

It was definitely not for those who enjoy vast roleplaying rules, and its complexity was more along the lines of original edition D&D.  Still, that is the type of roleplaying that I cut my teeth on, and it is what I enjoy best to this day.

Curious if anyone else ever fooled around with it?

MarcoSkoll

Sorry, it's not something with which I'm familiar.

However, I did want to bring up the point that the "In Character" boards are not the right place for this sort of thing. The "In character" section is for the posting of fiction set in the 40k universe. (And the "Out of Character" section is for the discussion of said fiction)

This kind of thing should go in the "Rules Discussion" section, or possibly the "Community" section.

I'm not having a go at you by any means, but this is the second time you've used the In Character board for stuff that isn't fiction, so I thought I should bring it up so that you know.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Inquisitor Thaken

Quote from: MarcoSkoll on June 28, 2010, 02:35:52 AM
Sorry, it's not something with which I'm familiar.

However, I did want to bring up the point that the "In Character" boards are not the right place for this sort of thing. The "In character" section is for the posting of fiction set in the 40k universe. (And the "Out of Character" section is for the discussion of said fiction)

This kind of thing should go in the "Rules Discussion" section, or possibly the "Community" section.

I'm not having a go at you by any means, but this is the second time you've used the In Character board for stuff that isn't fiction, so I thought I should bring it up so that you know.
From my reading of it, the Rules section seems only to be for the rules of Inquisitor.  Or is other GW stuff to go there as well?  Or is other GW stuff not welcome on this forum (which would be fine, the owners can certainly limit their site to what they want)?

Thanks

greenstuff_gav

as it may contain background and inspiration for additional rules that maybe relevant to Inquisitor, i've moved this to Dark Millennium.. while we're pretty free-form, it's still an Inquisitor forum :)

for the Record, In Character is for posts "in character"; putting forth ideas and posts from the viewpoint of the characters, i'm still debating if that other thread wants moving or not :P
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination