Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Rayner WIP

Started by Rayner, July 07, 2010, 12:36:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rayner

QuoteAlpha Legion is the perfect CSM Legion to be involved in Inquisitor, they're masters of subterfuge, lies and stealth - perfect for the grand master behind a large number of cults (have you read Legion by Dan Abnett from the Horus Heresy series?)
I like the idea of using a Legion that works from the shadows, makes them all the more sinister when they finally show their faces.

Been working on cleaning up the model surface, reworking the plates and adding details (both mechanical ones and chaotic insignia :)) I've adjusted the left lower leg so the foot sits flat on the ground. This gives the model a better sense of motion and stops him from looking like he's crouching down.

The side

I've also replaced the small wrist-mounted bolter with something a bit more suitable to the models size.

The storm bolter still needs greenstuff to smooth out the alterations I've made. Before that, is it a good size? Anything I should change? (other than adding chaos branding, etc)

Next on the list is the chainfist and shoulderpad iconography.

Heroka Vendile

if you do decide on the alpha legion, then a couple additions such as scale-mail or literally covering parts of the armour in scales or adding cloaks/cloth.
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

DapperAnarchist

I say Word Bearers - they're more "Chaos-ified" and so a Word Bearer being twisted into something that is giant even by Space Marine standards makes perfect sense. They're also suited to Inquisitor because of their extensive manipulation of cults...
Questions are a burden to others, answers a burden to oneself.

The Keltani Subsector  My P&M Thread - Most recent, INQ28!

Rayner

Here's the almost finished Witch Hunter Quinlivan.

Still needs finishing and detail added to the coats. I've had a hard time with this model from the start, and I'm still not entirely happy with how it has turned out. One example is the left arm, after multiple tries at repositioning the angle etc I ended up back where it was before and the torch ending up looking slightly disjointed :( 

Ah well, live and learn

Here is the first (almost complete) in a line of mutineer guards

The back

Another lesser worked on muntineer, still need to greenstuff the gasmask and other details.

To make more of these npcs, I bought some WW2 soldiers. Sadly, when i opened the boxes I found the models were slightly too small compared to Inq scale (bought 1/35 by mistake :-\)

After much cursing and hair-pulling, I broke out the clippers and greenstuff and got to work making the taller.
Here's the WIP so far...

Lots of work to do on these, but I'll be damned if the parts end up in the bitz box!
As always, comments and criticism always welcome :)

Shannow

All looking very good! The torch looks like it turned out very well in that photo, and the hat looks fantastic too. The first mutineer has a great creepy henchmen look about him and I look forward to all the rest being done as well.

Who will be their leader? I look forward to seeing whoever it is being modelled as judging by the guardsmen he will be.....evil.....
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

Acolyte Havlan Tome

At risk of sounding boring i'm going to have to echo the comments on the hand flamer. It's fantastic and has ggiven me some ideas for the hand flamer on my acolyte
If you catch sight of me twice your either lucky or not worth exterminating

Kresten

very nice, youve really turned him into something unique. I really like the whole set up of his torch and the accompanying rig as well as his hair and the wrap around his head and neck, really good touches.

What's the gun on the first mutineer? and also good work on sculpting a lasgun from scratch! get some plasticard/rod makes life much easier!
"A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords at dawn"

Rayner

Thanks for all the comments.

Shannow - The torch was my attempt to echo the GW fantasy witch hunter model, but I wanted it to feel slightly more futuristic than just a burning rag on a stick :) I see it working as a regular mace when it's switched "off", and a CC weapon that deals a certain amount of fire damage on contact when it's switched "on".

I have a rough idea for the leader, but he won't be making an appearance until after the minions are done.

Kresten - Actually I kinda cheated on this one by making a mold of a 54mm lasgun I'm using on another mutineer. It hasn't turned out perfect, so I might end up chopping certain parts away and replacing them with plasticard.

Rayner

Apologies on the double post, here's some picture updates to make up for it.

Guard Mutineer with twin pistols:

The back

Guard Mutineer with crude rifle:

The back

Guard Mutineer with heavy weapon:

The back

Complete Guard Mutineer with lasgun:

The back

This next model is a imperial priest that has been experimented on, and is now possessed by the demon mantle he wears:

The back

Still finishing the chains for the broken handcuffs on this one.

I managed to get my hands on a broken guard conversion, so its now being used for the Mutineer leader.(with a few "evil bits" added on) So far I've only added the claw and piping and GS over a few of the imperial symbols.

The back

A lot of work to do until this one is ready for repainting, but I'm happy with it so far.

DapperAnarchist

Very nice - have you read Words of Blood, the short story? It appears in Let the Galaxy Burn, and I think was made into a comic in Eternal War or Eternal Damnation, one of those. You might find some inspiration for your mutineers there...

However, what is up with the first guys legs? He seems to be made of smoke... Which looks damn cool, but is like that, or am I seeing things?
Questions are a burden to others, answers a burden to oneself.

The Keltani Subsector  My P&M Thread - Most recent, INQ28!

Shannow

How many times can I write fantastic? Well I'm lazy so you only get the one :P

But seriously, I love the twin pistol mutineer and the leader in particular, but all of them are great and I think the grey lends that air of evil and may be a good colour for their uniform or some such.

Your green stuff skills are also to be commended, the masks in particular are superb, my favourite being the crude rifle wielder. I am very very jealous of your skills my friend.

Rob
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

Jamas Orian

That is some truly epic greenstuff sculpting O_o

Rayner

Thank you for all the comments.

QuotePosted by: DapperAnarchist
Very nice - have you read Words of Blood, the short story?
I've been trying to get hold of a copy, as I think looking into the background will help me with character design, etc.

Quotewhat is up with the first guys legs? He seems to be made of smoke... Which looks damn cool, but is like that, or am I seeing things?
The first mutineer (as well as some of the others) are leftovers from the techpriest npcs I created a while back, this one is actually crouching on some rubble with most of his legs and feet hidden by his coat. The flash and my shoddy photography skills make it hard to see ;D