Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Chosen of Isha

Started by Elva, July 07, 2010, 09:27:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elva

I'm back to the drawing board for my inquisitor at the moment, and while brainstorming a couple ideas, one came to me that I really like, though I'm not quite sure how to execute it.

Basically, I was thinking that my inquisitor(Elva Bullen), would have some connection to the Eldar goddess Isha. Though her personality is slightly more compatible with Khaine(warlike, though more orderly about it), I've always liked Isha as a goddess. I intended Elva to have some connection to the Eldar, her name does mean elf, though a Shuriken  Catapult is difficult to come by, let alone keep as a human. The issues that I'm having though, is what the connection should be, and how she didn't end up with a bolt round in her head because of it.

A couple rough ideas are possibly a mark, maybe voices in her head, or a small trinket she got at one point in her life, though they need some development. Any thoughts?

"Nobody expects the Imperial Inquisition!!"

Macabre

That maybe difficult considering that Isha was devoured by Slaanesh, and now Khaine is but a fractured force of rage, a pale shadow to what he was. Ultimately, your inquisitor could have an interest in soulstones (she wouldn't be the first) and maybe she discovered one that has been ensoulled but forgotten/lost. You may also want to look up Lord Balodrin from the Thorian sourcebook.
++Believe the lie. Trust no one++

Elva

Well, I've read, I think it was on the Lexicanum, that Isha somehow got into the hands of Nurgle, and is his test subject for new diseases, as she can heal herself of their effects. It also said she sometimes she gives mortals the secrets to thwarting Nurgle's plagues. It might also be in the daemon codex if you play 40k.

Though that spirit stone idea might just be what I'm looking for. I'll take a look at Thorian sourcebook and see if I can get some ideas. Thanks for the help!

DapperAnarchist

Remember - the warp can do strange things. It is possible that an echo of Isha remains, trapped in time or something, perhaps in a jewel, I'm thinking something involving a stasis field. The question of course is why Elva has it - machinations of Chaos Gods, perhaps?
Questions are a burden to others, answers a burden to oneself.

The Keltani Subsector  My P&M Thread - Most recent, INQ28!

Elva

Quote from: DapperAnarchist on July 08, 2010, 01:23:55 AM
Remember - the warp can do strange things. It is possible that an echo of Isha remains, trapped in time or something, perhaps in a jewel, I'm thinking something involving a stasis field. The question of course is why Elva has it - machinations of Chaos Gods, perhaps?

I smiled evilly when I read first read this, which means my twisted mind is at work. These are all really good ideas, and I'm taking down notes. I'm also in the middle of a concept sketch, which if anyone's interested I'll post the linework once I get it done.

Macabre

Not to intentionally discredit DA's idea, but the immaterium is not subject to time, euclidian laws or relative dimension, so I fail to see how stasis fields would have any use here. Likewise, Isha was devoured by Slaanesh, if there was an echo of her remaining, the Eldar would know of it (and they're now waiting for the birth of Ynnead). Perhaps this inquisitor has managed to get her hands on a partial infinity matrix structure from a craftworld lost to the warp (and spat back out again in small chunks) that she keeps hidden in a private bunker/fortress/workshop/dungeon/rabbit hole, there maybe a few souls that linger within its structure, driven mad by the horrors of what dwell beyond.

Koval

Quote from: Macabre on July 08, 2010, 10:40:14 AM
Likewise, Isha was devoured by Slaanesh
As utter dog-sh*t terrible as the Chaos Daemons book was, there is mention of Isha having, possibly, been captured/kidnapped/saved by Nurgle (truthfully, this being Nurgle versus Slaanesh, I think all three of those are one and the same), so we can't be entirely certain that Slaanesh did eat Isha.

DapperAnarchist

The Immaterium is not subject to time, but Warp Events in the Materium are - and so can be trapped in a stasis field. Also,  good idea would be to leave open whether it really is Isha...
Questions are a burden to others, answers a burden to oneself.

The Keltani Subsector  My P&M Thread - Most recent, INQ28!

Elva

Quote from: DapperAnarchist on July 08, 2010, 11:52:37 AM
Also,  good idea would be to leave open whether it really is Isha...

That's one of my favorite ideas so far. It leaves the possibilities open and keeps with what I wanted, I'm thinking I might combine it with the spirit stone idea, if the two are compatible.

Quote from: DapperAnarchist  on July 08, 2010, 10:40:14 AM
As utter dog-sh*t terrible as the Chaos Daemons book was, there is mention of Isha having, possibly, been captured/kidnapped/saved by Nurgle (truthfully, this being Nurgle versus Slaanesh, I think all three of those are one and the same), so we can't be entirely certain that Slaanesh did eat Isha.

This is what I've always believed, and it adds a few more possibilities for the purposes of backstory.

Koval

Elva, quote fix, the second quote belongs to me, not Macabre. I imagine he'd get rather offended that you've downgraded him to my baser intellect.

Elva

Quote from: Koval on July 08, 2010, 07:06:47 PM
Elva, quote fix, the second quote belongs to me, not Macabre. I imagine he'd get rather offended that you've downgraded him to my baser intellect.

oh sorry, I'm still getting used to the forum mechanics. I'll get on it right away!!

Macabre

I think I'm rather more offended by the assumption that I'm male.

Elva

Quote from: Macabre on July 08, 2010, 07:53:48 PM
I think I'm rather more offended by the assumption that I'm male.

To be honest, I didn't think you were male, I tend pick up on little hints in the language and avatars people use. Though in Koval's defense, there aren't that many women who are so knowledgeable on such matters, but I'm sure we're all glad to have such a knowledgeable person here, regardless of gender. I know your ideas have really helped me with my backstory.

Shannow

Not to intentionally discredit DA's idea, but the immaterium is not subject to time,

Just to be pedantic but surely this makes the assumption that all the stasis field does is affect time, surely it is possible that it has is possible that a stasis field effects time, space and all the intermittent dimension? Not that your statement is incorrect, I'm just saying that subject to the definition of what the stasis field actually did it could still be a viable idea.

Also
a partial infinity matrix structure from a craftworld
this made a bit of my brain dribble out when I read it too quickly :P
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

Elva

Quote from: Shannow on July 08, 2010, 09:15:15 PM

Just to be pedantic but surely this makes the assumption that all the stasis field does is affect time, surely it is possible that it has is possible that a stasis field effects time, space and all the intermittent dimension? Not that your statement is incorrect, I'm just saying that subject to the definition of what the stasis field actually did it could still be a viable idea.

I'm getting a bit confused now as well lol. I don't think I'm going to use the stasis field idea, as I'm not clear on the mechanics of it, though I'm sure its a good one, its just way over my head.

Quote from: Shannow on July 08, 2010, 09:15:15 PM
Also
a partial infinity matrix structure from a craftworld
this made a bit of my brain dribble out when I read it too quickly :P

Its ok, you have to read a lot about the Eldar to get used to their complexity(some of it still even baffles me).