Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

'A Tale of Four Warbands'

Started by Molotov, August 17, 2010, 11:49:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Molotov

I've been away this weekend and thus I haven't had chance to comment, but I agree that this definitely shouldn't stall. I'm starting my teacher training in the next few weeks so I'm not sure whether I can participate, but I would happily be the project lead, collate (and edit) the articles and put them together into an article.

Either way, I'm glad that there's interest in this, and I would definitely like to see it progress further.
INQ28 Thread | INQ28 Blog
INQ28, done properly, is at least the equal of its big brother - and Mol is one of the expert proponents of "done properly".
- precinctomega

Kaled

Have we got four gamers for this project? If they want to get together and decide who they want to 'moderate' the project (me, Molotov, someone else) then maybe it can get kicked off.  One thought I had was that it could climax at a Conclave event early next year - possibly the one Ruaridh is trying to organise... Just a thought.
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

RobSkib

I'd happily be part of this as well - not sure what you'd want me to do though! I know I promised Kaled to do an article about the use of non-GW models in Inquisitor modelling, I havn't forgotten! I've just been slightly waylaid with other things. Come this weekend I'll get myself sorted out and get things rolling.
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

MarcoSkoll

Okay, I think it's time for me to kick this.

I'm still on board with this, mostly as I need some motivation to get some of my Inquisitor projects off the ground.
I'm fine with either Kaled or Molotov as a project lead. If I have to choose, then given how much Kaled already does for Dark Magenta, perhaps it would be best to choose Molotov to save Kaled another project - but as I said, I'm not fussed. You're both intelligent individuals who I think would do a great job.

Now, can we kindly get everyone who's said they're taking part back here to actually sort it all out?
It's not really a hard project. Make warband, then talk about how you made it - hardly different to half of what we do on this forum anyway.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Kaled

That's fine by me - I wasn't going to volunteer at first as I felt people might get sick of seeing my name at the top of DM articles, but then decided I'd rather that than the article not get done.  So if Molotov is still willing to take on the role, then I'm happy to stand aside.

Molotov

I've got internet in the new house as of yesterday, so I should be able to collate things - I'll sit down and give it some thought.
INQ28 Thread | INQ28 Blog
INQ28, done properly, is at least the equal of its big brother - and Mol is one of the expert proponents of "done properly".
- precinctomega

TheNephew

MarcoSkoll

I'm still interested, but we seem to have lost all our other "gamers" - so it's currently dead.

GW's =I= articles

psycho

ok so threadomancy at its best....but come on guys is this gonna happen?
I know im up for it...i mean weve currently got (more probably lol) 4 gamers
Marco, Kaled, Me, Shannow, Robskib, kresten are all i can remember lol...but come on guys this would allow other INQ players to see how WE go about creating our warbands....i mean this will (hopefully) get newer INQ players to realise that stats arent supposed to be the way games are won..instead its through playing in character and using tiny lil things to help out...much like a game of Alone in the Dark (sorry played it for like a month straight now) where you have to utilize tape, a box of bullets, a plastic botlle of alchohol and a lighter to make a nice lil bomb haha!....ahem sorry back on topic...if this is going ahead then yeah please let me know...although i wont be sculpting my entire warband my minis suck at best...so at least id give readers a good laugh

kerby

Zirone

I'd be interested in joining in on this as well, I currently have a warband under construction and wouldn't mind sharing my progress in an article. Although if all four spaces have been filled then i'll enjoy keeping track of everyones progress.

Z.

MarcoSkoll

I have to say, this has been rather frustrating.

I've been holding back on several different warband ideas because this has gone nowhere. I've been squirrelling away all the ideas have on the basis of "I might as well wait so I can write one of these up".
If this doesn't start to go somewhere soon, I'm going to have to quit out or risk going totally stir crazy. I was actually considering seriously starting to consider sculpting eighteen models simultaneously the other day.

*Runs off screaming*

RAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhHH!!!!

GW's =I= articles

psycho

@Marco....hahahahaha...i have a mental image of you at the next Clave....cuddling 18 different minis whilst mumbling to yourself about TO4P haha....

ahem but yeah id love for this to actually go ahead....so hows about this...we rope in one more candidate....get Kaled to officiate...and find ourselves someone to write up the reports when weve deone our drafts?
It seems this has been waylaid by all the original cast so lets reboot it again...if noone gets in contact (from the Original guys) within a week then we start again with us lot instead?

kerby

Kaled

I think Marco has plans to build a new warband, or at least a few new characters for the IGT - and I'm guessing he can't be the only one.  So how about a 'Tale of x Warbands' that starts with players deciding to either expand an existing warband or build a whole new one for the IGT, talks about the creation of their background and stats and cumulates with them actually being used at the IGT.

If people are building models anyway, all they have to do is take a few pics and make a few notes along the way and then write it up at the end.  It also has the advantage of having a definite end point - 26th March - and could be good advertising for the IGT in future years as people would have some idea what to expect.

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: Kaled on January 20, 2011, 05:49:23 PMI think Marco has plans to build a new warband, or at least a few new characters for the IGT
Something like that. I've got a few options. Some are updating a model or two for old warbands, some are finally modelling ideas I've had for ages.

If there were some plan to do it up for this article, then I'd happily go with one of the new warbands (3 models plus any others I throw into the mix at the same time, rather than the 1-2 I'd be doing for the old ideas) - it would at least help me narrow down my choices!

GW's =I= articles

Kaled

I was also thinking, maybe it doesn't need to be restricted to warbands and PCs - maybe someone who's preparing for GMing a game by creating NPCs and a scenario, or maybe some interesting terrain?  A bit different to the original concept, but it'd still be a story of x number of gamers preparing for a game - and as Inquisitor uses a GM it makes sense to include that aspect as well (especially if there aren't four people planning to make PCs).