Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

'A Tale of Four Warbands'

Started by Molotov, August 17, 2010, 11:49:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DapperAnarchist

Well, I have an idea for a small warband, and have the legs and weapons already, so would be able to involve myself, if there's still a space?
Questions are a burden to others, answers a burden to oneself.

The Keltani Subsector  My P&M Thread - Most recent, INQ28!

Kaled

As far as I know there's nothing but space.

I suggest everyone who's interested writes something - if by some chance there ends up being more than enough material for one article, it can always be split in two.  Maybe one around the IGT and another involving people who can't make that event?
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

DapperAnarchist

I'd be the second one... Guess I'll give it a go anyway, taking stage by stage photos, with concept notes, sketches, etc...

Kaled

Are you coming to the IGT?  I haven't sold you a ticket yet...

Anyone else in the process of planning new characters?  You don't need to be a master-modeller to join in - we're looking for interesting idea and different approaches to the process, so it doesn't matter if this is your first Inquisitor model or your ninety-first.

mattausten86

i would love to,but ive yet to play a proper game,so i dont think a tournament is the right place to start,plus its not fair on the other competitors having to deal with a newb!!!

cheers
matt

DapperAnarchist

I've never played a game either... and I don't think I'll be at the IGT, but I will consider it seriously...

psycho

well in reply to the whole thing about the IGT then what about those of us a fair few miles from warhammer world? as in 1200 miles and an ocean?  ;)
id love to contribute to this but if its simply going to be for the IGT then i dont know if it would make a very good DM article...as the people that will be at IGT are on here...and im pretty sure it isnt just Conclavers that read DM

kerby

Kaled

As I said before, if everyone who's interested starts writing something and it can be divided into articles when we see what we have - I only suggested the IGT as it gives those people a set deadline.

At the minute it seems difficult enough to find people who want to take part and to get started... We can set some sort of timetable - initial ideas/sketches within the next fortnight, start building models in the month after that, and so on - would people prefer that?

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: psycho on January 21, 2011, 06:35:23 PMI'm pretty sure it isnt just Conclavers that read DM
No, it isn't. But it is almost exclusively Conclavers who write for DM.

Using the IGT as the central theme isn't going to change the nature of the authorship significantly. However, it will give us a coherent plan, as well as a definite end date. The current lack of backbone for this project has left it stalled for months. People keep saying "Yeah, awesome, I'll do this" and then... absolutely squat happens.
But if we latch on to the warbands people are making (roughly concurrently) for the IGT, then it'll finally get this moving.

If at a later date, we want to do another To4G that has nothing to do with the IGT, then we can. But on the evidence of the last five months, that open-ended and incoherent attitude has got us no closer to an article.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

greenstuff_gav

Quote from: psycho on January 21, 2011, 06:35:23 PM
im pretty sure it isnt just Conclavers that read DM

from a statistics point of view, DMs top referrer was Bruckhenof-online (or however it's spelt; am Mobile so can't check  :-[ ) followed by Warseer and then TGN...
i'm trying to get the latest mechanicus sculpt done in time but it isn't looking hopeful, hence not jumping on this project :(
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

Heroka Vendile

I am probably going to try and put together a new warband for the GT, I'll be taking WIP photos that'd just go up on the 'clave in a regular situation, so if I do manage to get them done by the GT then I'd be more than happy to just put them into the article instead.
Don't take it as a definite, but if I do do the warband in time, then I am willing to add myself to the article(s).
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

MarcoSkoll

Right - well, I had to resort to flipping a coin to get over my indecisiveness, but I've finally decided on what my warband is going to be.

So I've started writing, and I hope that others will join me in such.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Necris

Well I think I maybe able to join in with this if you still need participants

I've been testing out my hand making true scale marines for a lost and the dammed army so hopefully will be up to some serious modelling

And if I can swing it I'll have a new warband for the IGT

and maybe a new Necris...
This here is my very favourite gun...I call her rita.

The Order of the Iron Rose - Necris' Inq28 Plog

Stormgrad

Well Hello there, ok some of you may know me from our DH Voip game anyway i have a tentative plan to attend the IGT (money, missus, etc allowing) regardless of getting there im going to start work on a warband so that i can attend if i can. having already spoke to marco i think that using the IGT as a deadline and the 3 model limit a good start (easily achievable goal and a deadline thats set in stone so i cant fudge it back if i feel the need) id then also like to expand upon this warband in maybe a future article i dont know anyway im ranting now and i need a shower

Holiad

Well, I'd be happy to contribute, if two new followers attached to a pre-existing inquisitor(luckily Terwyn is very flexible regarding who she might be working with) is enough of a "new warband" to qualify. I would prefer to have slightly more solid guidelines on exactly what is expected, though.
Poor noble Marech
Noone 'till the end could see
Your brave heart of fire