Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Maximillian Ashbeth

Started by Swarbie, June 20, 2010, 08:46:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DapperAnarchist

I've always seen the Melta blast as looking like a blowtorch, like on the cover of Codex Dark Angels (3rd edition, I think?)

I've got an Inquisitor with an Inferno Pistol, who doesn't use it for armoured targets. Instead, its for seriously messing up Daemons. Specifically, the one who hangs around with him...
Questions are a burden to others, answers a burden to oneself.

The Keltani Subsector  My P&M Thread - Most recent, INQ28!

Swarbie

Well, it's been quite a while, but here's Ashbeth's first companion. Hope you like him.

Once a civilian worker in a scrap metal furnace, Jerek's life changed forever when a Chaos cult attempted to take over his city. The cult followed Khorne, and followed the habits of a creature from an old Terran myth: the vampire. Once the cult had gained control of the city, the PDF made multiple attempts to remove them, but the cult leaders hid away by day, letting their underlings guard them. At night, assassins and native wolves, plucked from their homes on the plain by the cult, stalked the streets and the warrens of the underhive. Many thousands of followers were killed, but the cult's supply of supplicants seemed inexhaustible.

Jerek and his family hid themselves in an empty house. After three days had passed, Jerek went out to find food, leaving his family in the house's shrine. When he returned, they were dead, and a foul cultist was hunched over their bodies, drinking their blood. With a cry of rage, Jerek brought a wooden statue of Saint Sorella crashing down on the heretics head. The touch of the holy oak seemed to burn the unfortunate cultist and before long, Jerek overpowered him, caving in his skull.

Jerek knew he must arm himself. He too had heard the ancient myth of the vampire, and knew how best to fight the evil infesting his home. Begging forgiveness from the Saint, he took her statue and carved it into a stake. Then, when the sun rose, he crept out into the streets, knife in one hand, stake in the other. While the cult leaders slept, he butchered the underlings that were guarding them, and then made his ways into the catacombs of the cult headquarters.

He had soon found the leader, sleeping heavily on a silk couch, snoring, bloated with the flesh of innocents. Looking on the twisted creature that had caused the death of his wife and child, Jerek was filled his rage. He plunged his knife through the cultist's eye and his stake through its heart, and then watched as the heretic quickly rotted away, leaving only dust and a foul stench.

He made his way out of the city to the nearest PDF encampment, and told them of what he had done. Lauded as a hero, Jerek wished only to return to the life he knew before the Chaos uprising, but he could not. A strange visitor, wearing a large leather hat and accompanied by stormtroopers, spirited him away. Within a week, the commissar attached to his city's PDF unit was telling the tale of how he had battled his way through hordes of Chaos cultists, only to find the cult leader about to kill an innocent civilian worker, and how he had been too late to save the poor man. Imperial records show several PDF troopers were later executed for defaming a war hero.

Jerek had caught the attention of Inquisitor Ashbeth. Ashbeth had heard the true story of the fight against the uprising, and felt that he could use a man of such courage and daring. Jerek agreed, seeing his own hatred of Chaos in the inquisitor's glittering eye. He was employed, at first, as an assistant executioner, his surgically-thickened skin making  him the perfect candidate for burning people at stake, as he could resist the heat better than most and ensure the heretics felt the most pain while surviving for as long as possible. After a short amount of time, he was promoted to the post of head executioner, and soon after that, became Maximillian's closest companion.   

Jerek Crowson

WS         BS   S   T     I   WP  SG  NV  LD
72(41)   43  68 63  54  47   32  69   41

Jerek Crowson is right-handed.

Equipment: Blessed stake, two torches, lighter, thickened skin (borrowed from here: http://www.the-conclave.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=824.0)

Blessed stake- This stake is carved from a statue of Saint Sorella. It has been doused in holy water and been blessed by many high-ranking members of the Ecclesiarchy, making it highly effective against followers of the Ruinous Powers. If it inflicts a hit against a psyker, it will cause D3 extra damage. Against Daemons or characters that follow one of the Chaos Gods, it will inflict D6 extra damage and has a 25% chance of setting the location hit on fire, doing D6 damage a turn, regardless of whether any injury was actually inflicted. It uses the following profiles, depending on whether it is wielded with one hand or two hands.

One-handed: Reach    Dam     PP
                             2     2D6   -20%

Two-handed: Reach      Dam     PP
                             1      2D10   -25%
If the stake causes a Crippling injury on a character's chest, it has pierced their heart. They are, for all intents and purposes, dead, unless they have a secondary heart.

Torches: Torches can be wielded one-handed, using the rules for improvised weapons. When lit, they have a 50% chance of setting any location they hit on fire. It takes two actions to light a torch, and Jerek's lighter must be in one of his hands to light a torch. For campaign purposes, each torch will burn for around two hours.

Special abilities: Preferred Weapons, Furious Assault

Preferred Weapons- Jerek dislikes fighting with anything other than his stake and his torches, and refuses to train with other weapons. If he ever uses a weapon other than his stake or torches (excluding Power Stakes), his Weapon Skill will be reduced to 41 until he begins using his own weapons again. When firing guns, he adds an additional penalty of -5% in addition to any other modifiers.
And I saw her body burning,
With it, my world
To dust returning

DapperAnarchist

Ooooh, me likey. I almost feel that having all the cultist die is a missed opportunity though - Khornepires (yes, I just invented that word. So?) is a great idea...
Questions are a burden to others, answers a burden to oneself.

The Keltani Subsector  My P&M Thread - Most recent, INQ28!

Swarbie

Hehe. I never said that all the cultists died, only most of them . . . :P
And I saw her body burning,
With it, my world
To dust returning