Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Inquisitor Elva Mark III

Started by Elva, July 30, 2010, 11:32:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elva

Hehe, I've been working on her for ages it seems now. I think I've got two possible backstories that are better than some of my previous attempts.

http://www.the-conclave.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=929.0

I sort of placed it in the wrong section ^^' , so I'm posting the link above. I look forward to hearing your thoughts. I'll get around to the stats later, once I have a  good, solid background.
"Nobody expects the Imperial Inquisition!!"

Elva

Here's a sketch, the model is in a bit of a different position and the heads a bit big, but other than that, its Elva herself  ;D. Shannow told me there was a thread to post sketches on, but I had no idea where to look, so its up here for now. Love to hear your comments and thoughts.
(Note, the ears are for a different game, I'm using the model for a D20 future campaign as well)

Zakkeg

Only the insane have strength enough to prosper; only those who prosper may truly judge what is sane.

Elva

Haha, like I said, I'm using the model that I based the sketch off of for d20 future as well. But in Inquisitor she's as human as they come :P, at least ear wise hehe. Plus I'm not such a big a fan of drawing ears that aren't pointy, not quite sure why, but its just who I am  :)

Off the topic of ears though, I will be posting her miniature asap.

RobSkib

(Aside from the pointy ears) She looks very happy and 'clean' - two words I don't associate with 40k very much. I'd be interested to see where you take this concept, it definitely has potential. But yeah - lose the ears :)
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

Elva

Don't worry, the ears won't make an appearance in Inquisitor, she looks elfish enough, and probably wouldn't end up an inquisitor if she could be mistaken for an Eldar.

Elva

Did some more sketches, these are pretty rough since I didn't go over them with a 4b pencil yet, but they look pretty spiffy, and will even more when I go over them, I'm just a bit nervous as it tends to smear the details if I'm not really careful, and pen is less forgiving  :-\ My technical drawings aren't as good as I'd like them to be, but I'm slwoly chipping away and practicing. Ironically, they look better when someone is holding them  ???

Rough concept sketch of Elva's new model, which I will post as soon as I get some paint on it.

A side shot I did awhile back, its one of my best, now only if I could be more consistent... 

Jamas Orian

Very cool!

Although she is looking very at ease in her pose there. Is she in the company of friends?

Elva

Thanks ;D I'm happy to receive a complement from such a talented artist as yourself.

Hehe, possibly. She tends to smile a lot, as she takes delight when her plans and strategies come to fruition and the enemy falls for the trap. It also is a psychological thing to make her them second guess themselves in trying to figure out what she has concocted in her mind. She's a bit easy going as well, though that could just be another one of her mind war tactics  ;)

Elva

I'm having issues coming up with her background. I know what she's like, I've written it down and I'm pretty happy with it. However, every time I sit down to write her history, nothing decent comes out and its getting frustrating. I just can't get any good ideas of where she is from, and the events that got her where she is today. Does anyone know any good techniques for smiting this terrible occurrence?

Oh and here's what I have so far. Feedback would be great.

Elva Bullen
Ordo Xenos
Inquisitor

Personality: Elva is one of the brightest tacticians of her day, however like many before her, she has been known to make errors that cost her dearly, though she often finds a way to bounce back. She is quick and decisive in her thought process, coming up with plans in a matter of seconds to minutes depending on the complexity.

She loves the thrill of an enemy falling for a cleverly planned trap, and watching their destruction unfold. She cares about her charges, making sure they are well equipped and used to their fullest extent and survival rate. They are no good to her dead, and are comrades in arms fighting for mankind.

She respects her foes, knowing that she would most likely do what they do if she were in their situation. Elva despises it when allegiances are not black and white, hating to deal with neutral parties and sympathizers, it makes things overly complicated but can be necessary at times.

Beliefs: Terra is the human home world, and therefore has the right to govern all of humankind. The Lords of Terra may be a bit strict in their enforced creed, however that is why Elva puts herself in harm's way to utilize tools and strategic options other servants of the Imperium would hesitate to consider. She has sacrificed her purity for the greater good of humanity, and they had better appreciate it.

Physical Description and Combat Notes

Elva stands well above most. She is six foot four and has a skinny, yet curvy figure, however it is rarely seen under her armour, fatigues and great coat which she wears almost exclusively. She has short, messy blonde hair and steel blue eyes which can pierce ones soul, some even say they can see into the warp. Her great coat is of Praetorian origin, as she is a strong admirer of their discipline and effectiveness on the field of combat.

She carries a personalized las rifle with a shot gun attachment colourfully known as "The Room Clearer". She also conceals a few grenades, usually frag, however she will have a halucinagin or two if she can help it. Elva's sword is said to be of Eldar origin, as it never wears or ages and can cut through most metals, though any spirit stones or markings have long since vanished. She is an avid user of plasma technology, favoring only las over it for reliability.

Alias and nickname wise I'm considering going along the lines of a Valkeyire theme, Norse mythology really inspires me, probably because I'm half Danish :P

Jamas Orian

I like the brief you've just given for her there. I really ought to extrapolate on Orian's weaponry in a similar manner.

May I present to you the following:

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/dnd/20010112e
http://www.seventhsanctum.com/generate.php?Genname=quickchar
http://generating.strolen.com/gen/npc.html
http://generating.strolen.com/gen/charback.html

These are extremely useful tools for instantly generating lots and lots of background ideas.

Edit: Also, her nose needs to be pointier

Elva

Thanks, I'll be sure to make use of those tools to their fullest extent. Though, I might make a few changes to her personality, I want to make her more anti heroish.

You really think? I was trying to avoid the pointy nose, as my style is already very manga influenced. But I'll keep that in mind for next time :)

Elva

Sorry for the double post, but I did another sketch, its much better, even though I decided to do it in manga style, but it was a nice break and it came out nicely, since I focused less on the face and more on the rest of the body. Sorry about the scanner, my new sketch book is rather large and it was hard to fit. Same basic design as the last one, which I'm probably going to stick with. Hopefully I can come up with a decent backstory and persona to go with it :P

Jamas Orian

Very nice pose. I do like the expression as well!

If I may offer further feedback, her left boob is accentuated too much and starts from the wrong place. Rather than try to explain what I mean, I've knocked up a super quick visual explanation: http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y9/asteconn/inq/untitled-1.jpg

From the images of her that I have seen so far, the personality that she projects is a puritan leaning (but not frothing at the mouth monodominance) outlook and a very by-the-book sort. Quite young looking too.

Elva

The funny thing is, I've done some more sketches, and they've improved at an astounding rate. I find the more I do, the better I get. But I'm quite happy to have gone back to manga style, especially my own translation of Ushiara's(can't recall the exact spelling of his name, but he's a bloody brilliant mangaka). Sadly, I haven't yet done an Inquisitor sketch with my new found skill, so far mostly D&D characters and a Napoleonic redcoat, but it'll be just the inspiration I need to continue my sketching spree. I also learned a great deal from this particular picture, mostly with hands and technical drawings with perspective. It still needs work but I'm well on my way. Thanks for the complements as well, I know not many people take manga seriously unless its in Japan.

Hehe, I was aiming for slightly radical, but her heart is relatively puritan, though her methods are debatable. However, I was thinking she'd be more trusting of the Eldar, since they are both of humanoid nature and she would draw similarities between the two races. Otherwise, unless a Xeno gives a damn good reason for not getting a las round to the face, she's anti alien.