Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Q'orl Charatcer

Started by Elva, July 27, 2010, 03:03:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elva

Hey all, I'm working on a Q'orl character, though I'm sure most of you already know that. However, I'm not quite sure how to translate that into stat and game terms.

Here's what I know.

1.I can give it stats using the conclave standard, it shouldn't be too hard but input would be very helpful.
2.I know its going to have some extra limbs, kind of like a genestealer purestrain.
3.Its going to have some human weapons(bolt pistol, las rifle and sword) as well as a claw attack, which I'm not a hundred percent sure on the stats.

That's all I've got. So if there is anything I'm missing, which I'm sure there is, please let me know so I can play this character accurately!  ;D
"Nobody expects the Imperial Inquisition!!"

RobSkib

There are rules for using multi-limbed creatures in the Alien Bounty Hunter article in one of the annuals (or in Marco's fabulous article pack), so that shouldn't be a problem.

I think as the Q'orl are very similar to insects we might have on Earth, so taking inspiration from ants and wasps (it looks like an amalgamation of the two) you end up with something that should have a rather high strength - high 70s? I'd suggest maybe 5 or 6 armor on every location to represent a tough, chitinous exoskeleton, but have the toughness somewhere around the 50-60 mark.

The claw attack, I'd look again at the Alien Bounty hunter article (or the genestealer stub article, which is also in the pack) and decide whether it is deserving of Razor sharp claws, or whether you think it would just be a regular attack similar to the penetrating power of a short sword, say (reach 2, D10 damage)

I'll have to bust out my copy of Xenology again and have a re-read of the Q'orls biology before I can comment on how it views the world - my initial thoughts would be to treat his 'communicating in smells' as an infrascope, merely for the purposes of simplicity and rules lookups (I'm a big fan of keeping rules as simple as I can), unless you can come up with a rule set you prefer.

Abilities-wise, I'd say Scale Terrain and Acrobatic would give him an uncanny insect-like ability to skitter all over the scenery and pop up from unsuspecting places.

Like I said, I'll have a re-read of Xenology and have a think.
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

Elva

Thanks mate. That helps narrow it down a lot.
"Nobody expects the Imperial Inquisition!!"