Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Ordos xenos

Started by Acolyte Havlan Tome, August 20, 2010, 11:41:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Acolyte Havlan Tome

I'm not really very well read on the ordos xenos and thought it would be better to start a topic here than go searching around the internet. Any and every bit of information is welcome. Any of your ordos exenos  character profiles would be more than welcome.

Thanks
If you catch sight of me twice your either lucky or not worth exterminating

Kaled

You might want to make your questions a bit more specific, overwise just searching the internet will probably get you a lot more information than just asking people to post snippets of info.

However, the Ordo Xenos is probably the least explored of the Ordos Majoris (though that may change when Deathwatch is released) - have you looked on Lexicanum? Maybe read Eisenhorn? Look at the Dark Heresy books? The DH books in particular have some great info on the types of aliens the Ordo investigates - threats far more insidious than the ones who have 40k codices.
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

Acolyte Havlan Tome

Put as a revised question could anybody post their ordos xenos inquisitors

If you catch sight of me twice your either lucky or not worth exterminating

Shannow

Xenology is also a great book, that shows the level of detail and seriousness that are appropriated to xenos as well as the sometimes maddening obsession that the discovery of their biological processes may have on an Inquisitor or his associates.

Rob
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

Koval

Quote from: Shannow on August 20, 2010, 04:11:42 PM
Xenology is also a great book, that shows the level of detail and seriousness that are appropriated to xenos as well as the sometimes maddening obsession that the discovery of their biological processes may have on an Inquisitor or his associates.

Rob
Mileages tend to vary very wildly on Xenology. I've seen some very scathing attacks on that book.

OP, go read the Lexicanum site.

Elva

I haven't heard any bad about the book, in fact, in my own personal opinion it does its job, giving great ideas and helping understand human and alien interaction in a nicely themed format. Damn, now I want to play my Q'orl even more now :P
"Nobody expects the Imperial Inquisition!!"

Shannow

Quote from: Koval on August 20, 2010, 08:05:01 PM
Mileages tend to vary very wildly on Xenology. I've seen some very scathing attacks on that book.

OP, go read the Lexicanum site.

I can completely understand that actually and its a good point Koval, I think it depends on what you want to use it as really, as a reference guide to some bizarre races and providing good solid background on more staple races such as tau and eldar I think it really is good (along with a average but enjoyable story as well), but I can see that for some it wouldn't be worth the price tag at all and doesn't go deep enough, and that the story could be distracting, making it difficult to dissect out the info.

I would still recommend it having said that but purely for inspiration I would try and pick it up cheap or not bother unless yoi have the cash spare for an rrp copy. 

Rob
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

Elva

I found mine online as a pdf. If anyone wants the link I could send it to them. Its a great book and if I had the cash I would buy it, but sadly its not an option at the moment.

And I agree with the fact that it didn't explore enough into some of the xenos, I really wanted to know more about he Q'orl, however this can be an advantage as it leaves more room for your imagination and interpretation.

Flinty

Err... I should be a little more careful about saying where/how you accessed copyrighted material on the internet which it could be construed that you probably didn't pay for (I could, of course, be wrong on that count).

I think it is usually more acceptable to forum moderators to not mention pirate material at all, or simply suggest that someone googles the general subject. Im sure someone will be along to set out the offical Conclave line shortly.
Neanderthal and Proud!

greenstuff_gav

Quote from: Flinty on August 23, 2010, 12:02:49 PM
I think it is usually more acceptable to forum moderators to not mention pirate material at all, or simply suggest that someone googles the general subject. Im sure someone will be along to set out the offical Conclave line shortly.

[MOD]
while out of production things like Marcos' great resource are fine, talking about copies of stuff readily available isn't acceptable.
while we're a lot more relaxed than we used to be, we cannot condone or encourage theft (which is what we're talking about.. all the banter of Piracy detracts from the fact pirating is stealing).
[/MOD]

on topic, Lexicanum Link and for the more interesting modelling-related info, the Community Inquisition Showcase
and a personal note, i didn't like Xenology  ::)
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

Elva

My apologies. I'll keep my lips sealed.  :-X Sorry if I stepped out of line.

But a bit back on topic, its a good jumping off point, though now that I think of it, you could probably find most, if not all of that information on the Lexicanum. I know that fact was true for the Q'orl.

Morcus

Xenology is worth the money for the pictures, thats the way I viewed it. The Info was nice and the story was an okay distraction but the meat and potatoes of the Book was the Art work, thats who I reckon made the money of the project.

Game wise, I've always found Xenos based campaignes to give you more freedom to do what you want but that said most things tend to cross the boundries anyway as surely Human members of Alien Cults are still Heretics?

Myriad

Consorting with aliens is a step up from consorting with chaos, but all that really means they'll shoot you nicely.  There's a bit more freedom when using xenos campaigns, but all the different shades of chaos cult leave plenty of material too, especially if you consider the internal politics / intrigue angle.

The only bit of Xenology I know is the picture of a Hrud (which is in the lexicanum), but that did inspire me to build a model.
I had better point out, that some of the clubs I represent are of a military bent.

You know what you are?  A plywood shark!

Morcus

With the right people, storylines that don't involve aliens or demons have the most potential to be the most intresting but I find in practice it's very much like the Perfect Record on the Perfect Record Player being better than the Perfect CD on the Perfect CD player, whilst most of the time CD will give better quality.

I've recently moved and Have no idea where my copy is (Or my much loved Inq Rulebook for that matter) but I loved the pictures, and that was deffinitly the part that recieved the most attention.